• 54(current)
Support Thread for libstagefright
There is no frodo version, alpha 1 from 19 febr. is gotham. I am using it too. Xbmc 13.0-alpha1 git:20130219-32e99c7
(2013-06-22, 22:49)menno Wrote: @Koying

have you seen this already?

http://hwswbits.blogspot.fr/2013/06/full...anual.html

geeez, this is huge!
Philips 32PFL6606D
Intel N3150 fanless + 4Gb DDR3 + SSD 64Gb + 3TB+3TB WD RED
Hama MCE remote.
Ubuntu 18.04 minimal install + KODI
(2013-06-08, 13:07)Lipstickjuggler Wrote: Alpha4 is working great on my Ouya.

Only problem so far: When setting audio output to "HDMI" (to passthrough AC3 and DTS to my AV-receiver), I only get static noise at first. I always need to shut off my AV-receiver and turn it on again while the movie is already playing to get the proper sound (and not only static noise). When doing so (shutting off and powering on the AV-receiver) audio passthrough works flawlessly.

But it's very annoying and inconvenient to nearly get a sudden hearing loss in case I forgot to follow this procedure.

Any solutions to this problem??

Same issue here. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
(2013-06-24, 20:24)mp1434 Wrote: Same issue here. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
The Ouya hardware is not yet mapping multichannel passthrough correctly.

It's not related to libstagefright, but rather an Ouya issue that'll require a firmware update.

The best thing to do is file a support ticket with Ouya and tell them you want the feature: https://support.ouya.tv/requests/new
(2013-06-24, 20:40)Alchete Wrote:
(2013-06-24, 20:24)mp1434 Wrote: Same issue here. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
The Ouya hardware is not yet mapping multichannel passthrough correctly.

It's not related to libstagefright, but rather an Ouya issue that'll require a firmware update.

The best thing to do is file a support ticket with Ouya and tell them you want the feature: https://support.ouya.tv/requests/new

I don't think that it is OUYA issue. AFAIK Android does not support more than 2 channels (stereo).
This is not the Android you might know Smile
(2013-06-20, 13:58)Djape Wrote:
(2013-06-19, 06:34)namecaps Wrote: @Koying - Please, Please! Update your build to Gotham Alpha5. All the plugin problems were fixed in this build...

I don't see Alpha5.

@Koying - Would changing from ICS to JB make a difference in libstagefright performance?
I am trying to understand if XBMC built with libestagefright simply calls Android libstagefright libraries or it does something more?

Thank you.
I believe this is what he was referring to http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk
I did not want to open a new thread. I liked to know what chipset is supportet with this libstagefright.
You have a beta version alpha 4 out, but i dont find information on main thread about what chipset you base this libstagefright HW on.
Can anyone recommend me a chipset that has the best playback performance at this moment in time.
Was looking soo much forward for ouya, i believed that will be the real deal breaker. but seems like XBMC not yet ready for ouya. Now every company start making their own fork, they just cant wait for xbmc to develop a final version. I cant imagine the pressure on XBMC Team to meet every chipset and device.

There is 3 major chipset out there, which i see most people are relating to, and fall under the low budget:

Amlogic
Rockchip
ALLWinner

I understand some of these are HW encoding possible, hence no libstagefright necessary? Please help suggesting.

For example the new RK3188 quad core chip, just available on the market now..which is properly the highest spec available on the 100USD budget? correct me if am wrong!.... anyone reviewed with the current alpha4 version ?

Please advice.
Pressure, what pressure ? Also, Amlogic is already a done deal without libstagefright. See CAMLCodec.cpp in mainline github.
Davilla, thanks for your reply.

Can you confirm that AML8726-MX is the latest amlogic chipset available right now and the AML8276-M8 is not yet available? Further that this chipset is a "done deal" which means it is not dependent on software encode ? or shall i go with Rockchip RK3188.

which one to go with:

Rockchip RK3188. vs AML8726-MX

Please elaborate, i am no techi, All i need is a chipset which works well on android as of today.
no AML8276-M8 till 4th quarter maybe. Don't know anything about Rockchip
(2013-06-26, 17:08)nero12 Wrote: which one to go with:

Rockchip RK3188. vs AML8726-MX

rk3188 minipc are still plagued by an annoying kernel bug that make them stutter when playing movies with fast-panning scenes, new 2.0 sdk should fix it but no minipc has still released any firmware based on the new skd.
I am not too familiar with the android operatin system, but I need to change the cache size for XBMC on ouya. A few of the files I am trying to play seem to fill up the cache and then play pretty choppy. I know about making the advancedsettings.xml file but just can't seem to find a way to get into the appropriate file on the ouya console. Anyway I could edit the apk before putting it on the console? Other suggestions?
(2013-06-27, 05:04)GCM707 Wrote: I am not too familiar with the android operatin system, but I need to change the cache size for XBMC on ouya. A few of the files I am trying to play seem to fill up the cache and then play pretty choppy. I know about making the advancedsettings.xml file but just can't seem to find a way to get into the appropriate file on the ouya console. Anyway I could edit the apk before putting it on the console? Other suggestions?

You also could push the advancedsettings.xml using adb into the directory. I think this is the easiest way Wink
Just do:
adb push ./advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/
(not 100% sure about the path.. I'm not at home so i just guessed ^^)

Hope this helps Smile
I downloaded the test corpus because I was having problems with one of my video files causing xbmc to asplode, I thought I'd go through it first
If I play the only vc1 sample, then play something else, then do anything else, I can usually cause a crash
Also, I added the log uploader addon, but it doesn't work. I was able to configure it but it won't launch and I get no error. So here's some logs.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/5804598/
http://paste.ubuntu.com/5804599/
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support Thread for libstagefright6