iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo
(2014-05-20, 12:52)Memphiz Wrote: Enable airtunes debug logging (advancedsettings.xml) and post a debug log (wiki) so i can see whats going on there.
Ok, looks like it's not an airtunes problem at all. Smile

With a clean XBMC user folder I can't reproduce the problem at all.

With the XBMC user folder which is experiencing the issue I checked the debug log with the extra airtunes debugging enabled and there is absolutely nothing wrong there - as far as the log is concerned the airtunes session is working fine. I did see errors relating to the CU LRC Lyrics addon though.

So on a hunch I investigated this further, knowing that CU LRC Lyrics also causes problems with the audio stopping on the Spotify add-on. Sure enough, if I added CU LRC Lyrics to my clean XBMC install and enabled it the problem occurred, and removing it from my normal install fixed it.

I can only seem to reproduce the problem with CU LRC Lyrics installed and the Amber skin - with Confluence I can't reproduce it. So I'm not sure if its a bug in Amber or a bug in CU LRC Lyrics, maybe it affects some other skins as well. (Or perhaps its a bug in the core XBMC unrelated to airtunes, since I wouldn't have thought that a lyrics addon should be able to cause audio playback from both the spotify addon and airtunes to fail silently)

Bit of a pain really when some skins including Aeon MQ5 install CU LRC Lyrics automatically and it can't be removed without first removing those dependant skins. Every now and then I like to play with different skins including Aeon MQ5 and I forget that they install a crapload of add-ons that I don't want...

Sorry for the false alarm. Wink
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.

Messages In This Thread
RE: iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo - by DBMandrake - 2014-05-20, 16:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo2