• 59(current)
Support Thread for libstagefright
I don't think the file has been deleted, See http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/
It was a Nightlies build.
Anyone else with rtmp issues on latest build?
If so, please point me with an official add on example, please. I tested with Arte and I see no issue myself.

Re YouTube, the add on seems broken (I cannot even start a video). Is this what we talk about?
no problems playing rtmp here Smile

but controller got hikups sometimes (when trying to do text inputs)
Hello,

My Ouya with Alpha 1 works great for movies

But when i play LiveTV, it crash ( immediately or after 15s )

Debug file : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=37656
I have sent u a plugin to test for live tv/stream through PM

Hope u get time to look into it. its not an isolated case, i have tested with 2 other dedicated live stream plugin also.

Great work Koying!!!!!
Send to me ?
No i sent pm to koying, so he can take a look at the live stream issue we face.
Hi!

First off: Great job, this makes my Ouya actually worth the money ^^

Second: I know Hi10p is not supported via hardware, so I get lots of artifacts in some animes (I at least think its because of 10bit). Is there any way to force software decoding or are the artifact because of software decoding? Just out of curiosity I recently saw a vid of a rockchip rk3188 decode h265 in software and they are about the same configuration cpu-wise, so is it possible or am I just dreaming?

If it helps I'm using http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk and it works better than the one linked in the wiki (as far as i can tell, except the fat that a lot of plugins are apparently broken - at least the popups said so ^^).

The anime I used for testing was one piece by yibis (anything recent should be 10bit), not gonna link them since I don't wanna get banned after my first posting.

Again keep up the good work, my rk3188 and tegra 3 work awesome, will test my a10 later if I find it again... always loose stuff, why do they build them so tiny...

greetings
schuschu

Edit: Damn, just read that my a10 will do me no good here.....
Software decoding on ARM won't help you with Hi10P. Not yet, at least. I don't think anything on the market can handle the raw CPU power that would be needed. Top-of-the-line ARM CPUs can barely handle h.264 1080 in software decoding, and I've only seen it done with overclocking. Hi10P adds more demands on top of that.

The best you can really hope for is using the High Profile h.264 decoder on Hi10P material and living with the artifacts, at least on an ARM/Android device.

Soon anime groups will jump on the H.265 bandwagon, and that will make the future less painful for ARM, since that will get support from hardware decoders (eventually).
Okay i figured out that rtmpe and rtmp links do indeed work with the latest built.

However Its the flash player stream links ....those Are the once that dont playback and just through u out.

Further youtube plugin is no longer supportet with this built....hope the respektive party Will fix that..however i guess that won't happen before a final built Sad

Anyone got a way to make YouTube work ?

This built seem a lot better and more stable than the others.
Wiki might have to be updated.
New version of YouTube plug in just came out
(2013-07-18, 20:55)nospamjl Wrote: New version of YouTube plug in just came out

did you test this on ouya ? when u say new version do you mean after i posted ? cause i see no updates
I have version 4.4.6
No, the new version 4.4.6 still gives the network error.

Also on a different note I think when installing Xbmc alpha 6 you need to run (not just install) alpha 1 first.

I got more drop backs to main screen when I installed without running
Nospamjl,

you might be right about the alpha 1 must be installed and run first. as i have friends complaining about keystroke not working on a fresh install, the alpha 6 version no longer has the following option:
Navigate to system -> system -> input device -> ENABLE: “Remote control send keyboard presses”

which makes it impossible to input text into xbmc using the native remote control. (according to friends).

I will do a complete factory reset today and update this thread,
(2013-07-19, 08:23)nero12 Wrote: Nospamjl,

you might be right about the alpha 1 must be installed and run first. as i have friends complaining about keystroke not working on a fresh install, the alpha 6 version no longer has the following option:
Navigate to system -> system -> input device -> ENABLE: “Remote control send keyboard presses”

which makes it impossible to input text into xbmc using the native remote control. (according to friends).

I will do a complete factory reset today and update this thread,

it has but you need to change your setting level
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support Thread for libstagefright6