• 29(current)
Release Xbox One Skin
Giving it a shot
vingers crossed does it work ?
That did the trick. Very weird... I've downloaded and installed the skin and update from the first post, so unless these files are missing from the links, I don't know what else could have happened. Toyota - you sure you have the latest and greatest on the original post download links?

I did see something was missing in your skinsettings xml.
Was that it or do you have more problems ?
Nope that did the trick for me for now. Still wonder why I didn't have the latest version. Wondering what else I'm missing from my skin now lol
I am glad it works now Smile

@Toyota how is the update coming along ?
@grote345 : I am uploading the new update for the skin now. It should be online in half hour or so.
And as for the tiles in the store sections, i have changed all of them (the colours) and the friends section - so now they all have your choice of colour.
Also the xbox video section tiles have been changed around a little - in the collection section.
Thanks! And i think that the textures are now around 300mb, but i hope to get them a lot smaller soon.

@bakito : Did you run the setup from the skin settings ? As this enables a lot of new features and may fix your problem.

@ADHDMedia : I think i know what the problem was first i uploaded an update and there was a little problem with it (but it had the new skin settings) so i re uploaded another one with a fix but this had missing settings for some reason. You must have downloaded the latest one and grote345 must have the other one. Anyway i am uploading a the latest update for the skin now and this includes all the new settings and features.

In this latest update it has :
Removed old pins
Changed pins order - they now start right to left (like xbox)
Added pins fallback - if you have no pins then it will list video apps, music apps and games.
Added pins texture fallback e.g. if you pin something that is a small icon and not a full size image then it will have your choice of colour in the background.
Fixed skin settings
Changed friends section colours
Changed all store section colours
Fixed views sections - and the button bug
Completely changed the games & apps section - this now has how much mb you have free on your current HDD and the % on how much you have free. Also has a currently installing section but this isn't completely working yet so i've made it say nothing is installing.

Here are a few pictures showing how it's looking now :

Awesome! Thanks again bro, absolutely love the skin. I feel like this is more than equivalent to having an actual XBox One if you have a powerful enough machine and enough games and apps (like I do haha).
Now I'm just being picky… but one thing that I think could fixed is the main tile on dashboard after you load a game with advanced launcher.

If you go to the 'Info' tab and then choose 'Launch Game', when you come back to the dashboard after playing the game you have a nice fan art in the main tile from the game you launched. However, if you just choose the game by clicking on the tile, without going into the 'Info' tab, it doesn't show you that fan art.

Is this possible to fix for the update?
Hahah Thanks!

And as for the game section this can't be done from the skin as XBMC manages what happens what you click anything in your library from your keymaps. I've tried to do this myself many times and can't get it to work at all, that's why i've put those buttons there.

If you edit the enter button inside the kaymap xml for the programs section then it should work e.g.
<MyPrograms>
<keyboard>
<enter>ActivateWindow(1122)</enter>
</keyboard>
</MyPrograms>

if you paste this in to your programs section in your keyboard keymap then it should work. But i have tried this out on mine and can't get it to do anything.

Which device are you using to control XBMC ?
Because i've tried the same thing with an Xbox 360 Controller and it all works fine.
I'm using a wireless 360 controller. So if I go in and change the keymap, it will only effect the button for those sections, correct?

Because you can't get to those info buttons on views with two rows. You can only go to info from the top row, obviously because the info button is above the rows [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Toyota is the update already uploaded ?
ADHDMedia : Yeah i see what you mean and yeah it should work fine with a controller it's a little different to the code i put above. Instead you will need to find the <MyPrograms> section and below the controller name you will need to paste :

<button id="1">ActivateWindow(1122)</button>

And now when you go in to the games section and press A then it should open up the info window for that game.

Or there is a copy of my Xbox Controller Keymap on the first page that i have just updated, this one should work for all types of Xbox Controllers.

And grote345 the update has just been uploaded and the links on the first page have just been updated.
Thanks i am downloading now Smile
(2014-03-25, 02:08)toyota12303 Wrote: ADHDMedia : Yeah i see what you mean and yeah it should work fine with a controller it's a little different to the code i put above. Instead you will need to find the <MyPrograms> section and below the controller name you will need to paste :

<button id="1">ActivateWindow(1122)</button>

And now when you go in to the games section and press A then it should open up the info window for that game.

Or there is a copy of my Xbox Controller Keymap on the first page that i have just updated, this one should work for all types of Xbox Controllers.

And grote345 the update has just been uploaded and the links on the first page have just been updated.

You're awesome bro!
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Skin25