Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
(2015-07-07, 16:31)fritsch Wrote: Don't let us drift into religion ... just use some test samples and see if color range is as expected. ...

And again: this color discussion is only valid with our here given EGL build. All other kodi + vaapi does not work that way ...

(2015-07-07, 19:36)noggin Wrote:
(2015-07-07, 16:25)jjslegacy Wrote: okay so I am a little confused.

I have always been using this:

- Full range xrandr, limited kodi + limited projector

I guess I thought I was going to be able to get rid of the limited kodi as the washed out blacks in Kodi are a bit annoying but no biggie.

Since I have always been doing this - should I really see a change? I assume there is nothing really different?

I could run full on the projector but I would have to switch for other sources so doesn't seem ideal.

Thanks!

Washed out blacks are a sign that something is wrong in your configuration. The stuff being discussed here is about removing or minimising banding. Previous builds have had the capacity to get black levels right for both limited and full range displays.

A well set-up system should have black blacks...

The washed out blacks are in the application itself - not in anything played - that all looks proper - when I force the limited setting in Kodi the app looks washed out - no crisis would be nice to not have to band-aid all of this but that's not going to happen.

The quality looks great playing movies - can't complain

Messages In This Thread
EDID / HDMI Handshake workaround - by Ney - 2014-10-29, 13:58
Thank you! - by Sta11ion - 2015-01-02, 01:51
RE: VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04 - by jjslegacy - 2015-07-07, 21:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416