Windows ☆ Build #3
(2013-06-11, 23:43)eskro Wrote: thats great!

I'm thinking Steambox or madVR/SVP HTPC. I have a 150W AC adapter for it too and it has a 180W internal DC powerboard. It's really a product of a lot of feedback -- the IR window, USB3 and no ODD.
(2013-06-11, 23:44)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2013-06-11, 23:43)eskro Wrote: thats great!

I'm thinking Steambox or madVR/SVP HTPC. I have a 150W AC adapter for it too and it has a 180W internal DC powerboard. It's really a product of a lot of feedback -- the IR window, USB3 and no ODD.

would love to see what your steambox can do as I've been considering a 2nd build specifically for gaming and hoping to find something that doesn't break the bank. As long as its capable of good frame rates at 1080p on the newest games you should have a winner.
Gaming is unfortunately something I don't know a lot about. I have a low-profile HD6670 video card and I paired it with a i3-2120T and tried some demo games on Steam. It seemed to play nicely but I wouldn't know if something were good or bad in that respect. There is also a low-profile HD7750 card but that's about as powerful as it goes in low-profile.
(2013-06-11, 23:39)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2013-06-11, 23:11)eskro Wrote: which version exactly Doug?

Wow, this way I would have wanted my case to be last November Smile
I never cared about the ODD-Slot, and I bought an usb-extension to get usb3.0 to the front...kind of ugly :/
Only thing missing for me would be additional holes in the top cover for large top-blow-cooler.
There was really a big difference in temperatures after my modification.

What IR-receiver will you be using with your barebones? Simerec PCS-1?
(2013-06-12, 19:27)solidsatras Wrote: Wow, this way I would have wanted my case to be last November Smile
I never cared about the ODD-Slot, and I bought an usb-extension to get usb3.0 to the front...kind of ugly :/
Only thing missing for me would be additional holes in the top cover for large top-blow-cooler.
There was really a big difference in temperatures after my modification.

What IR-receiver will you be using with your barebones? Simerec PCS-1?

That's how I wanted it too but it took me over a year to convince them to do a small run for me. Likely, they will not do it again unless I buy way more than a hobbyist/nano-biz like me is capable of.

I am still working on the IR receiver. For now they don't ship with one but I do have some plans...
Hi guys,

First of all, thank you eskro for presenting these possible builds. I just bought all the parts for this build (266 euros (VAT not included) in The Netherlands) and I'm going to assemble it tomorrow night, will report back with the progress and the result Smile
(2013-07-30, 15:52)sjaakbanaan Wrote: Hi guys,

First of all, thank you eskro for presenting these possible builds. I just bought all the parts for this build (266 euros (VAT not included) in The Netherlands) and I'm going to assemble it tomorrow night, will report back with the progress and the result Smile

Read my post here, I had some issues with the motherboard and the chip not working out of the box. But I found a workaround.
Thnx voor the headsup, but my bios came out of the box with v2.00 so no problems here Smile

Installation went pretty easy and everything runs very smooth! So I'm very happy with that! Only one downside; it's a noisy little bastard... it makes just as much (or maybe more) noise as my 5 year old desktop.

Any tips on this? I'm pretty sure a cooling element won't fit in this case..
I was thinking of going with this build but with this case

http://www.ecosmartpc.com/ei7nusb3.html

not sure whether to go with the 120w or 150w though. anyone have any suggestions?
Hello,

I want to build one, but the noise Sjaakbanaan mentioned is a downside for me. I looked at Dustybobs suggestion, but I can't buy that...

Does anyone have another, more quiet casing option/suggestion? I'm not too familiar with all the stuff, so don't want to make the mistake of buying the wrong one.
(2013-08-17, 20:02)dustybob Wrote: I was thinking of going with this build but with this case

http://www.ecosmartpc.com/ei7nusb3.html

not sure whether to go with the 120w or 150w though. anyone have any suggestions?

For the A6, the 120W AC adapter should be enough though the 150W would give you more headroom.

That version of the E-i7 is no longer available but this one is: http://www.ecosmartpc.com/ei7.html
(2013-06-09, 14:24)eskro Wrote: * FULL 3D 1080P Ready!!
* Bitstreams DOLBY TRUE-HD & DTS-HD MASTER!!
Hi eskro, can you or anybody else confirm that the Intel Pentium Processor G3420 is FULL 3D 1080P Ready? What about Bitstreams DOLBY TRUE-HD & DTS-HD MASTER?

THANKS A LOT!
(2014-06-04, 05:49)kwanbis Wrote: Intel Pentium Processor G3420

(2014-06-04, 05:49)kwanbis Wrote: FULL 3D 1080P Ready?

No. The thing to look for on Intel's ARK site for Full 3D support is "Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology" = Yes. If it's not shown or says no, then Full 3D is not supported. SBS and other HDMI 1.3 3D schemes however are supported.

http://ark.intel.com/products/77775/Inte...e-3_20-GHz

(2014-06-04, 05:49)kwanbis Wrote: What about Bitstreams DOLBY TRUE-HD & DTS-HD MASTER?

Yes, as long as there are no current driver bugs and all other things are equal, it's fully supported by the HDMI audio.
(2014-06-04, 15:23)Dougie Fresh Wrote: No. The thing to look for on Intel's ARK site for Full 3D support is "Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology" = Yes. If it's not shown or says no, then Full 3D is not supported. SBS and other HDMI 1.3 3D schemes however are supported.

http://ark.intel.com/products/77775/Inte...e-3_20-GHz
So according to your link, the G3420 does not do 3D.
"Full 3D" format aka Frame Packed is two 1920x1080 images (one per eye) per frame -- no the Celeron/Pentium CPUs do not support it. You need an i3 or better.

There is also Side-by-Side (SBS) 3D format which is two 540p image stacked or left/right which is support by anything capable of displaying a 1080p image,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows ☆ Build #30