• 575(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I am getting an error when trying to open my Pseudo library ap . Anyone else having this problum ?
(2015-02-19, 19:58)xexe Wrote: I dont mind time consuming but it seems with my library size (very very large) it gets bogged down. It just hit 10% so thats 4% more in 1.25 hours.

My problem is everyone is going to use "Auto" on their first try when literally everything about the addon is new to them hence my suggestions that some "quick try on first boot" makes sense. I freely admit though I am an edge case.

What I will do is remove that addon and start again this time not choosing autotune as it doesnt feel right for me to be commenting here on an addon ive never managed to get to the point of using yet.

Hmm, I'm going to guess you didn't read my reply to you?...

Because this post does nothing more then repeat your initial complaint, it does not mention any of the possible remedies I suggested to you.

I'm guessing you aren't happy with the answers I gave you before? I reduced initial autotuning as you requested, and instructed you how to help troubleshoot why your parsing times are so long...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-02-19, 20:13)scooterboy952 Wrote: I am getting an error when trying to open my Pseudo library ap . Anyone else having this problum ?

Edit
Wrong thread.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-02-19, 20:20)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 19:58)xexe Wrote: I dont mind time consuming but it seems with my library size (very very large) it gets bogged down. It just hit 10% so thats 4% more in 1.25 hours.

My problem is everyone is going to use "Auto" on their first try when literally everything about the addon is new to them hence my suggestions that some "quick try on first boot" makes sense. I freely admit though I am an edge case.

What I will do is remove that addon and start again this time not choosing autotune as it doesnt feel right for me to be commenting here on an addon ive never managed to get to the point of using yet.

Hmm, I'm going to guess you didn't read my reply to you?...

Because this post does nothing more then repeat your initial complaint, it does not mention any of the possible remedies I suggested to you.

I'm guessing you aren't happy with the answers I gave you before? I reduced initial autotuning as you requested, and instructed you how to help troubleshoot why your parsing times are so long...

Sorry I must simply not be following what your saying. I have zero issues with the addon just saying I have no right to comment at all since I haven't made it run yet because the autotune option is very slow for me.

Keep in mind I have zero experience with the addon and every term you mention is completely new to me.

The way I read your post was that "I should not run autotune" but rather manually setup some sample channels which is what I am endevouring to do by removing and reinstalling (since as it stands it just keeps tryign to autotune). I have just cancelled auto tune at 19% as it would easily take all night at current rate.

Certainly my issue will be the large dbase I have
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
I have recently started to experience an issue where the EPG and Channels are create extremely slowly. In settop box mode with background loading on, it takes an hour maybe to load each channel. It was perfect before that, within the same verson of PTVL. I'm only just mentioning this because it MAY be something i did, some i'm still messing with things before I report an issue, but see'ing xexe mention it i thought it worth a mention. I'm 80% sure it's something i've changed on my system though.
(2015-02-19, 14:19)lwsfs Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 06:01)amcfarla Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 00:21)Lunatixz Wrote: Thanks, I'll check it out.

This was a great find, I went through my settings2.xml file and every renamed channel had a space in front after the double quote. I removed the space and all the channel logos populated correctly. Thanks for posting the quick fix.

I cant find my settings2 xml file on a mac so I just put a space before the file name for the appropriate logos. Worked like a charm! Big Grin Big Grin

if you go to this folder '/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata' and then go to the addon_data folder, then script.pseudotv.live folder and make sure pseudotv live is not running, open the settings2.xml file with text editor, and look for the lines ' <setting id="Channel_XXX_rule_1_opt_1" value=" logo name" /> and remove the space in front of the 'logo name.png' and then save the file. That should fix logo issues...in the future.
(2015-02-20, 01:00)amcfarla Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 14:19)lwsfs Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 06:01)amcfarla Wrote: This was a great find, I went through my settings2.xml file and every renamed channel had a space in front after the double quote. I removed the space and all the channel logos populated correctly. Thanks for posting the quick fix.

