• 657(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2015-07-11, 20:33)mnjm9b Wrote: I tried one more thing...

I had a full kodi backup that had ptvl 0.6.2a
and just to see I tried it without upgrading...

Donor activation and features work great.
it still randomly needs reactivation, but at least it works.

when I get a chance I will go through all the commits on github
and figure out what changed after 6.2a that is preventing Donor
access from working.
Fix in next update
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-07-09, 21:49)kazak Wrote: Has anyone had issues with PTVL using metadata for channel type "TV Show"? I scraped all my local content automatically using TVDB all default setting and Kodi finds all descriptions and fan art and episode images just fine but PTVL doesn't use them or can't find them for the information bar or the extendedinfo section under "now watching". How can I tell PTV to use the metadata that's there and identify the show?

Good question. I have the exact same issue, still hoping for a solution. Will repost on the bug reports thread tomorrow.
Can anyone tell me what the "NBS" channel is on USATVNow? I've tried googling it but Google insists I must mean NBC and continues to alter the search.
(2015-07-12, 02:17)bornagainpengui Wrote: Can anyone tell me what the "NBS" channel is on USATVNow? I've tried googling it but Google insists I must mean NBC and continues to alter the search.

It's a typo, should be NBC... I'll fix by next USTVnow update.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-07-12, 03:30)Lunatixz Wrote: It's a typo, should be NBC... I'll fix by next USTVnow update.

That's good to know, I was losing my mind trying to match it when PTVL kept asking for me to match it up...
(2015-07-11, 17:47)ryanmcclure Wrote:
(2015-07-11, 10:39)Iceman03 Wrote:
(2015-07-11, 09:21)ryanmcclure Wrote: Hey Luna, have you seen this? WeTek has created an OpenELEC box: http://openelec.tv/openelec-box

Here are the specs:

Processor (CPU): AMLogic AML-8726 MX (1.5 GHz Dual Core)
GPU: Mali MP400 (Dual Core)
RAM Memory: 1GB DDR III
Flash memory: 4GB NAND

I'm contemplating upgrading from my RPi to a new device. I've been leaning toward a RPi2, but this looks promising. What do you personally think of those specs for running Kodi and, more importantly, PTVL?

How would this work with a personal library of movies, shows, etc? I'm assuming all that would go on a separate external harddrive and connected via USB?

That's one way, another would be network shares (NFS, etc.)

I've switched over to RPi2's with OSMC for the snappy and quick interface/skin as for my media manager, I use Emby all the way. It's like Plex, except it works into Kodi seamlessly, putting all media on your media server into your kodi libraries for every device connected to your Emby server. Even better is that my parents can watch every movie/tv show in my Emby collection on their Samsung BluRay at their house. My sister and her husband can watch it
on an HTPC I built them from their house... Stream your files anywhere Smile
(2015-07-12, 01:32)dfdeath Wrote:
(2015-07-09, 21:49)kazak Wrote: Has anyone had issues with PTVL using metadata for channel type "TV Show"? I scraped all my local content automatically using TVDB all default setting and Kodi finds all descriptions and fan art and episode images just fine but PTVL doesn't use them or can't find them for the information bar or the extendedinfo section under "now watching". How can I tell PTV to use the metadata that's there and identify the show?

Good question. I have the exact same issue, still hoping for a solution. Will repost on the bug reports thread tomorrow.

found same thing here

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=1570438

and here

http://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc/comments/2d...rk_in_epg/

seems like all channels aren't loaded? I only have 8 at the moment with a max of 25 videos allowed per show--and I've waited a long time. I've also selected use local for metadata for the artwork addon but that didn't fixit. The only thing I can think of is the channels never actually reach 100% in the background, it must just hang. I've had some issues with PTVL locking up and not exiting when I exit PTVL causing Kodi to crash. It continually says I need to update to the new version everytime I open it within the same session.

Kodi needs a task manager for background processes. I'm always scared to update my channels or PTVL because it's so delicate. When it works, it's damn beautiful and the only thing making me use Kodi, I don't need anything else. Just don't look at it wrong when you click it.

