• 464(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-10-27, 00:25)ryanmcclure Wrote: Hey Luna, I'm wondering if something's up with the USTVNOW fetching? I'm not able to get any xml data for those channels, and I'm wondering if it's a problem on my end? Thanks!

Getting that for my live tv chans.
Latest mc2xml ver 1.3
http://imgur.com/eU7uGQG

Edit. Also tested the tv guide add-on. Not able to read the xmltv either
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Has anyone successfully created a custom VEVO TV channel with PseudoTV Live?

I've tried both of the following settings:

Code:
<setting id="Channel_3_type" value="15" />
<setting id="Channel_3_1" value="plugin://plugin.video.vevo_tv/Custom (Playlists)" />
<setting id="Channel_3_2" value="Emerging Artists (German),Staff Picks,Staff Picks (German)" />
<setting id="Channel_3_3" value="25" />
<setting id="Channel_3_4" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_3_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_3_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_3_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_3_rule_1_opt_1" value="VevoTV Emerging Artists" />

This one works for about 2 seconds, then PseudoTV Live crashes and XBMC freezes. Log here: http://pastebin.com/FUKF8L7U

Code:
<setting id="Channel_5_type" value="15" />
<setting id="Channel_5_1" value="plugin://plugin.video.vevo_tv/Custom (Playlists)/Emerging Artists" />
<setting id="Channel_5_2" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_5_3" value="25" />
<setting id="Channel_5_4" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_5_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rule_1_opt_1" value="VevoTV Emerging Artists 2" />

This one didn't even load any videos. Log here: http://pastebin.com/7xudEts6

System:
Mac OS X 10.8.5 "Mountain Lion"
XBMC 13.2 "Gotham" x86 64bit
PseudoTV Live 0.5.4a
VEVO TV 1.1.3

Also worth noting, I'm not in the US, which is the main reason I am using the custom channels of VEVO TV. They work perfectly fine when I use the plugin directly, but they always seem to crash PseudoTV Live.
Touching Base with @Lunatixz here >>

Any chance to look at the PM I sent you about my "/.Disney Collection" path not parsing any links?

I also mentioned in post #6837 "Normally I can hit the letter "o" to bring up stream details. Things like buffer details, audio and video codec details and such. But that isn't working for me in PTVL. Is it possible to see this some way? Or should I be able to see it already?"

Any idea on a followup to this question? Lunatixz or otherwise?

Thanks Team PTVL!! I know you're all busy, but I appreciate the insight! Someday I hope to be in the shoes of the helpers and not the askers. Smile
(2014-10-25, 15:02)azrael17 Wrote:
(2014-10-25, 06:59)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 19:22)azrael17 Wrote: Try manually deleting settings2.xml.

Then go into PTVL settings and check all the clear cache settings.

Then auto-tune again (the community list syntax for a bunch of lists has just been updated so that might have been part of the problem).

---

As for your live tv problem (which I was trying to help you with btw), I believe you need to open your xmltv file and change the channel names to match the correct stream names. I'm no expert on xmltv but if you upload it I can take a look and try to point out what section you need to change.

Based on your settings2.xml channels 1, 3, 9, 10, 14, 19, 27, 28, and 29 should already be matched correctly.

That means 2,4,5,6,7,8,11,13,13,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,23,24,25,26 need to be changed.

I posted it here.

thanks for the help!

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/57eda8bbedff24498e0c
-----
I looked at your settings2.xml, but you never mentioned if you tried the steps above.
-----
I've autotuned the RSS list and replicated the same problem:

<setting id="Channel_104_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_105_type" value="11" />
<setting id="Channel_105_time" value="2566" />
<setting id="Channel_105_1" value="http://feeds.feedburner.com/hubblecast_sd?format=xml" />
<setting id="Channel_105_2" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_105_3" value="25" />
<setting id="Channel_105_4" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_105_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_105_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_105_rule_1_opt_1" value="HubbleCast
" />
<setting id="Channel_105_changed" value="False" />

The end of the name setting gets bumped onto a separate line. Regardless the channels still work. To completely fix it you just need to go in settings2.xml and delete the space between the channel name and " />.

