Multiplier effect to skip forward / back (cursor) keys
FWIW, I use -10/+30 secs for left/right for this reason, and believe that should be the default behavior.
(2013-12-19, 13:55)da-anda Wrote: it has to be compatible with remote controls, so a modifier is IMO a no go. Also having "up" react differently depending on context as we have it now (big jump, chapter, channel up) is even more awkward than the proposed incremental/logarithmic skipping, which would unify seeking for all video sources (left/right = seeking, up/down = chapter or channel). And you get used to it really fast - I don't want to miss it anymore and thus hate seeking in XBMC. To me it's ridicioulus to need 6 buttons to have 3 skip sizes in both directions (small step forward/back, step forward/back, big step forward/back) while it could be done with 2.

Using it will always be optional, but I suggest to make it default in keymaps (once this features is getting added).

But does it? Does it really need to be compatible with remote controls?
I'm not proposing changing the existing settings, simply adding a multiplier to those settings, an "ALT-FIRE" mode if you will, the normal remote users simply don't know about those finer grained movements allowed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiplier effect to skip forward / back (cursor) keys1