• 13(current)
Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
Thanks a lot fritsch.

My only reason for switch to intel was for hi10p decoding so I hope I can fulfill my objective with this build Big Grin
hi10p is not done on the GPU at all. But we do multi threaded decoding and your celeron should be fast enough to handle it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Fritsch, what are the recommended settings for Gotham?

With Frodo you recommended this (or at least it's what I have since Frodo)

Adjust display refresh rate - On start-stop
Sync playback to display - enabled
AV sync method - drop/dupe audio

Still the best?
Yes. If your TV supports the fps of course. The howto is now complete, I added the kernels.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have 50, 59.94 and 60fps which is working fine for me. Thanks.
Be careful when playing 24p/24 content. That would be pretty bad to sync to 60hz while doing so.
Thanks! Guide worked first time on my Intel Haswell NUC. Just need to get my MCE remote working with the built in IR receiver, it was working under openELEC before. Then I can install advanced launcher and some EMUs Smile
can you get me - just out of interest:

dmesg | pastebinit
and lsusb -v

We also need to workaround that IR for OpenELEC, therefore that information is highly needed.
Yep no problem! Out of interest I have gotten advanced launcher installed (manually as it doesn't work in gotham yet) to launch Dolphin Emu. It works! But the issue is, a lot of the emulators require you to set various options for the emu first using the GUI that comes with the emulator. I can't exit XBMC as it just relaunches itself, and if I manage to kill it I just see a cursor and no terminal.

I can see the GUI for the wii emulator, but unable to use it as my mouse is locked to the game itself. Any ideas?

(2014-01-01, 21:26)fritsch Wrote: can you get me - just out of interest:

dmesg | pastebinit
and lsusb -v

We also need to workaround that IR for OpenELEC, therefore that information is highly needed.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6677671/
http://paste.ubuntu.com/6677683/
"sudo service xbmc stop" will stop Xbmc.

But since you want to use external applications you should enable a window manager.
uncomment this in the init script and make sure you have fluxbox installed.
Code:
#   exec su -c "xinit /usr/bin/fluxbox :0" $USER

After a reboot, you should be able to switch Xbmc to window mode(\ key) and run any program you want.
(2014-01-02, 12:30)wsnipex Wrote: "sudo service xbmc stop" will stop Xbmc.

But since you want to use external applications you should enable a window manager.
uncomment this in the init script and make sure you have fluxbox installed.
Code:
#   exec su -c "xinit /usr/bin/fluxbox :0" $USER

After a reboot, you should be able to switch Xbmc to window mode(\ key) and run any program you want.

Excellent. Installed fluxbox and if I uncomment that line I get fluxbox but no longer xbmc auto booted. Is there a way to start xbmc with fluxbox underneath?

Also I'm getting no audio from my emulators - any ideas? Thanks!

These are my devices:

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC283 Analog [ALC283 Analog]

As far as I can tell.. they are unmuted!

I do get the error: ALSA lib pcm+dmix.c:1022Sadsnd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
You need an asound.conf to select the Default Device. Not topic of this howto. You can let xbmc also auto start by editing a fluxbox config.

Quite easy, create /etc/asound.conf and reboot

Code:
pcm.!default {
  type plug
  slave {
    pcm "hw:0,3" #delete the first hash for sound over hdmi
    rate 48000
  }
}

for fluxbox, a short google should help you :-)
Great thanks - I used 7 as I'm using DP to HDMI - and this works in all emulators except retroarch

retroarch [ALSA] failed to initialize

Edit: It works when launched from fluxbox but not from XBMC
Edit 2: If I disable GUI sounds in XBMC, audio in emulators work again.. perhaps XBMC is locking the audio down
Make sure AE gets suspended prior to running the emulator. xbmc locks the audio for the time you have set it in System -> Audio Settings. If the emulator does not call AE Suspend prior to running, it won't work.
any chance to adapt the how to to a debian live installation?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416