• 22(current)
Release Xbox One Skin
@grote345 : Alright then i may have a solution for the gamertag script i think i may have fixed the problem now , i should hopefully be uploading an update tomorrow! and Thanks Smile
@senna99 : Hello senna99, Alright then i am not very good with python but i will take a look in to it when i get home. Also i may have another solution for downloading images. I have recently been testing out something called wget. This allows you to download all images from any website and then save them to whichever folder you like. I have recently been testing this script out with my skin and it seems to be working okay. I have created a Program plugin called Wget that includes the Wget.exe and dlls and then launched it with python - then all images are saved in to appdata\plugin.program.wget\. It all seems to be working alright but the only problem is that anyone on a different platform to windows or linux then this script will fail and all the images will only get updated when the website is updated - which is sort of a problem if the website is not updated frequently. Anyway i will take a look in to wget on different platforms & i will also upload the plugin when i get back so you can take a look at it if you want. I might be including this in to the next update of my skin but it will be optional in the settings as some people may experience problems.
@empirewar : What version of XBMC are you running ? because i have found a little problem where XBMC will crash on Gotham when opening the context menu. I am not sure why at the moment but i am looking in to it and will try to create a fix asap. Also i will download plugin.video.polishtv.live when i get home and test it out.
@grote345 : That's great!
@grote345 : I have recently added an option in to the settings where you can toggle what bing searches - it can now either search your local library or youtube. The settings can be changed for the search on Charms bar, Dashboard and the bing plugin.

I will shortly be uploading an update will quite a few nice features!
here are some of them :

New friends section - using the gamertag script. You can add your own xbox friends and it will show them on your friends list!
New activity section - using the gamertag script. This section shows your name, gamerscore, activity, achievements ect. Also includes a new feature where you can toggle online/offline - this will turn all notifications on or off.
Completely changed around the Xbox Video section - this advertises all the latest movies & tv shows and now has a proper collection section that includes your tv library, movie library, pins, search, trakt.tv ect.
Added a much better way to access your library, you can now go to the Xbox video collection section, you can go to your tv&movies section and click on the collection button, or you can access your library from the charms bar.
Completely changed the achievements section - this now lists your recent achievements, % complete, gamerscore out of available gamerscore ect.
Fixed the snap feature and the animation
Fixed the trakt.tv section - changed the trailer button to the movie info
Added a little icon at bottom right of the dashboard next to the clock that will show up if your internet is disconnected there is also another icon that will pop up if you have an alarm enabled - if you don't want this feature then it can be disabled in the settings.
Updated animations
Cleaned unused code
Cleaned some unused textures
Fixed pins section
Added optional adverts - you can now pick what adverts you want on the dashboard e.g. you could have a new tv show on tile 1, a game on tile 2 and the new bing on tile 3. (You can pick between tv shows, movies, bing and games) - more will be added soon!
Added an optional games plugin - this will download game advertisements every day.
Improved some of the sounds
Added a new optional snap feature using python and autoit. - This little script will take a screenshot of your screen just before the charms bar opens and will snap it to the dashboard. Instead of showing a little icon of what you were last on on the dashboard you can now have a proper screen shot of what you were on . This is still a work in progress so you may experience problems, if so you can disable it in the settings.

I cannot upload any screenshots at the moment because i am out but i will be uploading some images in a few hours or so.

The download for the update should hopefully be uploaded later today or early tomorrow!

Also in the next update i will be working on colored tiles options, dashboard spacing, avatar section, help section and more Smile

I have also changed the library views a little and added a load of nice gamer pics! I will try to add some optional views to the skin aswell.
Hello toyota12303

This will be an excellent update.
About wget,I know about that but I not find solutions for use on different platforms.
It is currently a problem for me, I use windows 8.1 on his excellent work snap apps from xbmc,
but on windows 7 I have a problem. I have to use portable applications, I do not know I'm not so good programmer.
I think, that I will my skin be directed more to windows 8,anyway I think that the Xbox uses a kernel from windows 8.

Best Regards
@senna99 :
Hello senna99,
Thanks!
I haven't found a solution for that yet either but wget does run on Windows, Linux and apple tv. I'd just have to find out a way of the python script to detect the platform and then run different scripts for each platforms. I think that using System.Platform.Linux, System.Platform.Windows ect. should work out but i haven't tested this out yet i will try it out later.And yeah the Xbox One is running a tweaked version of the Windows 8 Kernel v6.2.10217.0. Windows 8 is running v6.2.9200 and 8.1 is running v6.3.9600.

I will be uploading the update in about half hour i have also added some new gamerpics - there's around 100 in total now,
added a load of new options in the settings - there's around 200 options now!
Also i've added an option to add your own custom apps in to the games & apps section now - there's only 4 at the moment but i will be adding more soon.
On this section you select a name, set the exe location and then set a image for the app. Then it will show up in the games & apps section.
I have also added a kinect option in the devices section - this only appears when you are running windows and it will launch the voice control app for windows. With this you can control XBMC with your voice.
I have also changed around some of the settings so they don't show up on incompatible platforms - some may still show up as i haven't had a proper look through them all.
I have also updated the Snap feature so it will now adjust itself to snap items in the right resolution - e.g. if you are running 720p then it will take a screen shot in 720p resolution.

I will also upload the XBL friends service
This can be set up from the XBMC store, you just go to services - XBL friends and type in your gamertag & tick run.
Once this is enabled then you will receive notifications of when your xbox friends come online!
This is optional and isn't needed buy the skin but it does add to the experience!

Also senna99 is it alright if i include your Bing script in with my skin ? as i have been testing it out recently and it works beautifully!

Best Regards
Hello toyota12303

Yes of course,you can use Bing script. The most important is to improve xbmc with good skins.
And I sometimes look at your codes in .xml,I wonder how you solved the snap apps,because it only works for me
on windows 8 with .ahk hotkey after I converted into .exe then started with python from xbmc.
This way you can really put a lot of work on skin,my respect.
Best Regards
Hello senna99,
Thanks!
I have had a little look through some of yours aswell, how did you get the pins animation working nicely ?
I have tried to do this with mine before and could not get it to work properly.
And do you mean snapping the media on the right ? or snapping a screenshot of what's currently open ?

with snapping the video i just used the charms bar to activate a window and toggle a setting and then created a <include> with all of its contents and put it
at the bottom of each window. Then when the window isn't active then the include is. then it can be unsnapped from the charms bar by closing the window and
disabling the setting.

For snapping a screenshot of what's open i used autoit to create a set of scripts and then compiled them in to an exe and then used python to launch them.

Here is the source code of some of the exe's i have created if you would like to have a look at them.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yuhbwm.../Files.zip

All of it it compiled and tested with autoit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then to launch all of this and snap the item to the dashboard i've used :

<onclick>Dialog.Close(55)</onclick>

<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(snapie) + !Window.IsVisible(0) + Skin.HasSetting(SnapFeature)">Skin.ToggleSetting(snapie)</onclick>
<onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(gaming) + !Window.IsVisible(0) + Skin.HasSetting(SnapFeature)">Skin.ToggleSetting(gaming)</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Window.IsVisible(0) + Skin.HasSetting(SnapFeature)">SetProperty(snap,C:\Assistance\Snap\Pic\Item.jpg,0)</onclick>
<onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(SnapFeature) + !Window.IsVisible(0)">AlarmClock(startsnap,RunScript(special://skin/system/Snap.py),00:01,silent)</onclick>

<onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(SnapFeature)">AlarmClock(startapp,ActivateWindow(0),00:02,silent)</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(SnapFeature)">ActivateWindow(0)</onclick>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is on the charms bar home button
This will close the charms bar, take a screenshot, snap it to the dashboard and then return to the dashboard.

but to display it there you would need an image with :

$INFO[Window.Property(snap)]

Best Regards

I have just uploaded the update all of the download links have been updated on page 1 - make sure that you run the setup in the settings
as this will enable the new features. Just go to skin settings then uncheck to run setup on next boot.
Hello toyota12303

I just download the skin,I can not wait to test.And I think the right snap apps,I want to say that I'm calling outside programs from xbmc.Because there is no way to work two videos or music at the same time ,as you know.
So for me snap application is not something specially,otherwise it is hard to keep track of two different things.
But it is a great challenge for me.

