[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2015-06-04, 02:20)mnjm9b Wrote:
(2015-06-04, 01:44)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-06-04, 01:35)mnjm9b Wrote: Um.... I don't think you understand....

The problem is not anything I can fix....
it isn't on my end...

I have ran traceroutes from many different locations and MOST timeout when trying to connect to Pseudotvlive.com

also fails to connect (or even ping) the ip address directly bypassing any use of any DNS

so changing DNS has no effect on solving the problem.

I am sure I am not the only one with this issue...

it was random before... but I knew that everytime it fails to activate donor then I could be sure that entering "www.pseudotvlive.com" into my browser would time out.

but Now it is constant...

I tried everything you and bry suggested and even looked into this much further than I care to...

if you choose to believe that this is OFF-Topic then so be it

But this has NOTHING to do with my DNS settings.

Sure it does, lol... DNS resolves network addresses.

My server isn't down, and although I haven't found why there is an issue with some ppl, including myself when connecting to the site...
I can assure you that the server is up, and you can certainly fix the issue and get it working on your end.

You can begin by following the instructions posted here : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2018425

If you are running a router or managed switch between your modem... and need further proof it can be fixed on your end... just connect your PC directly to the modem.
www.pseudotvlive.com should load fine...

OK....

First of all.... I must admit I know enough about Networking to get me into trouble so you are probably right...LOL

I know a TON about computers but Networking has always been hit or Miss...

I have always been told that if I knew the IP address of the website and entered the numbers instead of the "name.com" then it bypassed the DNS (Domain Name System)
But that could be wrongHuh

Also, I must admit I didn't follow the suggestion to clone the MAC address...
Because that seemed to fix it (for nowHuh?)

although I would love an explanation on why that would matter for only pseudotvlive.com

anyway, you are right this is probably off-topic.

Thanks
and as always....you are awesome!!!

PS. Next release should be equally as awesome!!!! favorites yeah!!!

No problem... at least you are benefiting from instructions... I had to figure this out on my own (was pulling the hair out of my head)...
Changing the MAC was the last thing I thought of and it worked... My conclusion is that its an issue with the routers iptables. Why? I don't know...

My server guy is looking into it... but we are a minority, most users have no problems connecting...

BTW: Changelog preview, to hold u over til friday's release.
Code:
[*] NEW! "Direct Channel Input" setting under "Tweaks". When enabled users are no longer required to hit select after inputting a channel number.
[*] NEW! EPG Menus (EPG/DVR/OnDemand/Apps), Accessed using "Red","Green","Yellow" or "Blue" remote keys. Work In Progress: Only available when PTVL Debugging enabled
[*] NEW! Channel Favourites, Set/Remove Favourites from overlay sidebar, Favourite channel jumping requires mapping "ACTION_SYMBOLS".
[*] In-app channel manager resized and tweaked, LiveTV/InternetTV EPG can't be "paused".
[*] NEW! EPG Context Menu: More Info, Find similar (Coming Soon), Record Show (Coming Soon), Set Reminder (Coming Soon).
[*] NEW! Start Over prompt when a show is 1/2 through show duration.
[*] NEW! EPG RSS Push feed, Displayed once every 15mins on/off during a 60min period. Disabled on startup, it can provide you with instant PTVL Status, Repository activity, twitter posts.
[*] NEW! Direct EPG navigation via channel number. [Experimental]
[*] NEW! "Quickflip"feature under "Tweaks". When enabled, On startup and while flipping thru channels PTVL will ignore .strms & chtype 15 "Plugin" sources in favour of flipping performance.
    Channels will be skipped; effectively bypassing channels with long load times. creating a smoother surfing experience. Strms & Plugins can still be loaded via EPG. [Experimental]
[*] Heavy "PTVL" skin tweaking and added enhancements. Goal is to create a very detailed skin base for future skinners to use as a guide.
[*] NEW! "Dynamic" EPG Timebar and past event fading...
[*] NEW! Overlay menu "MoreInfo". Activate from overlay using context button. Click "Back", "Close" or the context button again to exit.
[*] Various tweaks & bug corrections.
[*] Added EPG/Overlay Artwork multi-threading, this should improve performance. Artwork is disable until channel building is finished only when background building is enabled.
    Current build no longer needs the "Artwork Spooler" all artwork is queued/downloaded on demand. [Experimental]
[*] Youtube fixed, but not 100% of all features restored... Not working: Search, RawGdata, User Subs&Favs and Last.FM.
[*] Default skin changed to "PTVL" and upgraded to 1080i.
[*] All Skins temporarily removed, include "Custom" Option.
[*] [COLOR=blue][B]^ v.0.6.2 ^[/B][/COLOR]
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [FORK] - by jcaa6479 - 2013-07-16, 23:25
Re: RE: - by bry - 2013-07-19, 08:42
Audio Muting Consistently ? - by gjwAudio - 2013-08-18, 08:25
PTVL Anomalies... - by gjwAudio - 2013-08-25, 01:15
Help Find The BAD Channel... - by gjwAudio - 2013-08-27, 02:12
RE: - by DLWhittet - 2013-10-13, 02:48
Problems with Pseudo TV Live - by media-mogul - 2013-11-07, 22:45
Setup wifi cam stream - by rebelmaveric19 - 2013-12-12, 00:54
Black Screen - by Antisthenes - 2014-03-03, 02:06
RE: [FORK] - by Lunatixz - 2014-03-25, 18:21
Re: RE: - by Lunatixz - 2014-04-26, 17:10
Update breaks autostart? - by grumpygamer - 2014-07-12, 11:48
Re: RE: Update breaks autostart? - by bry - 2014-07-12, 13:44
PseudoTV Live + HDHomerun Tutorial - by bry - 2014-07-25, 23:17
RE: [FORK] - by tromy - 2014-09-22, 19:14
Custom Live Channel - by GavinCampbell - 2014-11-01, 18:20
Options menu? - by Pendragon445 - 2014-11-02, 20:23
Prevent Stop Button - by GavinCampbell - 2014-11-13, 22:45
RE: [FORK] - by herpkektop - 2015-02-11, 11:22
RE: [FORK] - by herpkektop - 2015-02-11, 17:55
PseudoTv issue - by adamp237 - 2015-03-02, 03:41
No Guide - Android Arm - by MoRbIdBoY - 2015-03-14, 20:26
Chanel Issues - by BlueKalel - 2015-05-03, 07:23
RE: PseudoTV Live w/ LiveTV, InternetTV and added Strm Support - by Lunatixz - 2015-06-04, 02:25
RE: donation - by gkithes - 2015-06-11, 02:27
RE: donation - by bornagainpenguin - 2015-06-11, 03:55
Channel Sharing Feature Freezing - by RORO-RR - 2015-07-11, 18:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45