Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
(2015-04-25, 09:21)fritsch Wrote: If you upgrade, you need to remove consolekit, pm-utils, upower

A little bit of a warning here.

Removing upower resulted in the following:

Code:
$ sudo apt-get remove upower
[sudo] password for htpc:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
  gnome-control-center gnome-control-center-data gnome-icon-theme gnome-icon-theme-symbolic gnome-settings-daemon libcolord-gtk1 libgoa-backend-1.0-1
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  gnome-power-manager gnome-session-bin indicator-power nautilus-share powerd ubuntu-session unity-control-center upower
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  gnome-control-center gnome-control-center-data gnome-icon-theme gnome-icon-theme-symbolic gnome-settings-daemon libcolord-gtk1 libgoa-backend-1.0-1
0 upgraded, 7 newly installed, 8 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 3,633 kB of archives.
After this operation, 10.6 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

which in its turn makes it impossible to start a Unity session on my 15.04 install.

For those of you who want to run Kodi on top of a full session, rather than as a session, this may be of importance.

There does not appear to be a straight forward way to make Unity work again after this either. Luckily I made a dd image of the install before reverting to 14.04 earlier today, so I could easily restore it.
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD

Messages In This Thread
EDID / HDMI Handshake workaround - by Ney - 2014-10-29, 13:58
Thank you! - by Sta11ion - 2015-01-02, 01:51
RE: VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04 - by mattlach - 2015-04-26, 03:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416