Compilation Album Sets?
Hi all,

For years I have managed to refer to the forum on many issues and with all your help managed to solve issues/pick up tips to make xbmc run like a dream. I just have one thing that I would like to do but cant seem to find an answer which perhaps means its not possible, but here goes.....

I have lots of compilation albums of which lots are annual releases e.g. "Now that's what I call music" (80ish albums), "Best ever" albums, "MOS annuals" etc....
I have them all correctly tagged and everything is working great but I was wondering if there is a way to group these specific collections together within the compilations library in the same way movie sets are organised.

I don't mind how this is achieved, be it script, add on or simply re-working the tags......I will be grateful for any help or idea`s.

I am running Eden v11.0 & Transparency!v4.0.5 on Win XP & WIN7.

Thanks
Do you have the Compilation tag selected for all tracks that make up the album? If so then they should appear under a Compilation node in the Music Library.
Actually reading again I may have misunderstood, do you want something like:

Compilation node
-> Now That's What I Call Music Collection
----> Now That's What I Call Music 80
----> Now That's What I Call Music 81
----> Now That's What I Call Music 83
----> Now That's What I Call Music 84

If so then that's not possible with the way the music database currently works.
Ahh I`m so glad you replied a second time... I was trying to think how I could put it more clearly lol.
Yes that's exactly how I would like it to work, and thank you for confirming what I assumed was the case.

Maybe theres not enough call for it, but I think it would be a great addition...I remember seeing a suggestions thread some time ago, I may put it forward if I can find it again.

Thanks for your help mate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compilation Album Sets?0