XBMC & remote library sync
(2013-06-17, 02:09)crypticknight Wrote: Yeah I'd like to make it where Host A replicates to HostB, HostB to Host C, Host C has 2 independent xbmc's (ones a raspberry pi other a mac mini) setup over a long range wifi (1 network 2 houses lol) and then Let Host C send to a future Host D that i'm working on now.

When i visit family i spend more time updating machines than I do visiting haaha.

This should all be possible with rsync pulls from A to B, and then pull from B to C etc. The same script should work on each host, just change the source. Unless you have static IPs at each site, you probably want to look into getting a dynamic dns entry for each site.

I have a remote NAS (FreeNAS) that automatically runs an rsync script to pull new media updates from my "home" FreeNAS server, and connected to the remote NAS is a Pi running OpenELEC with /storage mounted over NFS and MySQL media library (which is also accessed by a Revo 3700 with OpenELEC).

When the rsync job has finished, if any new items have been synced the NAS will initiate a video library scan on the Pi, followed by an Artwork Downloader scan (for both movies and tv shows), and finally ensure that all artwork is correctly cached on the Pi - this final step could also be performed on the Revo but it's not always guaranteed to be switched on.

I'm als able to remote into the NAS and perform various XBMC maintenance tasks directly from the NAS, such as identifying any movies or tvshows with missing plots or artwork and having them automatically re-scanned (assuming the missing plots/artwork and other items have now been added) - all using JSON queries run against the Pi.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
XBMC & remote library sync - by crypticknight - 2013-06-16, 04:34
RE: XBMC & remote library sync - by nickr - 2013-06-16, 07:29
RE: XBMC & remote library sync - by Ned Scott - 2013-06-16, 07:58
RE: XBMC & remote library sync - by nickr - 2013-06-16, 08:04
RE: XBMC & remote library sync - by nickr - 2013-06-16, 21:51
RE: XBMC & remote library sync - by Kib - 2013-06-16, 22:59
RE: XBMC & remote library sync - by nickr - 2013-06-17, 01:56
RE: XBMC & remote library sync - by Milhouse - 2013-06-17, 03:25
RE: XBMC & remote library sync - by Kib - 2013-06-17, 10:23
RE: XBMC & remote library sync - by nickr - 2013-06-17, 03:16
RE: XBMC & remote library sync - by nickr - 2013-06-17, 04:50