But if this is something other people are encountering perhaps it should be moved to the bugs thread.
(2015-07-11, 16:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-07-11, 09:21)ryanmcclure Wrote: Hey Luna, have you seen this? WeTek has created an OpenELEC box: http://openelec.tv/openelec-box

Here are the specs:

Processor (CPU): AMLogic AML-8726 MX (1.5 GHz Dual Core)
GPU: Mali MP400 (Dual Core)
RAM Memory: 1GB DDR III
Flash memory: 4GB NAND

I'm contemplating upgrading from my RPi to a new device. I've been leaning toward a RPi2, but this looks promising. What do you personally think of those specs for running Kodi and, more importantly, PTVL?
Yes I've seen them... But in all honesty I do not own a testing device. So I can't guarantee performance or function. I'd hold off on Wetek purchases till I can get my hands on one.

Just out of curiousity--is there a reason that PTVL wouldn't perform well on a particular platform for reasons other than specs?
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
How comes PTVL now requires Vimeo, Playon Browser and USTVNow be installed? I don't use Vimeo or Playon, I don't particularly want them installed, but without changing the addons.xml file I can't remove them? Is there a reason for this?

EDIT: Also, I noticed that a lot of my USTVNow channels have stopped working in PTVL. Is this because of channel name changes in the plugin? I tried changing them to the new names but it still didn't work, so this:

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.ustvnow/?mode=play&name=Fox News Channel

became this:

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.ustvnow/?mode=play&name=FNC

but this still didn't work. Have I missed something? I've gone back a few pages but can't seem to see anything related to it.
(2015-07-12, 15:09)RayW1986 Wrote: How comes PTVL now requires Vimeo, Playon Browser and USTVNow be installed? I don't use Vimeo or Playon, I don't particularly want them installed, but without changing the addons.xml file I can't remove them? Is there a reason for this?

EDIT: Also, I noticed that a lot of my USTVNow channels have stopped working in PTVL. Is this because of channel name changes in the plugin? I tried changing them to the new names but it still didn't work, so this:

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.ustvnow/?mode=play&name=Fox News Channel

became this:

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.ustvnow/?mode=play&name=FNC

but this still didn't work. Have I missed something? I've gone back a few pages but can't seem to see anything related to it.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Channel name because I was able to use add all of my USTVnow channels and they worked. But the next day, they stopped working. I went back into the channel configuration tool and found that the links for the channels are changing. Once I re-did my channels again, everything was working properly. They've stopped working again today and I'm feeling lazy so I'll just use the USTV addon for now. USTVnow must be changing their channel links daily now.
Brevity should never equate to rudeness.
Could someone help me with Best-Effort Channel Scheduling?

I have the following setup:
AdultSwim on channel 77
CartoonNetwork on channel 78

The intent is to have the AdultSwim channel NOT show up in the EPG, and only have it play on channel 78 starting at 9 PM every night.

Channel Number: 77
Days of the Week UMTWHFS
Time: 21:00
Episode Count: 20
Starting Episode: 136 (? this seems to randomly change)
Starting Date: 14/07/2015 (? Not what I entered, this seems to randomly change as well)

Here is a snippet from my settings2.xml (Note that this is from the very end of the file):

Code:
<setting id="Channel_78_type" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_1" value="special://profile/playlists/video/CartoonNetwork.xsp" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rulecount" value="4" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_1_opt_1" value="CartoonNetwork" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_2_id" value="17" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_2_opt_1" value="No" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_3_id" value="15" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_3_opt_1" value="Yes" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_type" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_1" value="special://profile/playlists/video/AdultSwim.xsp" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_rule_1_id" value="17" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_rule_1_opt_1" value="No" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_rule_2_id" value="5" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_4_id" value="3" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_4_opt_1" value="77" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_4_opt_2" value="UMTWHFS" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_4_opt_3" value="21:00" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_4_opt_4" value="20" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_4_opt_5" value="136" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_4_opt_6" value="14/07/2015" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_lastscheduled" value="137" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_2" value="" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_3" value="" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_4" value="" />

Now for some reason, when I put in the start date, it always changes the start date after I save it, and the starting episode (which I assume should be set to "1", I'm not sure as documentation on this particular feature seems scant) gets randomized to some other odd number.

How can I get this feature to work? This is a fully updated OpenELEC Kodi install using PTVL 0.6.4.

