• 76(current)
Support Thread for libstagefright
I am not a developer, i just believe instead of keep adding new features.....i rather like to see a simple user friendly xbmc.

Today not only the hardcore fans use xbmc... but the entire family in the house... and xbmc is becoming a main stream open source product. I believe success is not only about unique features.. but also about how u show it and how simple it is. I wish xbmc team would put more focus on this....in the near future. Their audience has changed since past 5 years. Its now much broader....Smile

Its just suggestions Martijn, i hope i have permission to give my point of view on what will make xbmc even greater open source product, hoping someone will pick up and make the small changes. Smile
This is getting far, very far, very very far from libstagefright...
(2013-08-30, 10:48)kanthan Wrote: Zoom will cut off the top and bottom. stretch is the closest you can get to 16:9 without picture getting cut off.

I hope the default can be changed to stretch 16:9 just like the remote input is enabled by default on xbmc for ouya version 12.2
I believe more users would prefere 16:9 than 4:3 even if its stretched.

Please do consider this, for better user experience.

Never, distorting the video content as the default would make me see red.
(2013-08-30, 10:48)kanthan Wrote: Zoom will cut off the top and bottom. stretch is the closest you can get to 16:9 without picture getting cut off.

I hope the default can be changed to stretch 16:9 just like the remote input is enabled by default on xbmc for ouya version 12.2

I would never what to see 4:3 stretched to 16:9. That is just sickening. Geez.
(2013-08-30, 10:48)kanthan Wrote: ...

Count me out.
I'd still prefer cropped 14:9 to stretched 16:9, but in the end I just keep 4:3.
I still remember early 16:9 TV which insisted on stretching. So ridiculous...
(2013-08-26, 04:16)Ned Scott Wrote: UPnP playback for some devices, like the HDHomeRun Prime, broke shortly after Frodo was released, and also showed up in v12.1 and v12.2, for all platforms. It has since been fixed since about alpha 5 or 6, I think. So the latest nightly builds should be good. Also, an eventual 12.3 release for all platforms is planned, and that will also have the fix, but I have no idea on the ETA for that.

Just finally got to your message. Okay I will check this out, thanks for the tip buddy!
I'm running the latest nightly build on a RK3066 device and noticed that the keyboard in the Add files source section doesn't work with an IR remote. Meaning I can not move the highlighted cursor on the keyboard to the desired selection. If I plug in an external pointing device (air mouse) it works. Actually once I'm in that screen I can not even exit. I can only enter numbers from the keypad on the remote.

Any help would be nice. Thank You in advance.
I just registered to be able to respond, I have been following this thead (and the now closed libstagefright development thread) for months.

I use an MK808B with Finless 1.7 ROM (android 4.1 which works better for me than 4.2, specially WiFi), libstagefright.so patch from the Rockchip developer and the advancedsettings.xml file to enable it. I use a recent XBMC nighty (see log link below) and found the following which has not been reported before; this behaviour has been present since the first version with the working libstagefright.so and every nighty I used since August 1st (used 7 or 8 different samples or so).

Playing a 1080p MKV movie works fine and smooth, when I press 'o' to see the diagnostics I see 0 drops. That is, for the first 30 minuts or so (although there are still some sporadic drops, especially when there are user actions). After this time I get interruptions where XBMC drops frames frequently.

My first thought was overheating, so I replaced the stock cooler whith a bigger copper cooler, in the end even added a small fan. Now the CPU stays really cool, but still the dropouts start at about 30 minutes. So now I'm suspecting it was not a heat problem at all and could be a software problem afterall.

Does this happen to others as well? The first 30 minutes it is just as it should be, no (or little) drops and smooth, so you can only reproduce it after watching 30 minutes at full HD.

This happend with all 1080p MKV movies I tried, so it is not an error in one specific film. The data is read over USB from an external disk, no network used. A 3 hour 1080p movie can be viewed completely using MX Player Pro, so the hardward has the potential to pull it off.

Playing 720p material in XBMC goes flawless.

I created debug logfiles. I made 2 runs.

First run started with 0 drops. After little than an hour I stopped playback and XBMC and made a copy of the logfile. By then over 1000 frames were droped, only a few in the first half hour but very frequently after that.

I quickly copied the log and started XBMC and the movie again with no reboot of the stick and very little time to cool down. The same pattern as the first run occurred (not immediatly or after a much shorter time, visibly it looked just like the first run!). I stopped when dropcount exceded 100, drops where now frequent again, by the time I hit stop it was already at 120 drops.

So this suggests it is indeed not a heat problem, a restart of XBMC again gives about 30 min of usable viewing time.

Logs:
Run 1: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=53316
Run 2: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=53320

As it is now, I can't watch a full 1080p movie using XBMC.
I had the same problem with some of the latest builds. But it was buffer related.
For some reason the memory cache would fill up and the drop frames would start until the point the movie was completely unwatchable and eventually stop.
I guess in 720p and SD content the file size is not big enough the fill the entire memory stick so it runs without any problems.
Try and limit the cache memory size and see if the drop frames start earlier than before. You can do so by adding a line to advancedsettings.xml
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>20971520</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
This was how I tested it (Maximum of 20MB), but I only have streaming content not sure if this works with External USB storage.

Hope It Helps
I got the same thing going on, on a minix X5, but it was introduced since more or less 2 weeks ago. Try a nightly of let's say 8th of August orso. You wont see that strange effect. A simple stop, and resume solves it though Smile. I get it on both 720p and 1080p and also after 30 min or maybe 40.
(2013-09-02, 19:26)menno Wrote: I got the same thing going on, on a minix X5, but it was introduced since more or less 2 weeks ago. Try a nightly of let's say 8th of August orso. You wont see that strange effect. A simple stop, and resume solves it though Smile. I get it on both 720p and 1080p and also after 30 min or maybe 40.

Does the keyboard in the "Add files source" section work with an IR remote on your X5?
no it doesnt, I use the xbmc android app for that Smile
For the on screen keyboard problem try changing settings>system>input devices>Remote control sends keyboard presses if it's on turn it off, if it's off turn it on
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-09-02, 07:57)pmoreira1 Wrote: Try and limit the cache memory size and see if the drop frames start earlier than before. You can do so by adding a line to advancedsettings.xml
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>20971520</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
I will try it, but do not have much hope it will help because this is a network setting and I do not use any network in this case. I'll report back if it helped (can take a while because it takes a half hour to reproduce so I must find time to do it...).

(2013-09-02, 19:26)menno Wrote: I got the same thing going on, on a minix X5, but it was introduced since more or less 2 weeks ago. Try a nightly of let's say 8th of August orso.
Well, I had this ever since test build "xbmc-20130714-6ec63cd-adddroidlibstagefright-armeabi-v7a.apk", which was the first reasonably working libstagefright version (before that you either needed the Frodo "xbmc-20130219-32e99c7-android-hwaccel-armeabi-v7a.apk" or use an external player). I'll have to try again with a 720p movie but I have not seen the problem with those (unless I got lucky and didn't view those at once, but I doubt that).
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support Thread for libstagefright6