FOR LUNA: I would say that there must be a typo in the code that imports the channel name of rss.xml. I looked for it but I'm not sure where I was looking, but I would say that there is an extra space character in the code. That is your code must have something like "Channel Name[space]", where the space should be removed (I might be way off base but that is my best guess.
----------------------------------------------------------------

As to live TV I can't help much more. You are going to need to find and edit your XMLTV file to make sure that the name labels (ex: "MOVIES! LiveTV") match whatever your PVR channel labels are (either that or edit your pvr stream labels to match XMLTV). You'll have to do that for every PVR entry in your settings2.xml that autotuned to chtype 9 instead of chtype 8.

Example (Channel 1 is fine, Channel 2 needs to have the labels for it in XMLTV changed):

<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_1_time" value="2566" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="I15.28459936.microsoft.com" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr" />
<setting id="Channel_1_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_1_4" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="KMSP LiveTV" />
<setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_2_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_2_time" value="2566" />
<setting id="Channel_2_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_2_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/1.pvr" />
<setting id="Channel_2_3" value="Listing Unavailable" />
<setting id="Channel_2_4" value="TV Listing Unavailable, Check your xmltv file" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value="BOUNCE LiveTV" />
<setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="False" />

You might wanna send this to Luna as a PM.

Whenever I point out problems, he just ignores it and says its on my end due to not reading instructions. I'd PM it to him, but he legit ignored me for it.

Such silliness....

Looks like I can expect to NOT get a donor login after recently donating..
(2014-10-27, 15:21)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-25, 15:02)azrael17 Wrote:
(2014-10-25, 06:59)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: I posted it here.

thanks for the help!

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/57eda8bbedff24498e0c
-----
I looked at your settings2.xml, but you never mentioned if you tried the steps above.
-----

<setting id="Channel_105_1" value="http://feeds.feedburner.com/hubblecast_sd?format=xml" />
" />

The end of the name setting gets bumped onto a separate line. Regardless the channels still work. To completely fix it you just need to go in settings2.xml and delete the space between the channel name and " />.

FOR LUNA: I would say that there must be a typo in the code that imports the channel name of rss.xml. I looked for it but I'm not sure where I was looking, but I would say that there is an extra space character in the code. That is your code must have something like "Channel Name[space]", where the space should be removed (I might be way off base but that is my best guess.

As to live TV I can't help much more. You are going to need to find and edit your XMLTV file to make sure that the name labels (ex: "MOVIES! LiveTV") match whatever your PVR channel labels are (either that or edit your pvr stream labels to match XMLTV). You'll have to do that for every PVR entry in your settings2.xml that autotuned to chtype 9 instead of chtype 8.

Example (Channel 1 is fine, Channel 2 needs to have the labels for it in XMLTV changed):

<setting id="Channel_2_4" value="TV Listing Unavailable, Check your xmltv file" />

Whenever I point out problems, he just ignores it and says its on my end due to not reading instructions. I'd PM it to him, but he legit ignored me for it.

Such silliness....

I replicated the line break BUT it has NO EFFECT on how PTVL operates so LUNA IS RIGHT.

Even IF there is a mistake in the code (which I never definitively said there was) it has no impact on anything other than how pretty your settings2.xml looks, and, despite my best efforts to help, you have clearly shown that you have no intention on doing any manual editing of settings2.xml (or any manual anything for that matter).

You have demonstrated over and over again that you refuse to READ the entirety of what people post and instead prefer to cling on to single out-of-context comments as justification for your own ineptitude. You have been given everything you need to solve your problems. The only thing missing has been your own effort.

