• 47(current)
[SUPPORT] Free Cable - US station aggregator
I responded to someone else about this a few pages back, possible it should be the same as oxygen etc. Trying to get some defects sorted first.

(2014-02-09, 23:39)photoplay Wrote: Good afternoon slices. Here's my findings; @ 100(normal), DOOL script error on full episodes and highlights, rest ok (web exclusive, etc) also tested Chicago Fire and all good there.
@ 50, DOOL, script error on full episodes, WEB EXCLUSIVES and highlights, rest ok. Chicago Fire; Script error on full episodes, rest ok.

So seems when reducing to 50, Days of Our Lives now encounter additional script error and C.F. encounters new script error.
Thx.
So it's the number of pages causing the issue. Still can't reproduce this. Work around for now in settings reduce the page limit to 3.
(2014-02-09, 23:51)slices Wrote: I responded to someone else about this a few pages back, possible it should be the same as oxygen etc. Trying to get some defects sorted first.

(2014-02-09, 23:39)photoplay Wrote: Good afternoon slices. Here's my findings; @ 100(normal), DOOL script error on full episodes and highlights, rest ok (web exclusive, etc) also tested Chicago Fire and all good there.
@ 50, DOOL, script error on full episodes, WEB EXCLUSIVES and highlights, rest ok. Chicago Fire; Script error on full episodes, rest ok.

So seems when reducing to 50, Days of Our Lives now encounter additional script error and C.F. encounters new script error.
Thx.
So it's the number of pages causing the issue. Still can't reproduce this. Work around for now in settings reduce the page limit to 3.

@ 3, 6, 9, or 10 nothing works on DOOL or C.F.
@25 only current previews, interviews and behind the scenes works. Thx slices.

UPDATE: Downloaded the latest Beta from git and extracted, removed any traces of Free.cable from addons and add_ons and manually installed Free.cable to addons. All good, DOOL, C.F. and SNL everything working.
Thanks for your efforts slices!, appreciate it.
Thanks moneymaker
Photoplay, could you explain where you removed any traces of free cable from. Was this from your existing install. Maybe a step by step indepth guide for us dummies on how to fix free cable. Thanks
NUC I3 Haswell with external 4TB HD, Windows 8.1
Onkyo TX-NR626 Receiver
LG 55" LCD
Cat 6 wired ethernet
Controlled with:
Logitech Harmony 880 remote
Lenovo N5902 remote keyboard/mouse
(2014-02-12, 14:51)mushoss Wrote: Photoplay, could you explain where you removed any traces of free cable from. Was this from your existing install. Maybe a step by step indepth guide for us dummies on how to fix free cable. Thanks

mushoss, I deleted the free.cable folders from the two locations mentioned in my post from my existing install then manually copied and pasted the free.cable folder I downloaded from the github into the addons folder. The location of those two folders will depend on what operating system your using. Side note; I by no means am suggesting what I did is/was a "fix" for Free Cable. It just fixed the particular problems "I" was having. YMMV.
(2014-02-12, 18:31)photoplay Wrote:
(2014-02-12, 14:51)mushoss Wrote: Photoplay, could you explain where you removed any traces of free cable from. Was this from your existing install. Maybe a step by step indepth guide for us dummies on how to fix free cable. Thanks

mushoss, I deleted the free.cable folders from the two locations mentioned in my post from my existing install then manually copied and pasted the free.cable folder I downloaded from the github into the addons folder. The location of those two folders will depend on what operating system your using. Side note; I by no means am suggesting what I did is/was a "fix" for Free Cable. It just fixed the particular problems "I" was having. YMMV.

Thanks again. I uninstalled both the Free Cable and Free Cable BETA addons from XBMC and then restarted XBMC. (I did check the addons folder in %APPDATA% and for any folders under Program Files but it showed nothing), then I reinstalled both addons and put settings.xml and nbc.py from github again, and other than being fairly slow, it actually works again Smile.
The script fails when adding a station to the FC Favorites list.
FC Version: 0.8.19
Raspberry Pi, running Openelec, Gotham Alpha-12 nightly as of Feb 10th.