I cant find my settings2 xml file on a mac so I just put a space before the file name for the appropriate logos. Worked like a charm! Big Grin Big Grin

if you go to this folder '/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata' and then go to the addon_data folder, then script.pseudotv.live folder and make sure pseudotv live is not running, open the settings2.xml file with text editor, and look for the lines ' <setting id="Channel_XXX_rule_1_opt_1" value=" logo name" /> and remove the space in front of the 'logo name' and then save the file. That should fix logo issues...in the future.

is this issue only with in-app channel configurations? or do autotune channels also have spaces in front of name?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-02-20, 01:04)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 14:19)lwsfs Wrote: I cant find my settings2 xml file on a mac so I just put a space before the file name for the appropriate logos. Worked like a charm! Big Grin Big Grin

if you go to this folder '/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata' and then go to the addon_data folder, then script.pseudotv.live folder and make sure pseudotv live is not running, open the settings2.xml file with text editor, and look for the lines ' <setting id="Channel_XXX_rule_1_opt_1" value=" logo name" /> and remove the space in front of the 'logo name' and then save the file. That should fix logo issues...in the future.

is this issue only with in-app channel configurations? or do autotune channels also have spaces in front of name?

At the moment I don't have any auto tuned channels, the only channels I have were built via the Channel Configuration. So I am unable to verfiy if this happens on auto tuned channels.
I would like to know if any one can help me stop the youtube channels from loading. I removed all entries in the settings.xml put they keep reloading.
(2015-02-20, 01:04)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 14:19)lwsfs Wrote: I cant find my settings2 xml file on a mac so I just put a space before the file name for the appropriate logos. Worked like a charm! Big Grin Big Grin

First off, thanks to the people who pointed me to where to find the settings2 file. Much appreciated.

Autotune channels that have not been renamed do not have spaces in front of their name and their logos load as expected.

Autotune channels that have been renamed have the space in front.
(2015-02-19, 18:04)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 17:57)RockDawg Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 17:47)xexe Wrote: Grabbed the zip from this thread OP which seems to come from the official github. Loads perfects with all dependencies on OpenELEC which frankly amazes me. I specifically tried this on windows because I wanted to see it working and expected OpenELEC to be a second hurdle. I dont actually use windows Kodi day to day only for testing.

I am probably going to have to abort my OE install as it is taking too long. 1.25 hours and updating channels only @ 6%. I can only assume this is a combination of MySQL, + atom CPU + very large library. Will throw some better hardware at it next time or perhaps leave it overnight.
I get extremely slow channel builds also. About 35-45 minutes for maybe around 70 channels and that's on an i7 processor. So there's more to it than just your Atom.

Chtypes? you can always disable "Find missing guidedata" which greatly increases channel building.
Also make sure system cache and "Override Stream Validation" is enabled.

I'm not familiar with the different channel types like you guys talk about. All channels are based off local content and I don't use autotune or any of the internet/Youtube channels. The vast majority are based on just tv show name or movie genre, but I do have a few that are based off smart playlists and a couple use channel interleaving. The thing for me is that I haven't changed my channel configuration in some time and it used to be much quicker on much less hardware (Ion). I never had a need to time it before but I'd say 5-8 minutes to build all channels. It also seems like when Time Between Channel Resets was set to auto it would usually only reset a couple channels on each start up. Nowadays it seems to reset most or all. Everything just seemed much faster on Gotham and/or the older PSTVL builds. Find Missing GuideData is off, Cache is enabled. I don;t have Override Stream Validation enabled as I thought that was for the internet channels.
I found in PseudoTV Live setting the option to choose which channels to autotune. When I choose "Find USTVnow" an error comes up behind the autotune screen and shows that "you talkin' to me?~taxi driver" caused an error. When I go to the USTVnow add-on I don't have this issue.
(2015-02-20, 02:55)reekotubbs Wrote: I found in PseudoTV Live setting the option to choose which channels to autotune. When I choose "Find USTVnow" an error comes up behind the autotune screen and shows that "you talkin' to me?~taxi driver" caused an error. When I go to the USTVnow add-on I don't have this issue.

You need to read page one. There's no log so there's no chance at all of helping you. Since you havn't posted your issue properly I imagine you may have missed the part on page one that also says you need to use Luna's version of USTVnow? If so try that version.
Sorry again, still trying to figure out how to get PTVL to detect USTVnow channels that are not currently live/subscribed to.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!
(2015-02-20, 03:56)Reb313 Wrote: Sorry again, still trying to figure out how to get PTVL to detect USTVnow channels that are not currently live/subscribed to.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Just remove them...?
  • 575(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45