• 486(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-11-17, 19:39)azrael17 Wrote: Hopefully the OP will share some of his live links on the community list. There are quite a few RSS and Youtube sources but live internet TV links are still sorely lacking despite Luna's best efforts.

Google live tv streams and you'll turn up a bunch.
(2014-11-17, 19:45)Marshall Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 19:39)azrael17 Wrote: Hopefully the OP will share some of his live links on the community list. There are quite a few RSS and Youtube sources but live internet TV links are still sorely lacking despite Luna's best efforts.

That doesn't solve the problem. I HAVE contributed quite a few sources to the community list (many of which I don't even use personally, but added solely for the benefit of the community). And I do search for new streams myself, but what we are doing here is just re-inventing the wheel. There is no reason that every individual person should have to find every individual source for themselves when the infrastructure is in place to share those sources. People have tons of working sources already but they refuse, for whatever reason, to share them with the community.

If people would share their sources on the community list then others could benefit from their hard work, just like they benefit from the hard work of others every time they auto tune something from the community list.
(2014-11-17, 19:57)azrael17 Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 19:45)Marshall Wrote:

That doesn't solve the problem. I HAVE contributed quite a few sources to the community list (many of which I don't even use personally, but added solely for the benefit of the community). And I do search for new streams myself, but what we are doing here is just re-inventing the wheel. There is no reason that every individual person should have to find every individual source for themselves when the infrastructure is in place to share those sources. People have tons of working sources already but they refuse, for whatever reason, to share them with the community.

If people would share their sources on the community list then others could benefit from their hard work, just like they benefit from the hard work of others every time they auto tune something from the community list.

I think the problem is once you know what you are doing the autotune just makes a big fat mess. It's a good place to start so you can learn about the different channel types and options in the XML file, but myself personally, I'm not interested in a zillion sucky channels (my opinion obviously) and repetitive nonsense. I want my EPG my way and that means building it based on my personal media library and the streams I want. The community files could never act as a backup or a source of interest for me. It's a great place to start and I defiantly think anyone new should autotune at least once, but I've always figured the reason it never took of is because the very nature of television watching is way too personal.
(2014-11-17, 20:17)Marshall Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 19:57)azrael17 Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 19:45)Marshall Wrote: Google live tv streams and you'll turn up a bunch.

I think the problem is once you know what you are doing the autotune just makes a big fat mess. It's a good place to start so you can learn about the different channel types and options in the XML file, but myself personally, I'm not interested in a zillion sucky channels (my opinion obviously) and repetitive nonsense. I want my EPG my way and that means building it based on my personal media library and the streams I want. The community files could never act as a backup or a source of interest for me. It's a great place to start and I defiantly think anyone new should autotune at least once, but I've always figured the reason it never took of is because the very nature of television watching is way too personal.

I agree as I also prefer to set up my system myself without any extraneous junk.

That said, you are still missing the point of the community list. The main reason for contributing to the list is not for yourself but for others. Hence the reason that I have contributed to the list even though I do not use it to autotune myself.

If you need a selfish reason to contribute then yes the list does still act as a backup because you can always consult it manually (through the link in post #1) to find your links and configurations. You can also consult it manually to find new configurations to add manually to your setup. Which I suspect many people do as several posters have asked the best way to check for updates to the list.

Even if you deem autotuning to be useless, the list itself still has utility. Think of it as a storage bin that you can refer to whenever you are looking for new items to add to your own setup.

In the past (at least) two months only THREE people have contributed anything to the list. Luna, myself, and one other person who contributed ONCE (which I am not complaining about because at least he contributed).

The fact of the matter is that people have things that they could contribute but they don't, likely due to ignorance, laziness, or greed.
(2014-11-17, 20:34)azrael17 Wrote: I agree as I also prefer to set up my system myself without any extraneous junk.

That said, you are still missing the point of the community list. The main reason for contributing to the list is not for yourself but for others. Hence the reason that I have contributed to the list even though I do not use it to autotune myself.

If you need a selfish reason to contribute then yes the list does still act as a backup because you can always consult it manually (through the link in post #1) to find your links and configurations. You can also consult it manually to find new configurations to add manually to your setup. Which I suspect many people do as several posters have asked the best way to check for updates to the list.

Even if you deem autotuning to be useless, the list itself still has utility. Think of it as a storage bin that you can refer to whenever you are looking for new items to add to your own setup.

In the past (at least) two months only THREE people have contributed anything to the list. Luna, myself, and one other person who contributed ONCE (which I am not complaining about because at least he contributed).

The fact of the matter is that people have things that they could contribute but they don't, likely due to ignorance, laziness, or greed.

