• 370(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-08-07, 18:44)dmchristenson Wrote: Do what you will with it. Admittedly I'm very much a novice at all of this. Just did what I could with it. Any improvements would be appreciated. That's why I posted it.

I'm a super novice as well...here's to hoping that I can make it work!
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
(2014-08-07, 16:11)bry- Wrote: @Lunatixz - was wondering if you could take another look at implementing this directly into PTVL -

python-xmltv 1.4.3 - last update on 2014-07-08 so it is actively being developed.

A Python Module for Reading and Writing XMLTV Files
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-xmltv/1.4.3

I've seen this before, from my knowledge it parses XMLTV data... Which PTVL already does... what would be the benefit of adding this module?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@dmchristenson, here is my work so far. Here is the info overlay.

Wetek Play + LibreELEC
(2014-08-07, 19:26)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-08-07, 16:11)bry- Wrote: @Lunatixz - was wondering if you could take another look at implementing this directly into PTVL -

python-xmltv 1.4.3 - last update on 2014-07-08 so it is actively being developed.

I've seen this before, from my knowledge it parses XMLTV data... Which PTVL already does... what would be the benefit of adding this module?

Ah I was thinking that PTVL could eventually handle all xmltv data with a python wrapper. I did some googling and found that there is 1 for zap2it and one for schedules direct.

Add an option to control the amount of data being pulled into the xmltv file and limit complaints of slow loading/scanning times perhaps. (thinking out loud) of course.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-08-07, 05:51)LakersFan Wrote: Hello, I reinstalled a fresh version of PseudoTV Live (developmental version). Everything is working great except I'm having an issue with USTV Now, though. It shows up in my channel listings okay but as I click any of them, nothing happens (it's like I pushed the back button and the current movie keeps playing - it exits the channel guide).

Am I missing a step? I am using the PseudoTV Live version of USTV Now. Here's my debug log: http://pastebin.com/BFKD5PBZ

BTW, the vimeo link used in the "Recommended for autotune & Live Channels" addons section is a broken link. Just a head's up.

I am also having this same issue, if you select a USTV Now channel, it just stays on the channel it was before. I am using the 'USTV Now' addon in this forum at the beginning.
(2014-08-07, 21:09)amcfarla Wrote:
(2014-08-07, 05:51)LakersFan Wrote: Hello, I reinstalled a fresh version of PseudoTV Live (developmental version). Everything is working great except I'm having an issue with USTV Now, though. It shows up in my channel listings okay but as I click any of them, nothing happens (it's like I pushed the back button and the current movie keeps playing - it exits the channel guide).

Am I missing a step? I am using the PseudoTV Live version of USTV Now. Here's my debug log: http://pastebin.com/BFKD5PBZ

BTW, the vimeo link used in the "Recommended for autotune & Live Channels" addons section is a broken link. Just a head's up.

I am also having this same issue, if you select a USTV Now channel, it just stays on the channel it was before. I am using the 'USTV Now' addon in this forum at the beginning.

Are you able to watch streams in the actual USTVNow plugin? If not, that may be the issue.
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
(2014-08-07, 19:35)ryanmcclure Wrote: @dmchristenson, here is my work so far. Here is the info overlay.

Looks pretty good. My original intent was to keep it as close to the default Confluence overly as I could
(2014-08-07, 20:23)bry- Wrote:
(2014-08-07, 19:26)Lunatixz Wrote:

Ah I was thinking that PTVL could eventually handle all xmltv data with a python wrapper. I did some googling and found that there is 1 for zap2it and one for schedules direct.

Add an option to control the amount of data being pulled into the xmltv file and limit complaints of slow loading/scanning times perhaps. (thinking out loud) of course.

Aside from Schdedulesdirect... the projects I've found are not true wrappers and are more or less just xmltv parsers... I've searched for over a year for a true wrapper so I can have PseudoTV Live request xmltv data on the fly directly from (mc2xml, zap2it, etc)... but no luck Sad

Thanks for the suggestions...
(2014-08-07, 21:25)ryanmcclure Wrote:
(2014-08-07, 21:09)amcfarla Wrote:

Are you able to watch streams in the actual USTVNow plugin? If not, that may be the issue.

So I tried opening the USTV Now app directly and it worked. I went back to PTVL and tried it again and my channels work now! Not sure if I needed to run the app separate for the first time or if just sitting overnight fixed it in some weird way.
However, now I'm noticing that the PTVL guide for those channels are incorrect. The guide says "The Young and the Restless" but playing is the Ellen Show. If I go back to the app, their guide is correct, stating Ellen is on. Is that something that will self correct?
(2014-08-07, 22:23)LakersFan Wrote:
(2014-08-07, 21:25)ryanmcclure Wrote:
(2014-08-07, 21:09)amcfarla Wrote: I am also having this same issue, if you select a USTV Now channel, it just stays on the channel it was before. I am using the 'USTV Now' addon in this forum at the beginning.

