Win Live IRC help chat
I have a few issues and don't seem to be able to find help in the forums, even where the subject is covered it doesn't fix the problem, and some issues don't appaer to be covered.
I think it could be very very very helpful if there was a live IRC chat option to ask a developer or somebody very-well versed with XBMC about all the issues that I am having with XBMC's features.
You mean like the one listed here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM..._and_sites

There are some advanced users and some devs in that channel.
The link that you posted contained an IRC link but it didn't work.
I saw your post on the audio issue. Have you posted it more than once? I think I have seen it multiple times. If so please don't do that. You have no response because no one who knows has seen it or know one knows why. You should post a debug log at xbmc.logs and link to it in your thread. But do NOT post multiple threads for the same issue.

As for the IRC, what do you mean it didn't work? Was none able to help or were you not able to connect to it?
I posted a sound cannibalization thread and because when I refreshed the page to view any new replies it said the thread did not exist and I couldn't find it in the search. I posted a a sound problems thread with the same overall information.

I mean that i could not connect to it, I clicked on the link and it opened a blank tab.

I posted a sound cannibalization thread and because when I refreshed the page to view any new replies it said the thread did not exist and I couldn't find it in the search. I posted a a sound problems thread with the same overall information.

I mean that i could not connect to it, I clicked on the link and it opened a blank tab.
You need to use an IRC program to use that IRC link.

Get a debug log posted and put a link to it in your new thread then. That will be helpful for someone to help you.
(MOD EDIT: Removed log pasted directly in post)
Please upload your complete debug log (wiki) contents to a public paste site such as www.xbmclogs.com and post just the assigned URL here. Pasting your log directly in your post creates too much clutter, especially for those viewing this on mobile devices. Thanks.
Thanks for moving that. I was mobile at the time and couldn't do it.
(MOD EDIT: Removed log pasted directly in post in correct topic.)
I didn't want to mess around with the resume point things unnecessarily so this debug log doesn't include the resume point things.
I turned on debugging and played a 2 video files pausing them numerous times and waiting at least a few seconds so as to evidence the sound/video problems in the debug log, If they show in the log.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=39924
(2013-07-27, 16:11)ultravio7et Wrote: I didn't want to mess around with the resume point things unnecessarily so this debug log doesn't include the resume point things.
I turned on debugging and played a 2 video files pausing them numerous times and waiting at least a few seconds so as to evidence the sound/video problems in the debug log, If they show in the log.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=39924

Please keep the discussion for the above problem in the thread you'd already opened for it: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=168462

Let's not continue cross-posting issues from your other threads in this one as well. The subject of this thread is, "Live IRC help chat", so keep your posts in this thread on-topic. If you still have problems connecting to the IRC channel then, by all means, use this thread to report it. Otherwise, post your logs and updates in the threads where you had reported those particular problems.
I did but I have 4 open threads, not all the same, and the only place anybody seems to reply is here.
I'd appreciate it if you could help rather than just saying it's in the wrong place, like the other guys did.

I did but I have 4 open threads, not all the same, and the only place anybody seems to reply is here.
I'd appreciate it if you could help rather than just saying it's in the wrong place, like the other guys did.
Only two people have responded to this thread and I'm one of them. Both of us have asked you to post your logs in the correct threads, not here. None of your other problems have been resolved by posting unrelated logs here, so just because you got some responses here is moot.
I guess that's true, just because you respond on this thread doesn't mean that you know anything or can actually help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live IRC help chat0