I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but the way I see it is I don't feel like spending a bunch of time contributing to something I largely view as unnecessary beyond the purpose of an auto-tune for someone new. Right now there is sufficient material to give someone a comprehensive overview of the items PSTV can manage and play. If you view that as ignorance, laziness and greed so be it. I can only speak for myself and I can't really speculate as to why the entire community has by enlarge rejected the community list concept.
(2014-11-17, 21:00)Marshall Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 20:34)azrael17 Wrote: I agree as I also prefer to set up my system myself without any extraneous junk.

I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but the way I see it is I don't feel like spending a bunch of time contributing to something I largely view as unnecessary beyond the purpose of an auto-tune for someone new. Right now there is sufficient material to give someone a comprehensive overview of the items PSTV can manage and play. If you view that as ignorance, laziness and greed so be it. I can only speak for myself and I can't really speculate as to why the entire community has by enlarge rejected the community list concept.

I recently discovered the community lists and how they tied into the autotune. My setup is done in a way that 1-500 will be my stations and 500+ will be the autotune stuff. I've also subscribed to get notifications when the community lists get updated with any new content just in case. Whenever I autotune my 1-500 never gets touched which I like. And if there is a channel that autotuned that I like I move it down to keep.

I personally haven't used any online streams but I plan to go through some of my video podcasts that I currently follow and add them as channels to the community lists when I have time. I've never really used youtube subscriptions but this opens up a new world to me too.

I was thinking it would be nice if there was a button on the channel or in the channel manager that you can click on to automatically add your channel to the community list. I know this would be a bit of a challenge to add but it would probably make people want to contribute a lot easier and will be a lot less complicated.
I looked on github and noticed that the development branch is 6 commits behind the master branch. I am confused. Isn't development supposed to be ahead (apart from when the master branch catches up every once in a while)?

Which branch should I be installing to have the latest features?

PS. I currently have the development branch installed but it was not self updating even though it was set to auto-update to the latest development. It was stuck on 0.5.4a for the longest time until I manually updated to 0.5.6 by installing from zip

I do not use the list while autotuning. I look up what channels I would like to add and edit my settings2 file. I enjoy sharing the channels I have found but they don't seem to be getting added to the list.

I have tried to add 2 RSS channels and 2 youtube playlists. They do not show up on the list tho. Is there some approval process that it needs to go through? Or am I doing it wrong. I click edit file at the top, then add my info, then click suggest patch. Is there something different I should do to add to the community list?
Just installed PseudoTVlive 0.5.6 on a Satellite STB with android 4.2.2 It already has XBMC gotham 3.1 on it my problem is everytime I setup channels for my Media off the hard drive I select save then go back out start up PTVL and it gives me error message saying no channels are found do you want to set it up. And it repeats the same again. Stuck in a loop Sad
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2014-11-18, 00:58)Rickt1962 Wrote: Just installed PseudoTVlive 0.5.6 on a Satellite STB with android 4.2.2 It already has XBMC gotham 3.1 on it my problem is everytime I setup channels for my Media off the hard drive I select save then go back out start up PTVL and it gives me error message saying no channels are found do you want to set it up. And it repeats the same again. Stuck in a loop Sad

you need to post a log if you need help. Where do you click save? I dont think I have ever seen a save button on PTVL.
Hello- looking for help with a bug I am experiencing, any channel I add of a TV Show, Movie, or Directory is just getting stuck, frozen with the "Loading Channel..." Overlay. The channel is playing beneath it, but controls do not function and the overlay does not go away.

Here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/X2zX18d2

There appears to be an exception thrown at the end, and it aligns with the Simpsons episode where I experienced the issue (I intentionally did this in a fresh session to show you in the log)

Have been using PTVL for some time now, first started experiencing this issue in 0.54a and still here in 0.56. My HDHomerun upnp channels are working just fine still, but I cannot seem to add any channels with media from my library or I experience this "Loading Channel..." overlay and unresponsive controls. Only way out is to force quit XBMC (on mac OS X 10.10)

I've tried clearing my XBMC video DB. I've tried clearing my settings2.xml and adding only 1 channel for 1 tv show- same bug. I've added back my HDHomerun and USTVNow channels, and they work fine.

Hopefully that log file has the answer, the exception is pretty clear.

Let me know if I can provide any further info to help debug the issue. Thanks for your time.

Unrelated side note questions, if you have the time:

-Do other users of free ustvNow experience extremely choppy and lag playback? I have 50MB download speed, but the free USTVNow is really poor- wondering if this is just the case with the free service or not?

-I use HDHomerun with an antenna for local tv. Sometimes my signal isn't always great. When I experience "hiccups", I get a lot of horrible audio artifacts and glitchy sounds. When the signal recovers, everything is fine. Now, when I watch the same UPNP HDHomerun channel through VLC, when it experiences signal issues, it does not give any audio artifacts or glitches, it just goes nicely quiet. Any idea what it is about PTVL that causes that issue? Since I can't guarantee my signal, I wish PTVL would handle the situation nicely like VLC appears to. Anything I can do?