It appears to be an internal inconsistency in FC, and not platform dependent, but I am not familiar enough with FC:

Code:
13:56:17 T:2701128784   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: _Info instance has no attribute 'mode'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.free.cable-beta/default.py", line 63, in <module>
                                                modes()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.free.cable-beta/default.py", line 44, in modes
                                                elif _common.args.mode == 'Masterlist':
                                            AttributeError: _Info instance has no attribute 'mode'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

_common is defined locally in resources/lib/_common.py in the FC plugin itself. I'm not sure if this is a Gotham API change or not, but a cursory examination of _common.py isn't showing a mode attribute anywhere in the _Info instance and certainly not in _common.args
Yep it's a Gotham API change, the common args are passed on the url. In this case in the add show code of _common. Problem is Gotham doesn't like double quotes in the url.

Checking in a fix now.
NBC, Days of Our Lives only showing episodes up to Friday February 7 and not showing current full episodes. Can I do anything to fix this. Thx.
Take a look at the urls it's accessing, should be in the log. I'll take a look when I have time.
(2014-02-13, 23:21)slices Wrote: Take a look at the urls it's accessing, should be in the log. I'll take a look when I have time.

As always, thanks slices; I'll wait to see what you find as I couldn't make heads or tails of the log but I think Days is pointing to http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives instead of http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/episodes or http://www.nbc.com/node/21936/episodes?f...t_id=21511 (current season 49). Changing the target_id= by -5 lowers season # ie. 21506=season 48 21501=season 47 21496-season 46 etc.

Update: opened show.db and it looks like DOOL is pointing to: http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives which may not be the correct link for all episodes as stated above. Tried editing the .db to one of the links above but didn't work.

When the non-Beta version was working, with DOOL you used to be able to select the season number then select episode. This can still be done on the website but this option is not available now in Free Cable. Thx again slices.
Hi there,
can someone take a look at my log and give me an advice if I've done any wrong setting up? It seems like I cannot get it works. I follow the page#1 and check all the info.

RaspberryPi
XBMC (12.2 Git:d1002b4), Platform: Linux (OpenELEC (official) - Version: 3.2.4, 3.10.20 armv6l). Built
Free Call: Author BlueCop - Version 0.7.8

The log:
http://pastebin.com/LdBQ9934

Thanks in advance.
(2014-02-14, 01:49)photoplay Wrote: As always, thanks slices; I'll wait to see what you find as I couldn't make heads or tails of the log but I think Days is pointing to http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives instead of http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/episodes or http://www.nbc.com/node/21936/episodes?f...t_id=21511 (current season 49). Changing the target_id= by -5 lowers season # ie. 21506=season 48 21501=season 47 21496-season 46 etc.

Update: opened show.db and it looks like DOOL is pointing to: http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives which may not be the correct link for all episodes as stated above. Tried editing the .db to one of the links above but didn't work.

When the non-Beta version was working, with DOOL you used to be able to select the season number then select episode. This can still be done on the website but this option is not available now in Free Cable. Thx again slices.

The show url is correct since that is the url of the show, and what the all shows page currently points to, the issue is the json api we currently use doesn't seem to be being updated. There seems to be a new api that is a closer match to the node structure on the website, its going to take some time to work out how to use it
(2014-02-14, 23:33)slices Wrote: The show url is correct since that is the url of the show, and what the all shows page currently points to, the issue is the json api we currently use doesn't seem to be being updated. There seems to be a new api that is a closer match to the node structure on the website, its going to take some time to work out how to use it

Appreciate you looking into it. I'll sit tight till further notice.
(2014-02-14, 08:13)qonlinet Wrote: Hi there,
can someone take a look at my log and give me an advice if I've done any wrong setting up? It seems like I cannot get it works. I follow the page#1 and check all the info.

RaspberryPi
XBMC (12.2 Git:d1002b4), Platform: Linux (OpenELEC (official) - Version: 3.2.4, 3.10.20 armv6l). Built
Free Call: Author BlueCop - Version 0.7.8

The log:
http://pastebin.com/LdBQ9934

Thanks in advance.

Anyone can you please help?
@qonlinet

Your log file is poor. Are you outside the u.s.?

You can try the beta version if you are. Set up to tunlr dns as connection type and subscribe on tunlr.net.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Free Cable - US station aggregator7