extrafanart / fanart.jpg possible with un-scrapable artists? and logo.png issue
Hi,
I am currently going through my music collection and re-tagging and moving to folders using the structure below

MUSIC\ARTIST\Album\file.mp3
MUSIC\ARTIST\file.mp3 - for odd singles not on an album
MUSIC\ARTIST\EXTRAFANART\pic.jpg
MUSIC\ARTIST\fanart.jpg

The fanart and extrafanart is displayed for artists that are scraped (i.e those with the i icon to the right of in list view), but nothing shows for unscraped artists

I am using Aeon Nox and have the path to music library set
My share is SMB from a Windows Server

Also as a secondary issue I am unable to see any artist logos on my remote PC's but they work on XBMC on the machine that the music is stored on.

Could anyone help with either of these?
Debug log (wiki)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
My log file is at http://pastebin.com/gnt24em3

Having a look through for the logo.png I see CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://*****@/192.168.1.100/f$/Audio/All American Rejects\logo.png - not sure what this means though....
I have done a little testing and playing around with things and folder structure - I have now found that fanart.jpg doesnt work for unscraped artists - can this be sorted with artist.nfo so that I have fanart.jpg when browsing the artist structure?

The extrafanart now works for all - it was a user error on my part!

The logo issue I haven't yet found a solution for.
Have you tried going to the artist menu, then calling up artist info from the context menu for one of your artists, then selecting refresh from the artist info screen?
The artists in question aren't scrapable as they are tracks by local bands and self produced ones, is there a way to show fanart.jpg and extrafanart for these kinds of artists?
It should be working with the files placed as you described above, however you may have to refresh the info from within the XBMC artist info screen as a final step.

Otherwise, you could include the fanart path/file in the artist.nfo in the artist folder. Or assign it manually from the artist menu. If XBMC lets you get to the artist info GUI screen for those artists, you can assign fanart & thubmnail there (not extrafanart). If you get stuck at the 'enter artist' keyboard screen, then you need to do a workaround such as this.
Thanks whitebelly - looks like I have a nice job on my hands over the weekend! Smile

Does the method you posted work for mysql database? Is the copy in the userdata folder a synced copy and can I use that?

Any ideas on my logo issue? this isnt showing on all machines, only on the one that holds the media.
I can't say what happens when a mysql database is involved. I would think that importing would work regardless. You can try importing the xml file for just a single artist and see what happens. I assume the userdata db is synced with mysql, but I don't use that method so its just a guess.

On the logo issue, I assume you mean thumbnail. Try the artist info screen for starters and see if the thumbnail appears.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
extrafanart / fanart.jpg possible with un-scrapable artists? and logo.png issue0