• 112(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Does anybody know of way that I could capture the XML Tv guide data for Live TV recordings I've made? I set a channel up for TV Recordings made on the backend server, pointing to the Live Tv recordings folder, where both recording and XML file are located for each programme. Is there a simple way that I could maybe pull this guide data for each recording into my TV Recordings channel?
(2013-12-12, 22:01)Dumyat Wrote: Does anybody know of way that I could capture the XML Tv guide data for Live TV recordings I've made? I set a channel up for TV Recordings made on the backend server, pointing to the Live Tv recordings folder, where both recording and XML file are located for each programme. Is there a simple way that I could maybe pull this guide data for each recording into my TV Recordings channel?

Sorry noway, but if you setup whatever back-end you're using to rename files to a standard name such as (S00E00 - Episode name)
Then you can use xbmc to scrape your recording folder and populate a PTVL channel using a custom xsp for that directory.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hey Luna, did you see my log / settings and have any idea why PTV crashes or needs to reinstalled upon this bug.
(2013-12-12, 22:23)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-12, 22:01)Dumyat Wrote: Does anybody know of way that I could capture the XML Tv guide data for Live TV recordings I've made? I set a channel up for TV Recordings made on the backend server, pointing to the Live Tv recordings folder, where both recording and XML file are located for each programme. Is there a simple way that I could maybe pull this guide data for each recording into my TV Recordings channel?

Sorry noway, but if you setup whatever back-end you're using to rename files to a standard name such as (S00E00 - Episode name)
Then you can use xbmc to scrape your recording folder and populate a PTVL channel using a custom xsp for that directory.

Ahhh, I thought that might well be the case. Think I was hoping for some kind of automation without the need to manually rename files. But to be honest, channel does show channel name, programme title and date recorded, so prob more than sufficient for its need.
Thanks anyway :-)
(2013-12-12, 22:37)Dumyat Wrote:
(2013-12-12, 22:23)Lunatixz Wrote:

Ahhh, I thought that might well be the case. Think I was hoping for some kind of automation without the need to manually rename files. But to be honest, channel does show channel name, programme title and date recorded, so prob more than sufficient for its need.

What backend are you using?? a lot of them have scripts that handle the renaming for you...
For example NextPVR has ImageGrabLite

I may or may not be adding artwork downloading... seems handy for on the spot images, but overall I like the artwork downloader script handling my art. Once setup correctly you should always have all your local artwork.

Anyone know of any good TV Guide RSS Ticker feeds, need one easily programmable to zip and country? maybe even by network?

Also sport score tickers would be nice as well...

Come to think of it... If you know of a good Ticker that can fit into a TV Genre such as (sports, news, tv, movie) PM me with a link Smile

I want to add by channel genre rss tickers to the EPG Smile
(2013-12-12, 22:39)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-12, 22:37)Dumyat Wrote:
(2013-12-12, 22:23)Lunatixz Wrote: Sorry noway, but if you setup whatever back-end you're using to rename files to a standard name such as (S00E00 - Episode name)

What backend are you using?? a lot of them have scripts that handle the renaming for you...
For example NextPVR has ImageGrabLite

I may or may not be adding artwork downloading... seems handy for on the spot images, but overall I like the artwork downloader script handling my art. Once setup correctly you should always have all your local artwork.

Anyone know of any good TV Guide RSS Ticker feeds, need one easily programmable to zip and country? maybe even by network?

Also sport score tickers would be nice as well...

Come to think of it... If you know of a good Ticker that can fit into a TV Genre such as (sports, news, tv, movie) PM me with a link Smile

I want to add by channel genre rss tickers to the EPG Smile

Thanks. Will have a look around and see whats out there.
Currently using Media Portal backend to catch the Free-to-air digital channels in the UK. Unofficial release of XBMC works so much better than the official release, as channel switching using that release was painfully slow, even outside of PTVL. That being said, am thinking to get a cable package in Jan as they offer more HD content, so prob gonna go down the Homerun route. How do ppl find the overall performance in PTVL using Homerun, particularly which channel switching?
No lunatixz, u misunderstood me. I put an http link in the stream file and it worked through xbmc. If I put that same http link in PTV Live it dosent work. Got me? Its a trendnet 422w cam. Stream to my phone through "ip cam viewer" all day no probs. Sorry just thought someone could help me go in the right direction to track down the problem.

