• 83(current)
Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
No problem. I can upload some other samples if neccesary for anyone who wants to give it a shot.
(2014-11-29, 12:43)fritsch Wrote: Thanks, that is looking fine. Can you help what I should do (content wise) to see the issue? Some sample available? Demo screenshot?
Edit: I already read the log before Martijn delete it. Yes, please for the future use a pastebin near you (no need to post again)

I managed to provide you an sample to test with:
TS-File
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1f8vx06q5g1htv/Test.ts?dl=0

The 2 PNG-Screenshots from the settings:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4wn9rkymba2r4...1.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dad3xml0fw3503...2.png?dl=0
Ah!!! Now i know what you are doing. Please also enable "Non linear stretch" ?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-11-29, 13:36)fritsch Wrote: Ah!!! Now i know what you are doing. Please also enable "Non linear stretch" ?

Does not work for the autoremove black bars problem , but if it would work the non linear strech would destroy the aspect ratio. Sad

If vaapi is disabled compleatly the remove black bars function and zoom setting automaticly zoom the whole picture (in high and widh) with zoom level about 1.33 - 1.35 and this is not working with vaapi enabled.

I can set it manualy, but this is not the point it should work automaticaly to avoid black bars.
Wait. I think there is a basic misunderstanding of what "remove black bars" does.

It removes black bars as long as the aspect ratio is not touched at all and you don't loose any information. That means, if you have black bars only on top and bottom, but a 1080p with image, it won't do anything. But now, do the following:
Enable: Remove Black bars
Use Mode: Zoom

There will appear a new slider: Zoom Amount.

See:

Btw. you are aware that you loos a whole lot of pixels on the right and left?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Correctly,

when you disable vaapi this is done automaticaly in high and widh like before it was done in Gotham.
The "dont lose any information" aspect is new , as in Gotham and without Vaapi this is working with removing black bars compleatly (with loosing pixels).

Thats the point. It seems that this function is not more working with vaapi and mem copy like before!.

For Plasmas this is a good function to avoid burn ins and the reason why i have purched the Intel Nuc to use Openelec instead of my Enigma2 reciver.

As i can remember the autoremove function was only worked on PC systems, because some time ago i tested this with Raspery and it was nonfunctional like now on Intel Nucs vith VAPPI enabled.
Oki. Thanks, I need to hurry to get my train, will see later what is going on here.
Are you 100% sure that it works for you, when you disable VAAPI? For me it does not work neither with VAAPI nor with Software :-)
Disregard :-)
Hi,
@fritsch, I believe you will be able to help me! I plan to get an ASRock Q1900-ITX board, and I intend to use it with OpenElec.
I use it also for liveTV, with DVB-S2, and I watch lot of football on HD channels, which are 1080i (I guess, not sure, but are HD channels).
What options do I have for proper deinterlacing with this board? Will I get proper deinterlacing in good quality or this is not possible?

At the moment, I'm using an integrated Radeon HD4200 and Athlon X2 240, Win7+MediaPortal, and I use Vector Adaptive as deinterlacing. Will I be able to have same quality on the Q1900 board and OpenElec (with VDR).

I use a 42" Panasonic plasma HD Ready, so no fullHD, but 720p display, if that matters anything, if the DVB-S2 source is 1080i.

Many of my friends suggest that I should go with an nVidia card, Atom 300+ION for example, although old, but nVidia and has good interlacing, fully capable for live tv 1080i. But I like the Q1900-ITX system a lot, small, passive cooling, very low energy, good CPU performance...

Many thanks!
Options currently: Q1900-ITX: none. Only thing working is VAAPI-BOB or Render BOB. MADI is broken driverwise and unsure to work in the near future.

ION-1 is outdated, slow CPU and not uptodate GPU.

Q1900-ITX has a pretty bad GPU (4 Execution units only) it's much slower than an ION-2.
Perhaps to be more clear: Don't buy a Baytrail if you want to watch LiveTV.
(2014-11-29, 21:29)fritsch Wrote: Perhaps to be more clear: Don't buy a Baytrail if you want to watch LiveTV.

Many thanks for your prompt and clear answer. I'v very sad to hear thisSad So Q1900 is not an option. VAAPI-BOB is very bad in terms of quality? I believe that I have a much better quality now with Radeon HD4200 Vector Adaptive?

I know that ION-1 is outdated, but it is still working very nice for the livetv deinterlacing, not? If it working nice, it is fine for me! Atom 330 in terms of speed looks fine with OpenElece. Other then the fact that it is being outdated, are there any drawbacks for going with ION-1? I need only DTS audio, nothing else.
ION-1 has not enough oomph to do 1080i50 with Temporal / Spatial deinterlacing.
It has not enough power to upscal 720p to 1080 via Lanczos 3 Optimized.

Your AMD Card _only under windows_ does it most likely better.
I see the error, I also see the code that fails, but I don't understand what problem we have. It seems we have some values in there that I access fully wrong. It seems there are too many non black pixels in there, still investigating.
(2014-11-29, 21:56)fritsch Wrote: ION-1 has not enough oomph to do 1080i50 with Temporal / Spatial deinterlacing.
It has not enough power to upscal 720p to 1080 via Lanczos 3 Optimized.

Your AMD Card _only under windows_ does it most likely better.

Thanks! You help me a lot!
With ION-1 there is an ION optimized deinterlacing that ION is able to do? Is it very bad in terms of quality?
I don't really need upscaling, as I said, I'm using a 720p capable plasma.

What can I expect if I go with AMD route, namely the ASRock E350M1?
Is ATI a good choice now for Openelec (Linux), will it do better then ION-1? Or there are also driver issues.
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416