• 90(current)
Support Thread for libstagefright
Audio plays with no video (its the black background) -- when audio stops XBMC is frozen. I saw a similar issue using the nightlies without the amplayer/amcodec built in.
(2014-01-20, 22:54)micahg Wrote: Audio plays with no video (its the black background) -- when audio stops XBMC is frozen. I saw a similar issue using the nightlies without the amplayer/amcodec built in.

I'm having similar issues with XBMC running on CM11 on Nook HD+. Audio plays but video is blank/black background. What I further noticed is that a video will play perfectly with libstagefright hardware acceleration enabled, but after pressing stop and starting another video, that's when I get the blank/black background problem.
OK, I've disabled MediaCodec. Same result (black screen). Logs: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=113742
Well, your device doesn't want to decode your test file.
Have you tried different ones?
No I haven't. But the built in players do decode the file so the hardware is capable...

I'll find some other samples and give them a try.

Update: I tried another file (x264 encoded) and still the same result. The built in players and the ES player play fine but XBMC shows nothing. The vidon.me XBMC version also plays it, but not the nightlies. At this point I'm not sure what else I can do to determine where the problem is Sad

Thanks anyway
From the mediacodec thread, Koying said:

Koying Wrote:Re the player included in the box, it probably uses closed api we don't have access to.
If you try with MX player, try in "HW+" mode, which uses the same "standard" api as we do.

I gave the MX player a try. In HW mode it played big bug bunny, the final episode of homeland and the 720@60P video sample I have. Smooth!

XBMC could only play big buck bunny. I was shocked -- I didn't think it would play it at all.

Is there anything I can do to assist debugging or otherwise help to get this device working fully? I have built the XBMC APK before and I have a few (minor) patches accepted into the codebase.

Here are the logs showing big buck bunny working and homeland failing: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=114739
Hi

Anyone here know what version of xmbc to use with Sony xperia Tablet z , i'm on the latest nightly Pac-man rom

I have tried to disable Libstagefright and media codec and only have one of them on and with no great result one crashes or FC or the video is choppy, with no one selected all is in slowmotion with HD movies

I'm on the latest Nightly xbmc

Plz help
Hi, I need some help with XBMC running on my tablet.
  • Nook HD+ 32GB
  • CyanogenMod 11 (KitKat) as of Jan 18, 2014

My symptoms are:
  1. First video plays perfectly using libstagefright
  2. Second video only plays sound without the video stream (UI does not change to FullScreenVideo but audio starts playing)
  3. Closing XBMC and opening it again the second video will play perfectly using libstagefright
  4. MediaCodec doesn't work on this hardware and rom at all

Here is my Debug Log.
In the log, I performed the following steps:
  1. Start XBMC
  2. Turn on debug logging
  3. Start first video (Agents of SHIELD S01E05)
  4. Stop first video
  5. Start second video (Agents of SHIELD S01E12) which plays audio without video stream
  6. Stop second video
  7. Turn off debug logging
  8. Exit XBMC

I guess maybe something isn't being released when the video is stopped. I used different videos for first and second so you can find the location in the log more easily but stopping and starting the same video will give the same result. The video would play fine but after stopping and starting, only the audio will play.
Thanks for any help you can give me
(2013-08-11, 21:53)tinuz97 Wrote: Hi guys.
First of all i wanted to say i am a happy camper with xbmc!
I have it on my httpc ( i3 3225) and working great!
Also on my Asus tf300t the xbmc-20130219-32e99c7-android-hwaccel-armeabi-v7a.apk is working perfect with hw acceleration.

Only thing i noticed on my samsung galaxy s4 that it is not working on android 4.3 ge (google edition)
If i put version 4.2.2. android on the s4 back it is working 100% with hw accelaration.

Tryed diffent builds but no luck, i get sound etc but no video.
Is this a android 4.3 bug i guess?
Or am i doing something wrong?

Thx !
hi did you ever get this working i have a razr i and all i get is a green or pink screen did try add some xml file to make it use mx player with no luck ..and i have a nightly build ..ps phone is not rooted would this make a difference
why when i disable libstagefright and mediacodecs on video settings i can watch iptv "normal" Live tv,[/quote] but with it on i get artifects?
(2014-02-01, 10:56)tashkas Wrote: why when i disable libstagefright and mediacodecs on video settings i can watch iptv "normal" Live tv,
but with it on i get artifects?
[/quote]

same here
when libstagefright will work with live streams? and when xbmc will work stable with live streams? compared to windows xbmc android xbmc live streams delay 3-4sec why?
When will users start including xbmc.log info with their posts, WHY ? because we are not mind readers and cannot help you without knowing the DETAILS of your particular setup. Do you really think we have over 4,000 Android devices and are testing on all of them ?

So, keep this in mind, No details, then NO SOUP for you...
@Koying

Mr Koying, i have recently detected some weird behaviour while playing a set of files, mostly 720p bdrips, it is possible it's related to libstagefright, but i cant say for sure...

I have 2 philips ledtv... and a rk3188 tablet, both tvs display horizontal bands with discoloring, and i can see the bands changing every 1 second, as if a keyframe changed the bands somehow. Playing the same files in the tablet using hardware decoding, show the exact same bands, the same discoloring... the tablet does this if i use xbmc with hw decoding enabled, or MX player or internal player... if I switch to software decoding it plays perfect... as in my PC or xbmcbuntu.

this makes me think my philips tv and my tablet share something in common.. .maybe its ARM related, maybe its libstagefright?... i dont know for sure.

this problem happens with a lot of the files i have, all ripped in the same way, it does not happens with other files.

is it possible the files are not encoded according to x264 standards or in a weirder case, which i doubt, arm hw decoding has a bug, and this particular way of encoding those files triggers it ?

anyone else reported something similar ?

Juanjo
Philips 32PFL6606D
Intel N3150 fanless + 4Gb DDR3 + SSD 64Gb + 3TB+3TB WD RED
Hama MCE remote.
Ubuntu 18.04 minimal install + KODI
Any support for allwinner a10 hardware?
For example: playing HD movies with hardware acceleratio..
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support Thread for libstagefright6