• 305(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
' Wrote:Try not to lump to many LiveTV and InternetTV channels together in one block... This will slow down channel surfing since each channel change will require reaching an external feed.

Does this also apply to viewing the guide? Well, sort of answering my own Q, yes it does. Is this expected behavior? I would really like my internet channels to be ch 200-250. So am I out of luck?

Do most ppl have random internet channels lumped together with local content? Seems kind of silly, but I guess theres no choice, ex:
Friends TV
Seinfeld TV
NatGeo Youtube channel
Community TV
Modern Family TV
(2014-06-07, 01:43)stevedawg85 Wrote:
' Wrote:Try not to lump to many LiveTV and InternetTV channels together in one block... This will slow down channel surfing since each channel change will require reaching an external feed.

Does this also apply to viewing the guide? Well, sort of answering my own Q, yes it does. Is this expected behavior? I would really like my internet channels to be ch 200-250. So am I out of luck?

Do most ppl have random internet channels lumped together with local content? Seems kind of silly, but I guess theres no choice, ex:
Friends TV
Seinfeld TV
NatGeo Youtube channel
Community TV
Modern Family TV

That warning is more like a general rule of thumb. If your using reliable sources it won't matter.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Sooo. A guest hit the play button instead of enter and now I have a channel that is stuck on pause. Yes, that really happened. I've rebooted the system and it still shows paused. I can't make this Shit up, haha
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-06-07, 02:22)bry- Wrote: Sooo. A guest hit the play button instead of enter and now I have a channel that is stuck on pause. Yes, that really happened. I've rebooted the system and it still shows paused. I can't make this Shit up, haha

Go into the paused channel, click play (unpause) and switch channels...
(2014-06-06, 01:40)mrpcpro Wrote:
(2014-06-06, 01:07)stickemup Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 23:31)mrpcpro Wrote: is ustvnow premium working? I want to signup using your link

It does work using the special version you need to download in the 1st post. I'm using premium on the latest update right now.

how's the quality for HD? I watch on a 46" TV

mrpcpro

To be honest the quality isn't that great on all channels. ESPN and a few others are great though.
(2014-06-05, 14:45)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 07:51)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2014-06-04, 19:25)Lunatixz Wrote: weather is planned, been busy with code... after you send me your logos i'll fix it.

can you send me the title of a tvshow that is in hebrew with it's tvshow.nfo and an example episode name with nfo.
thanks

its not tvshows that the problem.
its only movies - the title ,info and genre are in hebrew.
so i created playlists for the genre but the movies with hebrew title are not being populated.
i will see movies like "42" or "1408" or any movies with english titles. all of them will show the info of the movie in hebrew just fine.
it was working great a few releases ago.

to where do you want me to send you the nfo file & the log?

PM me the info, dropbox link? however you want to send it....

I''ll recreate your exact show in my library so that I can test for errors... I did the same for one of tromy's tvshows, which helps me catch errors.

PM you the info you requested
thanks
[/quote]

Hey Luna.
did you get the chance to recreate the channels based on the nfo i sent you?
thanks

(2014-06-05, 15:41)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 14:37)bry- Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 14:28)Lunatixz Wrote: If I remember the code correctly, it's really only designed for one channel.... You can make multiple channels but the cache would consider them all the same.

Lunatixz - anychance you could add the option to have 2 chans perhaps? Unfortunately not everyone in the house has the same music preferences but we all have active last.fm accts.

yeah, i'll add to next update...

(2014-06-05, 15:38)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 15:35)bry- Wrote: the way I worked through issues like that was by keeping multiple settings2.xml-lastfm, settings2.xml-youtube, settings2.xml-vevo, files - I would copy/paste the configs from each into the primary settings2.xml that ptvl uses and do a force chan refresh on next run. Time consuming but ensures that things are working piece by piece. may be worth a shot for you to try to see where the issue is.

i am talking about a brand new install with only 3 lines in the settings2.xml.
thats why i think its deeper than that

when you exit, final settings are written to the settings2.xml... important to let it be... if it's freezing, send me a log... but from my experience this happens when (I/O is taxed, saving large setting2, or xbmc is working a lot of background jobs).

hi
here is the log
http://pastebin.com/hEuatMZq

new install with only PTVL installed and 2 channels configured on the settings2.
still hangs on 50 % of the times.

