• 7(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
(2013-08-06, 08:27)negge Wrote: It means it can't find the hostname "XBMC922". Try using the IP address of your XBMC box instead.
The XBMC instance is on my computer, and when I change the XBMC video server backend Hostname to the IP, I now receive an 'Unauthorized' error message. I don't understand...what is not allowing the connection...my computer, XBMC? Presently, I have my firewall turned off.

I also added '192... XBMC922' to my Hosts file, and I receive the same 'Unauthorized' message.
(2013-08-06, 14:55)cableghost Wrote:
(2013-08-06, 08:27)negge Wrote: It means it can't find the hostname "XBMC922". Try using the IP address of your XBMC box instead.
The XBMC instance is on my computer, and when I change the XBMC video server backend Hostname to the IP, I now receive an 'Unauthorized' error message. I don't understand...what is not allowing the connection...my computer, XBMC? Presently, I have my firewall turned off.

I also added '192... XBMC922' to my Hosts file, and I receive the same 'Unauthorized' message.

I suspect you edited the hosts file on the wrong computer if using the DNS name doesn't work but the IP address works, or the hosts entry points to the wrong address.

"Unauthorized" means XBMC doesn't accept your credentials. Make sure they are correct. Also try accessing the XBMC web interface from your browser to make sure it really is enabled and working.
(2013-08-06, 17:04)negge Wrote: Also try accessing the XBMC web interface from your browser to make sure it really is enabled and working.
Yeah, that's the issue...I can't establish a connection with XBMC web interface.

Although I have specified port 58051 in XBMC, I cannot connect. However, if I try http://localhost:58050/, I get the dialog asking for XBMC web interface credentials. When I attempt to enter credentials, they appear to be wrong. Also, the 'site' indicated is not the hostname I have given my instance of XBMC.

I have attempted to uninstall, reboot, clear temp and reinstall...same thing. Just to make certain the browser is not relaying connection of another networked XBMC device, I can't establish any connection should I close my PC instance of XBMC.

For some reason, my system has retained previous XBMC access info. I realize my problem is not video server related, though I would appreciate any direction here.
I'd suggest you manually edit guisettings.xml (it's somewhere in your AppData) with the correct settings, from there you'll see the port and credentials being used.

Regarding your hostname issue, you can check that your computer is able to locate your XBMC hostname by running "ping hostname" (obviously replace hostname with whatever you call your XBMC computer) from a command prompt. The reply should be from the IP address of the machine running XBMC, otherwise something is wrong.
My guess is, without a proxy set up, I will not be able to even connect to XBMC 13 web interface? If so, this is probably the issue, as I had not set up a proxy yet.

I was able to get XBMC video server connected to my G-box XBMC version, albeit a hacked 12 (Frodo). However, if I want to use my G-box as the XBMC video server to connect via Internet, I will need it updated to 13 and a proxy set up, correct?
You do not need to use a proxy location (if that's what you mean by proxy). What you do need though is upgrade to Gotham if you want to be able to stream your content instead of merely downloading it.
Hey and tnx for this little cool project!

Got all running on my win7 comp at home but i am doing something wrong when i try to access my library outside my lan.
The port is forwarded and using an dns
Cant figure out what im missing...how should the adress look like?
http://xbmc:xbmc@myhostname:8005/xbmc-video-server/src/

/O
(2013-08-07, 09:33)ontrose Wrote: Hey and tnx for this little cool project!

Got all running on my win7 comp at home but i am doing something wrong when i try to access my library outside my lan.
The port is forwarded and using an dns
Cant figure out what im missing...how should the adress look like?
http://xbmc:xbmc@myhostname:8005/xbmc-video-server/src/

/O

Assuming the following setup:

XBMC is running (on port 8080) on:
192.168.1.100 xbmc.example.com

XBMC Video Server is running (on port 80) on:
192.168.1.101 xbmc-video-server.example.com

You will have to forward port 8080 to 192.168.1.100:8080 and port 80 to 192.168.1.101:80. In XBMC Video Server you configure the backend as xbmc.example.com (port 8080). To access the video server from the Internet (outside your LAN) you browse to http://xbmc-video-server.example.com/xbm...server/src.
I just managed to install the software on my nas.
Everything looks great, movies are working fine, but I ran into the same problem as Ned Scott. I can't see any tv show episodes.
This is the error I'm getting:

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /volume1/web/xbmc-video-server/src/protected/views/tvShow/_episodes.php on line 27
(2013-08-07, 23:44)karlbofinger Wrote: I just managed to install the software on my nas.
Everything looks great, movies are working fine, but I ran into the same problem as Ned Scott. I can't see any tv show episodes.
This is the error I'm getting:

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /volume1/web/xbmc-video-server/src/protected/views/tvShow/_episodes.php on line 27

I just pushed a fix for this, run "git pull" inside the xbmc-video-server directory to get it.
That was fast! Thanks a lot, it's working now!!
(2013-08-08, 09:53)karlbofinger Wrote: That was fast! Thanks a lot, it's working now!!

Easy fixes are easy.
1. Does this requires XBMC to be running on the server?
2. I'm interested to access my files directly in a user friendly way without streaming, only direct downloading. Does this allow that? If not, is there any other solution which does that?

Thanks
(2013-08-13, 19:13)verysoftpaper Wrote: 1. Does this requires XBMC to be running on the server?

It has to be running somewhere, though not necessary on the same machine that runs the web server.

(2013-08-13, 19:13)verysoftpaper Wrote: 2. I'm interested to access my files directly in a user friendly way without streaming, only direct downloading. Does this allow that? If not, is there any other solution which does that?

Yes, there are download buttons for every movie/episode in addition to a streaming option.
PERFECT I WAS LOOKING FOR THIS SINCE A VERY LONG TIME THANKS A LOT MATE!!!!!
Im going to try it and give feedback on it. Thank you for your work in advance!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9