Running Openelec in Virtual Machine in Win 7
Hi All

Just wondering if you knowledgeable gurus could help me out. Basically I run Eden because of the Dual Audio feature, so that my HTPC in the lounge can supply video to the lounge TV and audio to the speakers there, while also going under the floor via AMD HDMI into my bedroom tv. The screens are just on duplicate so you can only watch one thing at a time, but that isnt a problem.

However Eden now has a few features that are now unsupported because of Frodo, but Frodo doesn't have Dual Audio which is a must for me.

So I was thinking, would it be possible to some how run Openelec as a Virtual Machine through AMD HDMI into my bedroom TV, while having Win 7 running its own XBMC through HDMI/Speakers into the lounge TV?

If this is possible, I have never done anything like this before, so any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks
It would likely be possible but you won't be able to watch video without lag I'm afraid. If all you need is listen to music in one room then it could be sufficient.
Why not get an HDMI splitter and run exactly the same signal to both TVs?

(Or spend some dosh and get an XBMC machine for your bedroom)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I havent looked into hdmi splitters? Are they any good? Could you recommend one?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running Openelec in Virtual Machine in Win 71