• 27(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
Not sure what's going on.

It's like if mod_rewrite isn't enabled. What happens if you enter the src/ directory?
Enabled it just to make sure, when i go into there i get a "404 Not Found". The URL goes to */src/site/login
@cones create a file on the server named "phpinfo.php" and add the following in it:

Quote:<?php

echo phpinfo();

Browse to in and search the page for the word "rewrite". It should be there under "loaded Apache modules". If not then that's the problem.
Just to be on the safe side of the argument I installed Ubuntu Server 14.04 from scratch and applied the instructions from the README one by one. There was no issue.

@cones: can you paste the contents of /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf ?
"core mod_so mod_watchdog http_core mod_log_config mod_logio mod_version mod_unixd mod_access_compat mod_alias mod_auth_basic mod_authn_core mod_authn_file mod_authz_core mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_host mod_authz_user mod_autoindex mod_cgi mod_deflate mod_dir mod_env mod_expires mod_filter mod_mime prefork mod_negotiation mod_php5 mod_reqtimeout mod_rewrite mod_setenvif mod_status"

Got plenty of modules there.

I don't see any obvious spelling errors i made, syntax error maybe?
http://pastebin.com/7PMu5eTd

This is an upgrade from 13.04 server, it could very well be a messed up config file somewhere that changed from an upgrade but i don't think it is that.
Can you post the whole Apache config file (000-default.conf)?
Should be that link up there unless i posted the wrong one.
@cones: sorry, didn't see it. Can you try moving it back to /var/www/html (and change the DocumentRoot accordingly)? I suspect there are some other directives in apache2.conf that override what you have in 000-default.conf.
That doesn't seem to help anything when i do that. I will look more at it later today when i have more time for it.
I don't know what you've done to break this, no one else has described the same issue and I have no idea how to reproduce it. I suggest you remove Apache altogether (with the --purge option to also delete all configuration files), then remove /var/www, then follow the installation instructions again.
Sorry if this is dead obvious and im just being a idiot. But after setting this up it all works fine except i can only get very very few videos to stream, all MKV, AVI and other format films/tv program just try and download the file with an extended filename such as "-home-declan-Movies-Movies-2 Guns (2013)-2 Guns.mkv" I've got an mp4 file to stream, a few others just hang on loading. Is there something obvious im missing?
Press the watch button instead of download and open the playlist file in VLC or any other media player except WMP.
ah so its not possible to have in browser playback for most formats? well without using the transcoding branch?
Exactly.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9