Thanks.
(2015-07-12, 21:38)digimars Wrote: Could someone help me with Best-Effort Channel Scheduling?

I have the following setup:
AdultSwim on channel 77
CartoonNetwork on channel 78

The intent is to have the AdultSwim channel NOT show up in the EPG, and only have it play on channel 78 starting at 9 PM every night.

Channel Number: 77
Days of the Week UMTWHFS
Time: 21:00
Episode Count: 20
Starting Episode: 136 (? this seems to randomly change)
Starting Date: 14/07/2015 (? Not what I entered, this seems to randomly change as well)

Here is a snippet from my settings2.xml (Note that this is from the very end of the file):

Code:
<setting id="Channel_78_type" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_1" value="special://profile/playlists/video/CartoonNetwork.xsp" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rulecount" value="4" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_1_opt_1" value="CartoonNetwork" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_2_id" value="17" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_2_opt_1" value="No" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_3_id" value="15" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_3_opt_1" value="Yes" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_type" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_1" value="special://profile/playlists/video/AdultSwim.xsp" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_rule_1_id" value="17" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_rule_1_opt_1" value="No" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_rule_2_id" value="5" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_4_id" value="3" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_4_opt_1" value="77" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_4_opt_2" value="UMTWHFS" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_4_opt_3" value="21:00" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_4_opt_4" value="20" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_4_opt_5" value="136" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_rule_4_opt_6" value="14/07/2015" />
    <setting id="Channel_78_lastscheduled" value="137" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_2" value="" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_3" value="" />
    <setting id="Channel_77_4" value="" />

Now for some reason, when I put in the start date, it always changes the start date after I save it, and the starting episode (which I assume should be set to "1", I'm not sure as documentation on this particular feature seems scant) gets randomized to some other odd number.

How can I get this feature to work? This is a fully updated OpenELEC Kodi install using PTVL 0.6.4.

Thanks.

I don't know if this does anything, but I'd recommend moving your channel 77 and 78 lines together. They're kind of broken up. I'm not sure if that could cause a problem, but it's worth a shot.
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
Luna, I just ordered the OpenELEC WeTek box. If I may, I'd like to use it to test PTVL on the platform. If it doesn't work, I still at least have a new HTPC (to replace my slowly decaying RPi B). This way you don't have to get your hands on one to see if it works. I'd like to try to give back to the PTVL community any way I can.
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
Hey Luna,
couple of features i would like to see in PSTL:

1. when creating a live tv channel from plugin, the channel manager resolve the link/feed, its good in some cases but for free iptv services its usually a problem beacuse the link is changing every day or two, maybe a pointer like in "plugin type" can be done.
2. when my kids watch their movies channel, they like to press "i" and then "right arrow" to see the next movies (they look at the artwork and doesnt read the text), sometimes they can move 20 movies ahead until they find what they want, the problem is they cannot press "enter" to start the movie, the should close the info and start pressing ">" 20 times.
3. sometimes, something happen to the settings file and pstl ask to autotune, usually when it happends to my kids or wife they restart kodi and same shit happends again, but now the settings2 backup also gets deleted, im keeping a backup outside the folder but for the rest maybe its better to let the user choose how many backups to keep.
4. bring back "on demand"! i hate closing PSTL to find a "special request".

thanks.
(2015-07-13, 15:52)hasamba Wrote: Hey Luna,
couple of features i would like to see in PSTL:

1. when creating a live tv channel from plugin, the channel manager resolve the link/feed, its good in some cases but for free iptv services its usually a problem beacuse the link is changing every day or two, maybe a pointer like in "plugin type" can be done.
2. when my kids watch their movies channel, they like to press "i" and then "right arrow" to see the next movies (they look at the artwork and doesnt read the text), sometimes they can move 20 movies ahead until they find what they want, the problem is they cannot press "enter" to start the movie, the should close the info and start pressing ">" 20 times.
3. sometimes, something happen to the settings file and pstl ask to autotune, usually when it happends to my kids or wife they restart kodi and same shit happends again, but now the settings2 backup also gets deleted, im keeping a backup outside the folder but for the rest maybe its better to let the user choose how many backups to keep.
4. bring back "on demand"! i hate closing PSTL to find a "special request".

thanks.

I second 2 and 4.
  • 657(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45