Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
Hello, great work on the ubuntu repo for xbmc posted in the first thread, works like a charm on my intel nuc i3 with thunderbolt.

just one thing that doesnt work as expeced, before i used a raspberry pi, and used ios7 ipad mini, and airplay worked nice somewhat instable at times but it worked..

now it seems that avahi-daemon has a setting i had to fix in /etc/default/avahi-daemon from 1 to 0 (the only row..) and then avahi accually starts on boot.
(using a basic ubuntu server 13.10 with xbmc and everything for it and just made a update-rc.d avahi-daemon defaults)

anyway now on boot (it boots into xbmc automatically) and ios device can see xbmc as a airplay device, i choose it and spotify pauses the playback, and nothing shows on the tv and no sound..

so i just wonder if airplay is broken in these builds, or if its supposed to work so i know if i have to compile from source or where to start Smile

edit i tried a apt-get update and upgrade, and next version of xbmc airplay works again.. so it seems to have been a bug in that build i had,, Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing - by stingray454 - 2014-02-15, 23:49
EDID / HDMI Handshake workaround - by Ney - 2014-10-29, 13:58
Thank you! - by Sta11ion - 2015-01-02, 01:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416