• 656(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Trying to install, no luck... keeps saying "Add-on does not have the correct structure". I've tried the zips on XBMC_ADDONS, I've tried the Lunatixz Repo (nothing will download).
(2015-07-11, 02:42)bitterkitten Wrote:
(2015-07-11, 01:54)ryanmcclure Wrote: Just noticed that USTVNow won't upgrade to 10.0.1. I think the file isn't named correctly on Github. The repo points to:

http://raw.github.com/Lunatixz/XBMC_Addo...10.0.1.zip

But the file in the directory (which I opened and contains USTVNow) is named:

http://raw.github.com/Lunatixz/XBMC_Addo...10.0.1.zip

In case people are confused as to what's going on with USTVNow, that's what it is Smile

I was able to change the filename and install thanks to this. But when I put in my paid subscription info, only the free channels populate. Thanks Ryan and thanks Luna!

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see the premium subscription option in the addon settings. Works perfectly! Fixed just before my cranky six year old comes home, Thanks!
Since you have a premium subscription, can you tell me if captioning can be enabled? I asked them and was told this was a premium feature.
(2015-07-11, 02:56)Resuwen Wrote: Trying to install, no luck... keeps saying "Add-on does not have the correct structure". I've tried the zips on XBMC_ADDONS, I've tried the Lunatixz Repo (nothing will download).

Can you post a log? Also, only use the Lunatixz Repo for PTVL
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
Quote:Since you have a premium subscription, can you tell me if captioning can be enabled? I asked them and was told this was a premium feature.

I didn't want to clog the forum, so I sent you a PM.
Brevity should never equate to rudeness.
(2015-07-11, 02:56)Resuwen Wrote: Trying to install, no luck... keeps saying "Add-on does not have the correct structure". I've tried the zips on XBMC_ADDONS, I've tried the Lunatixz Repo (nothing will download).

fixing now update will be PTVL v.0.6.4
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I'm a newbie that downloaded this a few days ago and have been playing around and getting familiar with it so i apologize if my question sounds dumb lol... just a quick question if you don't mind.

I'm thinking about buying the PlayOn service, i see that PlayOn can be intergrated into PseudoTVLive and it offers a wide range of different channels. So let's say that i wanted to program "Channel 57" on PseudoTVLive to play "Cartoon Network" from the PlayOn service, is this possible?

thanks for the help
(2015-07-11, 06:15)Iceman03 Wrote: I'm a newbie that downloaded this a few days ago and have been playing around and getting familiar with it so i apologize if my question sounds dumb lol... just a quick question if you don't mind.

I'm thinking about buying the PlayOn service, i see that PlayOn can be intergrated into PseudoTVLive and it offers a wide range of different channels. So let's say that i wanted to program "Channel 57" on PseudoTVLive to play "Cartoon Network" from the PlayOn service, is this possible?

thanks for the help

if you use my referral link in post 1 to buy your service Wink and playon offers Cartoon network access, then the answer is yes.
(2015-07-11, 06:25)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-07-11, 06:15)Iceman03 Wrote: I'm a newbie that downloaded this a few days ago and have been playing around and getting familiar with it so i apologize if my question sounds dumb lol... just a quick question if you don't mind.

thanks for the help

if you use my referral link in post 1 to buy your service Wink and playon offers Cartoon network access, then the answer is yes.

Yep, once i'm ready i'll make sure to buy it from your referral link, will donate as well... just wanted to make sure before i start planning out my channel lineup.

thanks dude
Hey Luna, have you seen this? WeTek has created an OpenELEC box: http://openelec.tv/openelec-box

Here are the specs:

Processor (CPU): AMLogic AML-8726 MX (1.5 GHz Dual Core)
GPU: Mali MP400 (Dual Core)
RAM Memory: 1GB DDR III
Flash memory: 4GB NAND

I'm contemplating upgrading from my RPi to a new device. I've been leaning toward a RPi2, but this looks promising. What do you personally think of those specs for running Kodi and, more importantly, PTVL?
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
(2015-07-11, 09:21)ryanmcclure Wrote: Hey Luna, have you seen this? WeTek has created an OpenELEC box: http://openelec.tv/openelec-box

Here are the specs:

I'm contemplating upgrading from my RPi to a new device. I've been leaning toward a RPi2, but this looks promising. What do you personally think of those specs for running Kodi and, more importantly, PTVL?

How would this work with a personal library of movies, shows, etc? I'm assuming all that would go on a separate external harddrive and connected via USB?
(2015-07-11, 09:21)ryanmcclure Wrote: Hey Luna, have you seen this? WeTek has created an OpenELEC box: http://openelec.tv/openelec-box

Here are the specs:

Yes I've seen them... But in all honesty I do not own a testing device. So I can't guarantee performance or function. I'd hold off on Wetek purchases till I can get my hands on one.
(2015-07-11, 10:39)Iceman03 Wrote:

Here are the specs:

How would this work with a personal library of movies, shows, etc? I'm assuming all that would go on a separate external harddrive and connected via USB?

That's one way, another would be network shares (NFS, etc.)
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
yep... donor activation is definitely broke on all my devices. (1 windows, 2 linux and 2 android)

I have done everything I can think of...
including complete wipe of kodi and install from scratch.

not sure if you got a chance to look at my log I sent?
let me know if you need another.
When using the channel sharing feature the EPG freezes momentarily when scrolling through channels and it also is sometimes delayed whenever I attempt to exit the EPG and return the program I am watching or select a different channel.

This only occurs when I use the channel sharing feature (both on lite and pseudotv live).

I figured out that it was due to the channel sharing feature by disabling that option on one of the kodi boxes and then copying the same settings2.xml file that I was initially sharing locally to the specific kodi machine.

Once the file is stored locally and not being shared it solves the freezing issue and works perfectly.

I am never running more than one Kodi device / pseudotv

I am trying to figure out the reason for the EPG freezing momentarily when scrolling through channels

Would the log file show this?

If not how do I diagnose the problem?

Here is my setup

• Windows 7 machine running mySQL syncing my library and playback across 5 different amazon fire tv machines. (windows experience score of 7.2, SSD hard drive stores all Kodi information, movies + tv stored on an external Usb 3.0 HD) gigabit wired network.
• Kodi 14.2 installed
• Latest .64 Pseudo TV live installed. w/ Channel Sharing enabled
• All PseudoTV channels are created from files stored on the windows 7 machine based on Movie Genre and TV show programming no internet/youtube/plugin generated channels
• Roughly 40 channels total are currently being used.
• Settings2 file stored and shared from Windows 7 machine in the default location
• Gigabit wired network to all devices
I tried one more thing...

I had a full kodi backup that had ptvl 0.6.2a
and just to see I tried it without upgrading...

Donor activation and features work great.
it still randomly needs reactivation, but at least it works.

when I get a chance I will go through all the commits on github
and figure out what changed after 6.2a that is preventing Donor
access from working.
  • 656(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45