• 574(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2015-02-19, 14:19)lwsfs Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 06:01)amcfarla Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 00:21)Lunatixz Wrote: Thanks, I'll check it out.

This was a great find, I went through my settings2.xml file and every renamed channel had a space in front after the double quote. I removed the space and all the channel logos populated correctly. Thanks for posting the quick fix.

I cant find my settings2 xml file on a mac so I just put a space before the file name for the appropriate logos. Worked like a charm! Big Grin Big Grin
Userdata (wiki) for future reference
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-02-19, 13:13)xexe Wrote: Experimenting with this in win7 x64 (as I know OpenELEC will be an another hurdle ).

Only just realized I am using 14.0. Upgrading to 14.1 and starting again.

Update: I dug a bit deeper. The repo zip points to "http://raw.github.com/Lunatixz/XBMC_Addons/master/zips" which redirects you to "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Lunatixz/XBMC_Addons/master/zips" and promptly dumps you to a "Not Found" error.
For reference the exact same repo zip works in OpenELEC. I can only assume its something odd with my windows setup (althout to be fair Kodi is one of only about 10 things installed on it)
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
Keep in mind, a page back or so Luna mentioned things might be up and down while he migrates everything to a new site. So I would be willing to bet that is why you are having issues with the repository. Probably hasn't gotten the Windows files moved yet.
Ah sorry I must of missed that. New to this addon and 574 page thread is a somewhat long read.

Installing on OE. Taking a while on my old ION but thanks for assist

the repo is fine - something on your end is causing an issue.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Yes that is quite clear now although I have absolutely no idea what since they both use the sane DNS, proxy etc. I will investigate more now I have a working reference case

(2015-02-19, 16:27)xexe Wrote: Yes that is quite clear now although I have absolutely no idea what since they both use the sane DNS, proxy etc. I will investigate more now I have a working reference case

perhaps nice did you get this from a repo other than the official?

IMPORTANT:
Grabbed the zip from this thread OP which seems to come from the official github. Loads perfects with all dependencies on OpenELEC which frankly amazes me. I specifically tried this on windows because I wanted to see it working and expected OpenELEC to be a second hurdle. I dont actually use windows Kodi day to day only for testing.

I am probably going to have to abort my OE install as it is taking too long. 1.25 hours and updating channels only @ 6%. I can only assume this is a combination of MySQL, + atom CPU + very large library. Will throw some better hardware at it next time or perhaps leave it overnight.

(2015-02-19, 17:47)xexe Wrote: Grabbed the zip from this thread OP which seems to come from the official github. Loads perfects with all dependencies on OpenELEC which frankly amazes me. I specifically tried this on windows because I wanted to see it working and expected OpenELEC to be a second hurdle. I dont actually use windows Kodi day to day only for testing.

I am probably going to have to abort my OE install as it is taking too long. 1.25 hours and updating channels only @ 6%. I can only assume this is a combination of MySQL, + atom CPU + very large library. Will throw some better hardware at it next time or perhaps leave it overnight.
I get extremely slow channel builds also. About 35-45 minutes for maybe around 70 channels and that's on an i7 processor. So there's more to it than just your Atom.
(2015-02-19, 17:57)RockDawg Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 17:47)xexe Wrote: Grabbed the zip from this thread OP which seems to come from the official github. Loads perfects with all dependencies on OpenELEC which frankly amazes me. I specifically tried this on windows because I wanted to see it working and expected OpenELEC to be a second hurdle. I dont actually use windows Kodi day to day only for testing.

I get extremely slow channel builds also. About 35-45 minutes for maybe around 70 channels and that's on an i7 processor. So there's more to it than just your Atom.

Chtypes? you can always disable "Find missing guidedata" which greatly increases channel building.
Also make sure system cache and "Override Stream Validation" is enabled.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-02-18, 23:00)Lunatixz Wrote: Moving files to my new site, possible downloads and xmltv listings may go up and down for the next few weeks! Sorry for any inconvenience...

Thanks for the update.
Minor bug which shouldn't need a debug log unless I'm the only one experiencing it. When pausing OnDemand or local content channels, the Channel failed routine kicks in and changes the channel. Should be bypassed for a paused channel if possible to detect that. This is on latest 0.5.8e.
(2015-02-19, 18:04)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 17:57)RockDawg Wrote:

Chtypes? you can always disable "Find missing guidedata" which greatly increases channel building.

"Find missing guidedata" seems to be disabled by default, at least for me.

From a new user coming to this I would have preferred some quick start mode with a fast dataset to get a feel for it and then an option for full population later on. If the timings vs % estimates are correct my initial channel setup will take in the order 21 hours (foreground so taking Kodi usage offline)

(2015-02-19, 18:36)xexe Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 18:04)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 17:57)RockDawg Wrote: I get extremely slow channel builds also. About 35-45 minutes for maybe around 70 channels and that's on an i7 processor. So there's more to it than just your Atom.

"Find missing guidedata" seems to be disabled by default, at least for me.

From a new user coming to this I would have preferred some quick start mode with a fast dataset to get a feel for it and then an option for full population later on. If the timings vs % estimates are correct my initial channel setup will take in the order 21 hours (foreground so taking Kodi usage offline)

I've made a number of changes and removed some time consuming initial autotune channels.... BUT!

What all users should remember is auto tune will always be time consuming... PseudoTV Live can never know what you like and how you like it, so it generates everything. I added an Auto Tune filter to try and narrow things down by genre, and a media limit to reduce parsing times. As the Donor and Community list grows so will autotune parsing times...

I always recommend using the in-app channel manager to configure your channels. NOT Autotune...

BTW parsing times should never take as long as you are suggesting, there are many factors that might impact PTVL performance, read FAQ and troubleshoot...

My personal PTVL setup is prob., more complex than many of the standard setups, and after caching PTVL builds all 600 of my channels under 10 mins.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I dont mind time consuming but it seems with my library size (very very large) it gets bogged down. It just hit 10% so thats 4% more in 1.25 hours.

My problem is everyone is going to use "Auto" on their first try when literally everything about the addon is new to them hence my suggestions that some "quick try on first boot" makes sense. I freely admit though I am an edge case.

What I will do is remove that addon and start again this time not choosing autotune as it doesnt feel right for me to be commenting here on an addon ive never managed to get to the point of using yet.

• 574(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45