Also tried with my hootoo 210f cam and verified trough a stream file on XBMC and it worked but not in PSTV Live. It will never even create the channel for either cam and when I turn off link verifier it just locks up PSTV live which by reading is normal.

Edit: If i made two strm files with the http links for those cameras and then set a directory channel in PSTV pointed to those strm files it worked. Config like this:

<setting id="Channel_11_type" value="7" />
<setting id="Channel_11_1" value="smb://192.168.1.110/Home Media/TV Shows/Breakfast Room/" />
<setting id="Channel_11_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_11_time" value="554" />
<setting id="Channel_12_type" value="7" />
<setting id="Channel_12_1" value="smb://192.168.1.110/Home Media/TV Shows/Baby Monitor/" />
<setting id="Channel_12_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_12_time" value="455" />

But dosen't this defeat the whole purpose of having the " <setting id="Channel_12_type" value="9" /> " InternetTV channel setting? Kind of a work around but seems to me like a bug since i have to create the strm file and then make a "directory" channel. Just trying to help.
(2013-12-12, 17:22)MovieJunky Wrote: Have there been any news on how to offset time of USTVNOW or how are you in the States (West Coast i. e.) dealing with the time discrepancy between Pacific Time and Eastern Time (Source of the USTVNOW stream I guess)

I couldn't figure that out either, so I ended up adding the USTVNOW channels to my schedulesdirect account and used the time zone offset with my xmltv grabber.

Zip Code:17101
City: Harrisburg, US
Service: DIRECTV Harrisburg - Satellite

If there's a better way I'm game.
(2013-12-13, 02:20)Grbspltt Wrote:
(2013-12-12, 17:22)MovieJunky Wrote: Have there been any news on how to offset time of USTVNOW or how are you in the States (West Coast i. e.) dealing with the time discrepancy between Pacific Time and Eastern Time (Source of the USTVNOW stream I guess)

I couldn't figure that out either, so I ended up adding the USTVNOW channels to my schedulesdirect account and used the time zone offset with my xmltv grabber.

Zip Code:17101
City: Harrisburg, US
Service: DIRECTV Harrisburg - Satellite

If there's a better way I'm game.

Are you saying that zipcode and providers xmltv data is in sync?
If so i'll just change my source setup...
That is the zip and provider I use as well, everything lines up fine.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
(2013-12-13, 03:16)Lunatixz Wrote: Are you saying that zipcode and providers xmltv data is in sync?
If so i'll just change my source setup...

Yes it works most of the time. The channel id's almost always up with ustvnow's channel name. I didn't want to post it yet because there are 2 channels where the xmltv don't quite work.
I was using dish network for ustvnow over DirectTV... I changed the source for autotune, give it a day to sync up...
(2013-12-13, 05:40)Lunatixz Wrote: I was using dish network for ustvnow over DirectTV... I changed the source for autotune, give it a day to sync up...

Will you be continuing support for ustvnow?
(2013-12-13, 16:57)Guile Wrote:
(2013-12-13, 05:40)Lunatixz Wrote: I was using dish network for ustvnow over DirectTV... I changed the source for autotune, give it a day to sync up...

Will you be continuing support for ustvnow?
you should try searching the thread : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1568639
Tonight's update:: if you find missing channels. Switch background updating from "on" to minimal.
I didn't have time to write up a strm validation process, so chtype 9 strms are still being ignored. I suggest users open up the strm file with a text editor, copy the link and place it into settings2 instead of using the strm path...

Since PTVL is really easy to crash, filtering dead links should be a higher priority then the quantity of channels Smile
If your not sure if a link works, ignore it...

I also would like your feedback on plugins that are or aren't working... I've noticed a few problems with 1ch killing PTVL when it fails to load the first source.... what are your experiences?
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45