Req Save video calibration by aspect ratio
I have noticed that when you are watching a video and you go into the video calibration settings and adjust the square box so the video fits the screen, this data is not saved, even if you click set as default.

I understand that there are a few different aspect ratios and that is why they each need to be calibrated. However it would be awesome if you only had to set the calibration once per aspect ratio. There is probably not more than 5 or 6 aspect ratios that we normally deal with, so adding a setting to the config file for each standard aspect ratio and then saving the offset from the Video Calibration should be doable. This is of course contingent on XBMC being able to detect the aspect ratio of the video in question, so it may not be possible.

What do you think? Doable or no?
Why on earth do you need to calibrate when thete is a different ratio?
All I know is right now I have to readjust the calibration box every single movie I play even if the movie is the same aspect ratio as the last one. Maybe you are not understanding which setting I am talking about. When you are playing a video if you click on the reel icon and scroll all the way to the bottom, you see Video Calibration. Selecting that brings up a blue box that you adjust to make perfectly square. I have to do this for EVERY video. I would just like for this to be saved. Since the box needs adjusted differently depending on the base aspect of the video, there should be a separate save value based on the aspect of the video.

I hope that makes sense.
i have never ever done that.
the calibration i have done is in settings and that was months ago. all my videos show like they should
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Calibration only needs to be done if you have over or under scan (and really is a last resort - better to set the TV properly, or have your video driver deal with it). If you are thinking you need to zoom a 4:3 movie to fit a 16:9 screen, then you really shouldn't - people will look fat! But if you did want to do that on every 4:3 video there are settings for that Settings|Video|Playback.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What you are accessing is per-video calibration which is used to correct videos that were incorrectly made.

First make sure TV is calibrated. Check options like "zoom" and such.

Still no good?

Use system-wide calibration under Settings -> System -> Video output
(2013-05-26, 10:25)nickr Wrote: Calibration only needs to be done if you have over or under scan (and really is a last resort - better to set the TV properly, or have your video driver deal with it). If you are thinking you need to zoom a 4:3 movie to fit a 16:9 screen, then you really shouldn't - people will look fat! But if you did want to do that on every 4:3 video there are settings for that Settings|Video|Playback.

Most helpful post so far. I did find that global setting and have watched 2 videos since and did not need to adjust each one. I'll replay again if I find one that it doesn't work for, but so far so good.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Save video calibration by aspect ratio0