Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
(2015-05-14, 08:09)fritsch Wrote: The stream seems to change during commercials from interlaced to progressive? E.g. from 29.97i to 24 fps - which is somehow typical for some TV stations arround the world. We don't have a solution for this yet - sadly. The artifacts you see is reconfiguring the Renderer, which gets flushed and then reconfigured.

fritsch,

Thank you for your assessment.

I do see this happening, but I figured there was something else going on as well, as the "hiccups" happen throughout, not just at the ad to ad borders and borders between ads and regular programming.

I can manually reproduce the same artifact by switching between the "on" and "off" deinterlace settings even when it is not occurring.

As a workaround, I could just leave deinterlace on. My eyes may not be the greatest, but I don't see any quality downside to running deinterlace "on" on progressive content. Is there one, or is it just a matter of wasted processing?

Thank you again,
Matt
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD

Messages In This Thread
EDID / HDMI Handshake workaround - by Ney - 2014-10-29, 13:58
Thank you! - by Sta11ion - 2015-01-02, 01:51
RE: VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04 - by mattlach - 2015-05-14, 15:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416