• 207(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-03-20, 19:12)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 02:12)jiggsaw Wrote: I can't get hdhomerun autotune to work. It's not pulling in any channels. I've renamed strms, tried different xmltv grabbers, etc. Is setting up PVR in xbmc a requirement?

Search this thread, it's been discussed before... not going into details... the strm file has to match one of the channel names found in the xmltv file.

That's exactly what I did. I looked in the xmltv file, renamed one of my strm files accordingly to test it, and nothing. Do the strms have to be scraped into the library? All I did was set my strm directory in pseudotv settings. I guess I'll try again when I get home.
(2014-03-20, 21:46)jiggsaw Wrote: That's exactly what I did. I looked in the xmltv file, renamed one of my strm files accordingly to test it, and nothing. Do the strms have to be scraped into the library? All I did was set my strm directory in pseudotv settings. I guess I'll try again when I get home.
I was having the same problems with this before I got it working. Did you build the strm files using HDHomerun Config and set the output to xbmc? Can you view the live strms by adding the folder to xbmc's video sources?
(2014-03-20, 23:35)spyder Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 21:46)jiggsaw Wrote: That's exactly what I did. I looked in the xmltv file, renamed one of my strm files accordingly to test it, and nothing. Do the strms have to be scraped into the library? All I did was set my strm directory in pseudotv settings. I guess I'll try again when I get home.
I was having the same problems with this before I got it working. Did you build the strm files using HDHomerun Config and set the output to xbmc? Can you view the live strms by adding the folder to xbmc's video sources?

I'm still at work so I can't check right now. I know that I can view the strm files in xbmc using the tvguide addon though. I don't think I have the strm directory added as a source though. Hopefully, I can get it working tonight.

Edit: Ok, so I FINALLY figured it out. The problem was trying to use the files from my server. It wasn't working over samba (I thought samba wasn't an issue?). Once I put the files locally, it worked.
(2014-03-20, 23:44)jiggsaw Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 23:35)spyder Wrote:

I'm still at work so I can't check right now. I know that I can view the strm files in xbmc using the tvguide addon though. I don't think I have the strm directory added as a source though. Hopefully, I can get it working tonight.

Edit: Ok, so I FINALLY figured it out. The problem was trying to use the files from my server. It wasn't working over samba (I thought samba wasn't an issue?). Once I put the files locally, it worked.

Samba shouldn't be an issue, ill double check…
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Lunatixz

Thanks for your answer. I have few other questions. Will PVR recording of IPTV be possible without backend serve?. And if not, which backend server do you recommend using?
That's great news on the Gotham support coming this weekend!

As I pointed out previously, the biggest issue I saw in testing was the problems with tracking local media in real time - was that a specific issue you saw as well that will be fixed in this release?
Luna, Just upgrade to latest master, auto generated channel. PTVL just crashes XBMC every time.

Log Attached.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58850968/xbmc.log
(2014-03-22, 00:35)ylafont Wrote: Luna, Just upgrade to latest master, auto generated channel. PTVL just crashes XBMC every time.

Log Attached.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58850968/xbmc.log

I didn't push an update yet, so it's not a "new version" FYI Smile

I don't see any PTVL Errors, but I do see your Json's being flooded which will kill XBMC. Let your xbmc settle down first before launching PTVL; next.aired is querying a lot of data, and it appears you're also using a json type xbmc remote? yatse perhaps?
(2014-03-22, 01:41)Lunatixz Wrote: I didn't push an update yet, so it's not a "new version" FYI Smile

I don't see any PTVL Errors, but I do see your Json's being flooded which will kill XBMC. Let your xbmc settle down first before launching PTVL; next.aired is querying a lot of data, and it appears you're also using a json type xbmc remote? yatse perhaps?

Updated from v.0.3.4 to v.03.5 (Latest master b21c75f280b24cd081fe89ae84b277f15a3889d9) , waiting makes no difference.

if i go back to .03.4 everything works.
(2014-03-22, 01:55)ylafont Wrote:
(2014-03-22, 01:41)Lunatixz Wrote: I didn't push an update yet, so it's not a "new version" FYI Smile

Updated from v.0.3.4 to v.03.5 (Latest master b21c75f280b24cd081fe89ae84b277f15a3889d9) , waiting makes no difference.