BTW i still get "waiting for file lock" on XMLTV on windows unless the file is located locally.
just FYI
(2014-06-04, 18:19)Lunatixz Wrote:
bry- Wrote: *edit* maybe try to create packs based on the cable providers? Fios, TWC, Uverse, Comcrap, etc... whatever else is out there?

Great idea, but I'd rather program... anyone willing to work on it?

Just for clarity, we would compile the images zip folder it and send it to you for inclusion?
(2014-06-07, 15:06)omnicroncs Wrote:
(2014-06-04, 18:19)Lunatixz Wrote:
bry- Wrote: *edit* maybe try to create packs based on the cable providers? Fios, TWC, Uverse, Comcrap, etc... whatever else is out there?

Great idea, but I'd rather program... anyone willing to work on it?

Just for clarity, we would compile the images zip folder it and send it to you for inclusion?

That's fine. Just need to know what the image specs are needed by @Lunatixz. I would think that looking up your provider on zap2it would be the best way to get an idea of the chans you would need to source. Obviously no need to include premium chans as they only work with wmc. I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult once the major channels and networks are locked down. Any region and or local chans would have to be a special request.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Quote:BTW i still get "waiting for file lock" on XMLTV on windows unless the file is located locally.
just FYI

I am having the exact same issue on openelec. Unless my XMLTV file is located locally PTVL will just sit forever on "waiting for file lock."
@EZ1976 Yes I added the 500 movie, and xbmc itself won't display anything but the "500" it ignores all Hebrew letters... does it display for you?

(2014-06-07, 17:04)ARYEZ Wrote:
Quote:BTW i still get "waiting for file lock" on XMLTV on windows unless the file is located locally.
just FYI

I am having the exact same issue on openelec. Unless my XMLTV file is located locally PTVL will just sit forever on "waiting for file lock."

fix in tonight update
Lunatixz. Everything is working great as of now except for the notification of what's playing next. Have you or anyone else experienced this? Specifically for live tv via strm

IMPORTANT:
(2014-06-07, 20:56)bry- Wrote: Lunatixz. Everything is working great as of now except for the notification of what's playing next. Have you or anyone else experienced this? Specifically for live tv via strm

? whats the problem ? whats going on with the notification?
(2014-06-07, 01:53)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-06-07, 01:43)stevedawg85 Wrote:

Friends TV
Seinfeld TV
NatGeo Youtube channel
Community TV
Modern Family TV

That warning is more like a general rule of thumb. If your using reliable sources it won't matter.

Reliable source = those in the community database? That's what my internet channels are made of, youtube channels and rss feeds. but it still locks up when my guide gets to the 200 channels. Actually when I page down from ch 1, I can get to 203, I cant go any lower, or if I do, it take 10+ seconds to load the next set of channels in the guide.

Heres my xbmc log, hope it also includes info from PTL that you need:

guide freezing when scrolling through net channels
So is there a solution to my issue? I can explain my PTVL behavior if the logs are not telling anyone anything.

Ok, I run PTVL and it goes through its entire process. It ends with Artdownloader telling what cover art has been downloaded. This is where my whole PTVL setup stops. It is just a blank screen from then on. It is like PTVL thinks it's done but forgets to initiate a video. Therefore my PTVL sits in limbo. I can't exit, cancel, or do anything. Pressing the arrow keys I can hear the XBMC menu click. I have to hard reset to get out of XBMC.

I hope this helps a little bit more. Getting an idea of where in the process my PTVL is stalling. Thanks.
(2014-06-07, 21:25)pharmeceutikle Wrote: So is there a solution to my issue? I can explain my PTVL behavior if the logs are not telling anyone anything.

Ok, I run PTVL and it goes through its entire process. It ends with Artdownloader telling what cover art has been downloaded. This is where my whole PTVL setup stops. It is just a blank screen from then on. It is like PTVL thinks it's done but forgets to initiate a video. Therefore my PTVL sits in limbo. I can't exit, cancel, or do anything. Pressing the arrow keys I can hear the XBMC menu click. I have to hard reset to get out of XBMC.

I hope this helps a little bit more. Getting an idea of where in the process my PTVL is stalling. Thanks.

logs, logs, logs... not going to solve it without them...
  • 305(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45