Help understanding the new (XBMC 13-xvba) xrandr / display options.
Hello.

I run 2 displays for my system.

XBMC > TV (Full 1080p)
XBMC > Optima 3DXL > BenQ Projector (I believe the italicized bit is important as its always on) (Hd Ready - 720p)

I used to have two commands linked to my remote to turn the projector on or off.

Projon
720p @ 50hz
Code:
#!/bin/bash
xrandr -display 0:0 --output DVI-I-1 --off
xrandr -display 0:0 --output HDMI-0 --mode 0x28c

and projoff

TV 1080p@50hz
Code:
#!/bin/bash
xrandr -display 0:0 --output DVI-I-1 --mode 0x280
xrandr -display 0:0 --output HDMI-0 --off

This has worked fine until one of the recent changes, and I am trying to understand what's changed and to understand how it works for my setup.

When I now run 'projon' XBMC appears to be still rendering the skin at 1920x1080 so I only see a corner of the screen.

If I try and use the settings menu to change from DVI > HDMI I cant change the refresh rate so it defaults to 60hz on the TV and 120hz on the projector and it wont let me change this.

So in short, if its possible to disable this new feature via advance settings, can someone let me know.

If its not possible can someone please advise.

#1. How to change the refresh rate via the GUI (or force it via advance settings)
#2. if there is a keymap option for toggling outputs (cant see it here - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml )

As my box inbetween the PC and projector is never turned off I need a way to manually change it via the remote.

Thanks in advance.
You can only change refresh rate in the gui when running XBMC in standalone mode.

Nevertheless, that was some bugs I just fixed. You may want to read this: https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/pull/119
My xbmc is in standalone mode.

mc@XBMC-PC:~$ ps aux | grep xbmc.bin
mc 12630 0.0 0.0 9440 916 pts/9 R+ 14:10 0:00 grep --color=auto xbmc.bin
mc 15899 24.4 7.1 3472576 586336 ? SLl 10:34 52:49 /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalone

Unless i misunderstood

I am on my phone at the moment, but i will have a good read of that link tomorrow, thanks for the info.

Smile
Setting refresh rate in gui settings is broken in mainline.
That explains that then, thanks for the quick reply.

Does anyone else know if there is a way to map the Monitor select to a remote button ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help understanding the new (XBMC 13-xvba) xrandr / display options.0