NFO Files and File Naming
Ok, I've tried your suggestions. I tried the simple tvshow.nfo file containing just the TVDB id. The scraper wouldn't pick up the show at all. With my old tvshow.nfo the show appeared in my list of TV shows along with its poster and fanart. With just the id it wouldn't show up at all. Commenting out everything but the title and id in my tvshow.nfo file meant the show was picked up by the scraper. The only way I could get the episodes to be picked up was by renaming them to conform to the naming convention. Do you happen to know of a good renaming tool? My Doctor Who (2005) set of episodes is pretty long to fix by hand, but I don't want to just rename them to the TVDB series format.

A related question. When I go into Videos from the main menu and select Files and then TV Shows I find that all of the shows that appear in my list of TV Shows but with no episodes all have check marks beside them in this view. Does anyone know what that means?

I really don't want to make drastic changes to my file names or NFO files as I'm still currently running Boxee for my main viewing area. I'm just testing XBMC. If I do adopt XBMC I'd still like to use Boxee in a secondary viewing area.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
NFO Files and File Naming - by applebyter - 2013-06-25, 14:55
RE: NFO Files and File Naming - by Kib - 2013-06-25, 20:35
RE: NFO Files and File Naming - by applebyter - 2013-06-27, 08:35
RE: NFO Files and File Naming - by Kib - 2013-06-27, 09:06
RE: NFO Files and File Naming - by applebyter - 2013-06-27, 09:42
RE: NFO Files and File Naming - by applebyter - 2013-06-27, 13:19
RE: NFO Files and File Naming - by Kib - 2013-06-27, 14:55
RE: NFO Files and File Naming - by Powerhouse - 2013-06-28, 00:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFO Files and File Naming0