There is a saying that if you give a man a fish he will eat for a day, if you teach a man to fish he will eat for a lifetime. I tried to do both. I'm all out of fish to give, and the fishing lessons fell on deaf ears. You preferred to fill your stomach with the hard work of others, and ultimately it will leave you feeling hungry.
(2014-10-27, 15:49)azrael17 Wrote:
(2014-10-27, 15:21)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-10-25, 15:02)azrael17 Wrote: -----
-----

" />

Such silliness....

I replicated the line break BUT it has NO EFFECT on how PTVL operates so LUNA IS RIGHT.

Even IF there is a mistake in the code (which I never definitively said there was) it has no impact on anything other than how pretty your settings2.xml looks, and, despite my best efforts to help, you have clearly shown that you have no intention on doing any manual editing of settings2.xml (or any manual anything for that matter).

You have demonstrated over and over again that you refuse to READ the entirety of what people post and instead prefer to cling on to single out-of-context comments as justification for your own ineptitude. You have been given everything you need to solve your problems. The only thing missing has been your own effort.

There is a saying that if you give a man a fish he will eat for a day, if you teach a man to fish he will eat for a lifetime. I tried to do both. I'm all out of fish to give, and the fishing lessons fell on deaf ears. You preferred to fill your stomach with the hard work of others, and ultimately it will leave you feeling hungry.

Maybe you've missunderstood me, as I am literally editing this right now...

Sure it doesn't effect PTVL, but it does on the manager for whatever reason.

Not sure why you think I'm opposed to reading or learning, I've put probably 100+ hours into this stuff so far....
two questions

1 - Is there a way to make PseudoTV launch to the EPG by default instead of automatically playing a channel?
2 - Is it normal for PseudoTV to update all of the USTVNow channels everytime it is launched? This ends up taking 90sec or so each time I open the add-on.
(2014-10-27, 18:45)mrwhite Wrote: two questions

1 - Is there a way to make PseudoTV launch to the EPG by default instead of automatically playing a channel?
2 - Is it normal for PseudoTV to update all of the USTVNow channels everytime it is launched? This ends up taking 90sec or so each time I open the add-on.

1 - No there isn't as far as I know, but you can set up a preferred channel (ex: local media only channel).
2 - This update is likely associated with xmltv EPG updating rather than the channel updating, but to make sure check that in the settings Channel Reset on next run is off and that Channel reset is not set to "Every Time".
(2014-10-27, 18:45)mrwhite Wrote: two questions

1. NO
2. Everytime? its programed to only update every 24hrs... You can disable the feature via "PVR\XMLTV Service"

BTW please call it PseudoTV Live or PTVL, unless referring to the old PseudoTV.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
1 - surprised that's not an option, but ok thanks.
2 - yes - everytime. I have the time between channel resets set to automatic, disabling xmltv didnt do anything.
(2014-10-27, 19:56)mrwhite Wrote: 1 - surprised that's not an option, but ok thanks.
2 - yes - everytime. I have the time between channel resets set to automatic, disabling xmltv didnt do anything.

And I assume you are running the latest version? are we talking about channel or the xmltv? LiveTV Channels always update on every load, but if you enable background updating it shouldn't be long wait...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
latest version of PTVL and your USTVNow installed today. Went ahead and upgraded XBMC a minute ago, but made no difference.

here's the log from the last run. everytime i launch, it says its downloading 2.2mb of something, then status bar says adding LiveTV, parsing USTVNow and updating channels.

http://pastebin.com/Ss0vgPTT
does futobox work with pseudotv live? Has anyone tried it. Any advice you can give is appreciated.

mrpcpro
(2014-10-27, 20:53)mrpcpro Wrote: does futobox work with pseudotv live? Has anyone tried it. Any advice you can give is appreciated.

mrpcpro

answer on the futobox faq. yes, they provide an m3u pls
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-10-27, 21:18)bry- Wrote:
(2014-10-27, 20:53)mrpcpro Wrote: does futobox work with pseudotv live? Has anyone tried it. Any advice you can give is appreciated.

mrpcpro

answer on the futobox faq. yes, they provide an m3u pls

Thank you sir. I'll check it out.

mrpcpro
  • 464(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45