I'm a developer, so I don't mind technical speak or instructions to tinker in code.

Thanks!
(2014-11-18, 03:20)orbosphere Wrote: Hello- looking for help with a bug I am experiencing, any channel I add of a TV Show, Movie, or Directory is just getting stuck, frozen with the "Loading Channel..." Overlay. The channel is playing beneath it, but controls do not function and the overlay does not go away.

Here is the log:

There appears to be an exception thrown at the end, and it aligns with the Simpsons episode where I experienced the issue (I intentionally did this in a fresh session to show you in the log)

Have been using PTVL for some time now, first started experiencing this issue in 0.54a and still here in 0.56. My HDHomerun upnp channels are working just fine still, but I cannot seem to add any channels with media from my library or I experience this "Loading Channel..." overlay and unresponsive controls. Only way out is to force quit XBMC (on mac OS X 10.10)

I've tried clearing my XBMC video DB. I've tried clearing my settings2.xml and adding only 1 channel for 1 tv show- same bug. I've added back my HDHomerun and USTVNow channels, and they work fine.

Let me know if I can provide any further info to help debug the issue. Thanks for your time.

-Do other users of free ustvNow experience extremely choppy and lag playback? I have 50MB download speed, but the free USTVNow is really poor- wondering if this is just the case with the free service or not?

-I use HDHomerun with an antenna for local tv. Sometimes my signal isn't always great. When I experience "hiccups", I get a lot of horrible audio artifacts and glitchy sounds. When the signal recovers, everything is fine. Now, when I watch the same UPNP HDHomerun channel through VLC, when it experiences signal issues, it does not give any audio artifacts or glitches, it just goes nicely quiet. Any idea what it is about PTVL that causes that issue? Since I can't guarantee my signal, I wish PTVL would handle the situation nicely like VLC appears to. Anything I can do?

I'm a developer, so I don't mind technical speak or instructions to tinker in code.

Thanks!

You have upnp sharing enabled, but you never configured its settings... This doesn't constitute as a bug Wink

Code:
18:55:42 T:4586934272  NOTICE: SendUPNP
18:55:42 T:4586934272  NOTICE: IP:9090
master/resources/lib/Overlay.py", line 921, in PlayUPNP
                                                UPNP1 = SendUPNP(IPP1, file, seektime)
                                              File "/Users/orbomac/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/upnp.py", line 70, in SendUPNP
                                                s.connect((xbmc_host, xbmc_port))
                                              File "<string>", line 1, in connect
                                            gaierror: (7, 'no address associated with hostname.')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-11-18, 00:50)Kalebbroo Wrote:

I do not use the list while autotuning. I look up what channels I would like to add and edit my settings2 file. I enjoy sharing the channels I have found but they don't seem to be getting added to the list.

I have tried to add 2 RSS channels and 2 youtube playlists. They do not show up on the list tho. Is there some approval process that it needs to go through? Or am I doing it wrong. I click edit file at the top, then add my info, then click suggest patch. Is there something different I should do to add to the community list?

I had the same problem at first. You have to get Luna to add your email (PM him) so you have edit privileges, then you log in with that email and the button that says "suggest patch" will then say "commit" instead and you will be able to directly edit the lists.
(2014-11-18, 03:48)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-11-18, 03:20)orbosphere Wrote: Hello- looking for help with a bug I am experiencing, any channel I add of a TV Show, Movie, or Directory is just getting stuck, frozen with the "Loading Channel..." Overlay. The channel is playing beneath it, but controls do not function and the overlay does not go away.

Here is the log:

Thanks!

You have upnp sharing enabled, but you never configured its settings... This doesn't constitute as a bug Wink

Code:
18:55:42 T:4586934272  NOTICE: SendUPNP
18:55:42 T:4586934272  NOTICE: IP:9090
master/resources/lib/Overlay.py", line 921, in PlayUPNP
                                                UPNP1 = SendUPNP(IPP1, file, seektime)
                                              File "/Users/orbomac/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/upnp.py", line 70, in SendUPNP
                                                s.connect((xbmc_host, xbmc_port))
                                              File "<string>", line 1, in connect
                                            gaierror: (7, 'no address associated with hostname.')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Great, thanks. Shut off upnp and I'm set. I should have been able to catch that myself. Perhaps the bug is a little defensive code around unset upnp settings? ;P

Thanks again!
(2014-11-17, 23:38)aptalca Wrote: I looked on github and noticed that the development branch is 6 commits behind the master branch. I am confused. Isn't development supposed to be ahead (apart from when the master branch catches up every once in a while)?

Which branch should I be installing to have the latest features?

PS. I currently have the development branch installed but it was not self updating even though it was set to auto-update to the latest development. It was stuck on 0.5.4a for the longest time until I manually updated to 0.5.6 by installing from zip
Am I on Luna's ignore list? How come he's always passing me over and answering the people below me Tongue
  • 486(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45