So I tried opening the USTV Now app directly and it worked. I went back to PTVL and tried it again and my channels work now! Not sure if I needed to run the app separate for the first time or if just sitting overnight fixed it in some weird way.
However, now I'm noticing that the PTVL guide for those channels are incorrect. The guide says "The Young and the Restless" but playing is the Ellen Show. If I go back to the app, their guide is correct, stating Ellen is on. Is that something that will self correct?

are you using development or stable PTVL? If stable, try development and force channel reset. let me know if it's in sync... if not let me know your timezone and how off the epg sync is...
I'm using the developmental version of PTVL. I forced the channel reset and it is still out of sync. I am in the Pacific timezone (Los Angeles) watching the ABC channel. The guide shows 5:15pm on a show called "Ocean Mysteries With Jeff Corwin", however when I click on the channel it's showing the football game (which according to the channel guide starts at 7:30). Being the game started at 4:30 here, it appears the channels are three hours different. I'm seeing the Pacific timezone on the guide but the show that is playing is from the NY timezone.

Thanks Lunatixz.
(2014-08-06, 02:32)RockDawg Wrote:
(2014-08-02, 05:21)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-08-02, 04:25)RockDawg Wrote: I did post a log. See the link in my reply to bry-. I don't mean to be dense, but how do I download an older version on GIT?

I reviewed that log, and only see that you are using channel sharing incorrectly read post 2 for info... to download old builds, you need to click commit look through changes click the build you want then click download.

Channel sharing isn't the issue. I disabled it and I still have the problem. One thing I might not have made clear is that this problem exists without even having to actually run PTVL. I can simply open XBMC and immediately try to exit and it will just hang. If I disable or uninstall PTVL, XBMC exits without issue.

I just reverted back to 4.5 and the problem went away.
What is your take on this Lunatixz?
(2014-08-08, 02:38)RockDawg Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 02:32)RockDawg Wrote:
(2014-08-02, 05:21)Lunatixz Wrote: I reviewed that log, and only see that you are using channel sharing incorrectly read post 2 for info... to download old builds, you need to click commit look through changes click the build you want then click download.

Channel sharing isn't the issue. I disabled it and I still have the problem. One thing I might not have made clear is that this problem exists without even having to actually run PTVL. I can simply open XBMC and immediately try to exit and it will just hang. If I disable or uninstall PTVL, XBMC exits without issue.

I just reverted back to 4.5 and the problem went away.
What is your take on this Lunatixz?

I would have to assume the issue is with my threading service. Do you have dynamic artwork enabled? If you disable it do u still have problems?
(2014-07-29, 22:45)Estate Wrote:
(2014-07-24, 19:04)rosencrantz247 Wrote:
(2014-07-24, 17:23)Estate Wrote: Hi there,

I just set this up in my XBMC and love it. Thank so much!

I did search for this question, my apologies if it has been answered somewhere, I could not find a solution.

I control XBMC using the Offical Android remote. The "OK" button (middle of navigation arrows) brings up the EPG the first time I click it when I open Pseudo TV Live.
However any actions after that, XBMC seems to take over in playback mode so clicking the "OK" button just performs the standard action of giving me details of whats playing. Is there a way I can fix this or map keys differently so that I can get back to the EPG again?

Many thanks.

i changed skins and it seemed to fix my issue. im running on ubuntu, though

Thank you.

I was running Amber skin. Sad to see it go but indeed changing skins sorted out this issue.

If anyone else is trying to use PTVL with the Amber skin, I've posted a possible fix to the problem over in the Amber forum:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201637

So far it appears to have fixed the problem on my computer but maybe another Amber/PTVL user could test it out if they get a chance. Please post any results in the Amber thread linked above though, so as to not clutter this thread up anymore than it already is. Big Grin

PS: Nice addon Lunatixz and thanks for your hard work.
Hi Luna, I am finishing up the info overlay of my skin that I've been working on. I have a quick question, and I'm curious if you know how to help. I'm using

Code:
$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]

to draw a fanart picture in the show info dialog for the episode. Is there a way to change this art for when I move left or right to the previous or next episode?

Also, without using dynamic artwork, how can I get artwork for shows that are live-streamed from things such as USTVNow?
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
  • 370(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45