MK808 Stick
Hey! I'm interested in buying one of these Android MK808 sticks, my budget is only £50 atm. Will xbmc run on this? Do I just download the apk file from the offical site and install it?

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Not sure if the 1080 issues with rockchips has been dealt with, and I would avoid "stick" android boxes, because they don't have wired ethernet and the internal wifi is horrible.
Anything you recommend?
Not really reccomend . I have one MK808 and it has many issues (even on custom roms, Finless 1.7. or 2.1).. including wifi problems, no rockship suport with Hardware Acceleration etc... I would recommend.. just buy any stick on Amlogic M3 or M6 (MX), it has the same price but will work much better and also could come with IR remote!!!
I've a MK808B and xbmc runs on it very well!
It's true, the wifi is not so strong, but I can see stream movies and tv series without any problem.
I've tryed some HD file (720p) and there's some problem, probabily due to the poor wifi. I don't think the problem is the processor or the gpu...
It seems the wifi problem is solved with a wifi repeater (about 25-30 EUR).

I've payd about 58EUR with the RC12 remote included.
Arrived in about 3 days from Hong Kong to Italy (with DHL).

Bye!
The MK809iii is a much improved product. It has improved WiFi and numerous videos on YouTube show it working with XMBC. You can get a Mk809iii for £47.50 off eBay

Back to the question though. What is the process to install??
(2013-07-24, 15:24)sparksy01 Wrote: Back to the question though. What is the process to install??

It is straight forward.

1. copy XBMC file onto the stick
2. Use ASTRO file manager to 'install'
3. DONE!
Get a Sumvision Cyclone X2 £60. Its a clone of the Geniatech ATV1200, great little box
ive got mk808b and youtube playback and tv portal is fine...all good
it runs smooth without too much lag...only sometime i have lag when the mouse is near the soft button, only for a sec..i can live with that....
ive got xbmc official frodo and is smooth..these guys do some great work.

i will be selling my mk808b soon ...its only few days old..selling on ebay so get intouch.
(2013-08-15, 19:03)tigerchilly Wrote: ive got mk808b and youtube playback and tv portal is fine...all good
it runs smooth without too much lag...only sometime i have lag when the mouse is near the soft button, only for a sec..i can live with that....
ive got xbmc official frodo and is smooth..these guys do some great work.

i will be selling my mk808b soon ...its only few days old..selling on ebay so get intouch.

So first you praise the device and then say you are selling it. Lol Rofl
hahah yh i know ....its because im getting my gta5 soon so that will keep me occupied..
plus if im going to us android media centeres I'll be buying the minix x7 when it's available.

technology has come so far since the last time i was locked away like an animal..
im new to all this...so if you ever see me posting dumb questions please dont mind.lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MK808 Stick0