Movie poster/fanart arrangement
(2013-05-19, 10:16)Martijn Wrote: XBMC always scales it down after it has been scraped. No matter if you have local art or not.
You can change this in advancedsettings.xml

OK thanks
(2013-05-19, 10:13)Baswazz Wrote: I agree. Big Grin
What i ment by quality in this situation is, if i let the scraper handle it the same movie poster 1000x1500 will it be scaled down? And with manually artwork set 1000x1500 it does not. Or will it be the same?

It will be the same - the rescaling is a client specific setting, some lower power clients will rescale artwork to a lower resolution for performance reasons although you can alter this behaviour in advancedsettings.xml with the fanartres and imageres properties.

(2013-05-19, 10:13)Baswazz Wrote: Do you use .nfo for the movie info, or do you still use the scraper for this. If not, what about changing the scraped language in Amber, can you help me out with this?

I use nfo as well, but being British I don't have any language problems. Smile I'm not sure how you change the plot language in Ember, I suspect it has something to do with which imdb site is scraped (for example if the German/.de site is scraped, the plots will be in German?) I suggest you ask in the Ember forum - the developers seem to be mostly non-native English speakers so I'm pretty sure they will be familiar with the problem and may have a solution.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
When exporting to individual files, XBMC will export the fanart you have currently selected and are viewing in your library (eg your preferred fanart) to the folder your movie is in.
Would you ever lose the library a simple and *fast* rescrape will give you everything back the way you had it.

It is really the best way to set up everything the way you like it, not use external programs and still be able to select exactly which art you want to see without risking losing it all and having to start over.
Using a XBMC addon like Artwork Downloader makes it even easier to get the best looking artwork in high quality as well.
There are several skins that integrate Artwork Downloader so that you can choose which artwork to download right from the xbmc menu.
(2013-05-18, 13:57)Baswazz Wrote: What files do i need to backup to have a backup of my Movie Database + Posters/Fanart + Watched/Unwatched status

Your options:
1)
Backup your entire userdata folder and put it back after an reinstall. Should work fine even when using a higher version of XBMC. This will restore everything, including addons, addon settings etc. The downside being that you need to do this regularly or you might have to set up several movies again. This will NOT work fine when going to a previous version..
2)
Export your database to individual files regularly. That means the metadata you selected to see for your files gets stored with the files, and you just rescrape in a clean install to get it back. This will not give you back your watched status, unless you use the <importwatchedstatus> setting in your advancedsettings.xml (wiki). It will make it easy to move your files around if you need to reorganise them. This will work both going up and down in versions.
3)
Combine 1+2 to get the best of both worlds, enabling you to do whatever you want without losing metadata Smile

As for me? I export my library to individual files about once a week and every time before I reinstall xbmc.
I try out different versions of XBMC regularly and that gives me a higher chance to bork up my library.
(2013-05-19, 11:17)Kibje Wrote: When exporting to individual files, XBMC will export the fanart you have currently selected and are viewing in your library (eg your preferred fanart) to the folder your movie is in.
Would you ever lose the library a simple and *fast* rescrape will give you everything back the way you had it.

Then presumably you will be exporting the scaled down images (depending on client fanartres/imageres settings), and not the higher quality (resolution) images that will have been scraped originally.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-05-19, 11:40)MilhouseVH Wrote: Then presumably you will be exporting the scaled down images (depending on client fanartres/imageres settings), and not the higher quality (resolution) images that will have been scraped originally.
You presume wrong that I let my client scale down images.
(2013-05-19, 11:49)Kibje Wrote:
(2013-05-19, 11:40)MilhouseVH Wrote: Then presumably you will be exporting the scaled down images (depending on client fanartres/imageres settings), and not the higher quality (resolution) images that will have been scraped originally.
export will export the scaled down versions scraped by xbmc unless you changed advancedsettings.xml
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-05-19, 11:51)Martijn Wrote: export will export the scaled down versions scraped by xbmc unless you changed advancedsettings.xml
Yes, that has been established already.
Milhouse is assuming i do not have that set for some reason.
(2013-05-19, 11:49)Kibje Wrote:

Maybe you should make that clear when suggesting something with such variable results.
Thanks guys for all the input, it became more clear now.
Great MilhouseVH point out the scaled down thing, this is a key point which we must not forget.

1. So i can choose to let a mediamanager manage the poster/fanart and export the database to individual files with or without have the advancedsettings.xml set.
2. Or i can change the advancedsettings.xml to not scale down and use a scraper and then export the database to individual files.

I presume method one is faster when importing a backup and when not set the advancedsettings.xml will be faster on slower devices like the Raspberry Pi which i own as well.

What about the movie metadata lets asume i can set it to Dutch in Ember, i presume the info will be the same regarding of using Ember or a Scraper such as The Universal Scraper?

Kibje when you choose export database tot individual files does it restore warched status?
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
I decided tot start adding The posters/fanart it will taken me a couplet of hout tot complete. But i really like to know if The watched/unwatched status is being
Backuped?
No one?
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Yes, watched status is recorded in the exported info. You just need to make sure XBMC reads it upon importing using the advancedsetting.xml (wiki) tag (not sure off hand what it is, but search for "watched" and you should find it).
Oke thanks. After i am done adding fanart ill go try it out myself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie poster/fanart arrangement0