[Solved] No Audio Output via HDMI to TV
VLC will be using the Windows default sound device which is shown by the green tick, which for you is the LG TV.

XBMC should also show the LG TV in the list of devices, however it's missing from the XBMC list this is why you are not getting audio out from XBMC. The only reason I can think of is XBMC is not detecting the TV as being on, so please make sure the TV is on before starting XBMC otherwise it won't be detected, as the routine for detecting audio devices is run at XBMC startup.
(2013-05-31, 10:41)jjd-uk Wrote: VLC will be using the Windows default sound device which is shown by the green tick, which for you is the LG TV.

XBMC should also show the LG TV in the list of devices, however it's missing from the XBMC list this is why you are not getting audio out from XBMC. The only reason I can think of is XBMC is not detecting the TV as being on, so please make sure the TV is on before starting XBMC otherwise it won't be detected, as the routine for detecting audio devices is run at XBMC startup.

I always turned XBMC on and then connected it to the TV oh god. So I did as you suggested and everything works!

Now my settings are:

Audio Output: HDMI
Speaker Configuration: 2.0
Audio Output Device: DirectSound HDMI - LG-TV
Passthrough Output Device: DirectSound HDMI - LG-TV

You're amazing thank you so much! Big Grin
Glad we've finally got the bottom of it Smile Unfortunately XBMC is not currently able to auto detect when devices are plugged in, so everything must be plugged up and switch on before starting XBMC.
(2013-05-31, 13:04)Anna1996 Wrote: I always turned XBMC on and then connected it to the TV oh god. So I did as you suggested and everything works!

Now my settings are:

One other thing if you haven't already, since Windows shows no formats in the encoded format box within the Supported Formats tab, make sure none of the "capable receiver" options are selected to prevent any further problems.
(2013-05-31, 13:37)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2013-05-31, 13:04)Anna1996 Wrote: I always turned XBMC on and then connected it to the TV oh god. So I did as you suggested and everything works!

Now my settings are:

One other thing if you haven't already, since Windows shows no formats in the encoded format box within the Supported Formats tab, make sure none of the "capable receiver" options are selected to prevent any further problems.

Got it! Thanks Smile
Thanks JJD-UK. That sorted it for me too! I've been googling ways in which I can repay you and I've come up with this:
http://www.sainthood.com/sainthood.htm
Thanks! this thread was very helpful. For me also, it was the ordering of which I started first, which needed to be, my xbmc after hooking in my HDMI cable, and displaying my laptop screen on the TV, which works.! And explains why it worked sometimes.

There is a lot of useful info about the the audio settings here, and you have to use the XMBC System Settings Audio from the main xbmc menu in order to see them all..rather than just the speaker icon that you see when playing...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] No Audio Output via HDMI to TV2