• 12(current)
Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
fritsch - how does one select YADIF de-interlacing. Does it appear as a YADIF option - or is it automatically enabled when you select De-interlace to ON or AUTO and the method to Auto?
The Option Yadif is not available, the name for it is just Deinterlace

Keep Deinterlace set to Auto, only change the Deinterlace Method to Deinterlace
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-12-28, 18:30)fritsch Wrote: The Option Yadif is not available, the name for it is just Deinterlace

Keep Deinterlace set to Auto, only change the Deinterlace Method to Deinterlace

Thanks for the swift reply. WIll give it a go with my Celeron 1007U system.
Running on a zotac ID18 (also Celeron 1007U) here. Working fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm doing a new build using Intel Celeron G540 and an H61 board.

I'm deciding what version of ubuntu to install.

Thinking on 12.04 for stability.

Will the added ppa for xbmc assure smooth playback on 1080p files?
1080p doesn't need any Deinterlacing, so install of 12.04 should be fine for you.

You only need to deinterlace interlaced Material like 1080i or 576i.
| myHTPC |
@evilsephiroth: if you use ubuntu 12.04, you'll run into the RC6 bug with that CPU. I highly recommend using 13.10 instead.
I'm using VGA as output and audio analog as audio output.

Will it impact something?
Using vga has a huge limitation: auto changing display refresh rates won't work properly. So HDMI or at least DVI is recommended.
That said, if your display doesn't have a 24p mode, it won't make a huge difference. Just be warned that this can cause micro stuttering/telecine judder.
asus h61-i lx R2.0.

This is the main board.

Has DVI so should I do something specific for the setup?
1080p is not a problem at all. Nowadays computers play it without issues. This thread is about 1080i and deinterlacing in high quality.

Don't go with 12.04 - it is too old. Cause of Bugs in SNB GT1 GPUs a newer Mesa and a better Kernel >= 3.11.3 is needed. One for stability the other one for HD Audio.

Start with an Ubuntu 13.10 64 bit Mini Iso. Don't install Unity, compiz and no pulseaudio. Make sure to have libva1 and libva-intel-vaapi-driver installed.

I will update the howto during the day. It's really easy.

Edit: Just read the other replies. What wsnipex said

@evilsephiroth: Concerning the questions you ask, I think OpenELEC is a better choice for you - It will just work.
(2013-12-30, 12:01)fritsch Wrote: 1080p is not a problem at all. Nowadays computers play it without issues. This thread is about 1080i and deinterlacing in high quality.

Don't go with 12.04 - it is too old. Cause of Bugs in SNB GT1 GPUs a newer Mesa and a better Kernel >= 3.11.3 is needed. One for stability the other one for HD Audio.

Start with an Ubuntu 13.10 64 bit Mini Iso. Don't install Unity, compiz and no pulseaudio. Make sure to have libva1 and libva-intel-vaapi-driver installed.

I will update the howto during the day. It's really easy.

Edit: Just read the other replies. What wsnipex said

@evilsephiroth: Concerning the questions you ask, I think OpenELEC is a better choice for you - It will just work.

sadly I must stick to a complete distribution...
The server has multiple service that I need(sab,nfs with lvm,git server,tvheadend server) but being near a TV I would like to connect and use xbmc on it
If you don't need deinterlacing at all, I see no issues. Keep what you have.
now I have a E350 system with custom kernel and vdpau...
I think I will start from scratch for the celeron...
Too much hassle purge kernel and gpu drivers ....
I am just updating the front page - only kernel is missing.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416