50 more seconds for download complete.

Best Regards
hey8 great I found my movies and tv shpows !
I welcome this update!
two questions: how come when i click on game it opens parameter of advanced launcher but not advance launcher ?
and do you intend to make home tile customizable with whatever we want and if so when ?
it would be very cool!
anyway thanks this skin climb back to my interest
cheers
@senna99 :
Hello senna99,
Yeah i know what you mean, I have just added the option to snap the currently playing video or song to the right of the screen, so then you can be anywhere in
the skin and still watch your media without it playing up.

Best Regards

@bakito :
Hey Thanks I'm glad you like it!
Sorry but i am not sure what you mean by "it opens parameter of advanced launcher" could you take a screenshot of it or something ?
Do you mean that it goes straight to your default folder and not the root ?
If so then i could upload a small update now that will fix that.
And yeah i will be making the bottom row of tiles under the main tile on the dashboard customizable, it should be added in to the next update. Along with coloured tiles and different view
options.
You can also currently customize the pins & adverts on the dashboard from the settings as well.
That's great to hear!
Cheers

Also here is a little fix that will stop everyone from getting errors on the games section :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i7us3e...Update.zip
This will also fix the link to advanced launcher!

(Just extract to the skins 720p folder)
Hi toyota,

The skin doesn't work for me anymore.
This happened with the update before this one, and it's still the same.
I have nothing on the home screen, and when starting XBMC a got and error that there was a problem with bing.py
I'm not sure that the bing.py is the problem for the empty home screen, as I recall that before this update I wasn't getting that error and the home screen was still empty.

I'm using XBMC v12.3 Frodo on Linux.

Here is a screenshot from right after starting XBMC:

Hi urhuriel,

The reason that it is showing up like that is because the setup has not been run, you will need to open up the charms bar and go to settings, then uncheck where it says run setup on next boot.
This will enable all the new features ect.
If you can not access the charms bar then you will need to find your keymap file (xbmc\system\keymaps\) edit keyboard.xml
then find where it says <m>ActivateWindow(PlayerControls)</m> and change this to <m>ActivateWindow(55)</m>
Then you can use m on your keyboard to access the charms bar.

And the bing.py error i will upload a fix for that in 2 minuites the reason it is showing an error is because you are running OSX but i will change is so it will not run if it's on an uncompatable platform.

This update should fix your problems

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mxegzm...te_Fix.zip
Hello toyota12303

Sorry I forgot to tell you how to works pin,you can just copy my section PINS in dashboard xml
I do not know how many hours I've lost ,to find a solution.but is simply :The first position is group <posx>380</posx>
for favourite 19,20,21, second position is group <posx>380</posx> for favourite 16,17,18 and all other groups
have the same position.So if you look you'll see what I mean.let me know if there's a problem.
In your skin I have a problem with store/apps ,I get only part of the screen my cpu and memory is ok,
so I do not know what the problem is, here is screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/2dVGJQw.png

Best Regards
Hello toyota12303,

Thanks i will give that a go in a minuite!
And for the store section i don't have a clue why it would be doing that as i have tested it on here and it's all working fine.
Anyway i will re-pack the textures and upload them again as there may be a problem somewhere in there.

Best Regards
Hi Toyota I must say YOU ROCK the skins is great I really like it but I did notice there was in the previous I mean not skin before this one but the one before that there was an option in the settings part custom program addon for live tv do you still have that script ? and are still going to change something in the xbox music view to make it more like xbox video view and when can we expect custom colored tiles ??

Keep up the good work !!! respect dude Smile
Hi grote345,
Thanks! I'm glad you like it!

I start uploading another update in about half hour that will add the option to set a program addon for live tv, will include the recent fixes that i have found and i am also re-packing the textures as senna99 experienced a problem with the store and it looks like it may be texture-related.
And yeah i will be completely changing around the xbox music section soon but i am not too sure on how i want it looking yet. I will try and add it in to the next update (after this one).
And also i will start working on the coloured tiles after this update has been uploaded and will hopefully try to add it in to the next update!
Thanks man! Smile
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Skin25