Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
First of all, thanks a lot for looking into this, fritsch! Much appreciated!

I have gone through your installation instructions word by word again and always used copy&paste in order not to introduce typos. I also reconfigured xserver-common again.

In the logs I gave you the wrong id, but I believe the xbmc user is configured correctly, too. Here it is:
uid=1001(xbmc) gid=1001(xbmc) Gruppen=1001(xbmc),20(dialout),24(cdrom),29(audio),30(dip),44(video),46(plugdev),100(users)

What I realized though is that the /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/custom-actions.pkla file could not be written (despite sudo) due to lack of access rights. I did not realize that the file could not be written in my initial installaion. In fact, I can't even cd into the localauthority directory (as adm user walter). Could that be the problem?

The only other deviation from your instructions was that I installed the mini.iso and not the server.iso despite running an UEFI system (Intel NUC i5). I did that because Intel updated the BIOS firmware to address respective issues. I tried the mini and it worked (the SSD boots up without complaints) so I did not worry...

One more thing: I installed the system with an old monitor, connected via MiniDisplayPort to VGA adapter. Since the upstart script waits for HDMI to become ready, I thought that might be the problem. But I have connected the NUC to my TV now. The HDMI Out of the NUC is connected to a HDMI switch, which is in turn connected to the TV, but again XBMC does not start up.

What do you think?

Many thanks again and best regards,

M4tt0

Messages In This Thread
RE: vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing - by M4tt0 - 2014-08-31, 14:25
EDID / HDMI Handshake workaround - by Ney - 2014-10-29, 13:58
Thank you! - by Sta11ion - 2015-01-02, 01:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416