Open your logs, it doesn't hurt to get yourself familiar with how XBMC works... so that way you can see where errors spawn from.

If you open the one you posted you will see that PTVL doesn't generate any errors... and to be honest it won't Crash XBMC, it will crash itself and steal focus from XBMC... but not crash it...

What will crash XBMC is too many plugins access json at the same time, which you can see in your logs, every entry is jsonrpc!

When you see a crash that is under "DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live" then you know it's from my plugin Smile
(2014-03-22, 02:10)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-03-22, 01:55)ylafont Wrote:

Open your logs, it doesn't hurt to get yourself familiar with how XBMC works... so that way you can see where errors spawn from.

If you open the one you posted you will see that PTVL doesn't generate any errors... and to be honest it won't Crash XBMC, it will crash itself and steal focus from XBMC... but not crash it...

What will crash XBMC is too many plugins access json at the same time, which you can see in your logs, every entry is jsonrpc!

When you see a crash that is under "DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live" then you know it's from my plugin Smile

not an expert, but i can get around the logs, , i figured you would want to know of potential issues.

I am back at v.03.4 - for now that works without a problem.
(2014-03-22, 05:55)ylafont Wrote:
(2014-03-22, 02:10)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-03-22, 01:55)ylafont Wrote: Updated from v.0.3.4 to v.03.5 (Latest master b21c75f280b24cd081fe89ae84b277f15a3889d9) , waiting makes no difference.

not an expert, but i can get around the logs, , i figured you would want to know of potential issues.

I do want to know about issues, but if the log doesn't show an error... there is no way for me to track it down and fix it...

Have you tried tonight's update?
(2014-03-22, 06:13)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-03-22, 05:55)ylafont Wrote:
(2014-03-22, 02:10)Lunatixz Wrote: Open your logs, it doesn't hurt to get yourself familiar with how XBMC works... so that way you can see where errors spawn from.

I do want to know about issues, but if the log doesn't show an error... there is no way for me to track it down and fix it...

Have you tried tonight's update?

This one came up! -

Although my guide is now slow which was working smoothly with the previous version. Time to go through it again test Autotune which was causing clack screen for me.

Thanks.
Just took a fresh copy of master from post #1. Looking forward to smooth running on Gotham b2 Smile

Blows up real good using PTVL skin. Maybe it doesn't like Donor Features. Back to Default skin.

Next... Hung again, with an old friend:

Code:
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/ChannelList.py", line 3680, in extras
    self.Donor = Donor()
NameError: global name 'Donor' is not defined

Power button required to quit. Disable Donor Features.

Back up and running PTVL/Default. STOP button exits PTVL immediately, doesn't ask first.

Try ConCast skin - nope -
Code:
Script Failed:PseudoTV Live

Try Aurora skin - nope2 -
Code:

OK, back to PTVL skin, and maybe turn Video Window on (it worked before tonight's update) - nope3 -
Code:
Script Failed:videowindow.py

Alright... Default skin it is. Video window works (that's nice). Shouldda left it all alone.

It's a new day tomorrow.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2014-03-22, 12:18)gjwAudio Wrote: Just took a fresh copy of master from post #1. Looking forward to smooth running on Gotham b2 Smile

Blows up real good using PTVL skin. Maybe it doesn't like Donor Features. Back to Default skin.

Next... Hung again, with an old friend:

Code:
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/ChannelList.py", line 3680, in extras
    self.Donor = Donor()
NameError: global name 'Donor' is not defined

Power button required to quit. Disable Donor Features.

Back up and running PTVL/Default. STOP button exits PTVL immediately, doesn't ask first.

Try ConCast skin - nope -
Code:

Try Aurora skin - nope2 -
Code:

OK, back to PTVL skin, and maybe turn Video Window on (it worked before tonight's update) - nope3 -
Code:
Script Failed:videowindow.py

Alright... Default skin it is. Video window works (that's nice). Shouldda left it all alone.

It's a new day tomorrow.

Don't know what I'm missing, its working great on my dev machine. I'll track down the problems. Sorry about that…

::Update::
Skin issues is easy enough to fix, for some reason my push changed directory's to lowercase... I'll fix in next update.
  • 207(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45