Copying usedata folder from Ubuntu to Windows, question on library
Hi All.

I have a pretty big library and would rather not have to use bandwidth and re-download all of the art, etc. I have a copy of my userdata folder backed up, however in Ubuntu the source was set to /nfs/Movies/. If I copy this to Windows this will not work, is there a way I can make it think that's the source or possibly mass change all of the source paths at once?
Export the the library in video settings to a single file, change the path in the backup file and import into your windows machine.
Unfortunately my Ubuntu box has completely died and I am trying to use my last userdata folder backup. Am I out of luck in this case?
You could possibly edit the database by hand but I'm unsure of this.

Can you put the Ubuntu HDD into another computer? There's a good chance it will boot. Or is the actual install dead?

Or maybe try a xbmcbuntu live disc and copy over the user data folder and then export.
Path subs (wiki) should work for a quick fix.
(2013-07-24, 05:03)Ned Scott Wrote: Path subs (wiki) should work for a quick fix.

Thanks, this seems to have worked. Should I change the source to point to the correct Windows location and just allow the path subs to take care of the older entries, or will this mess things up?

Also, I will look into the issue more tomorrow but for some reason when I hit enter on a movie it plays it right away even though in the settings it is set to show information. Its working fine for TV Shows but not Moves.
With path subs, you'll want XBMC to believe that everything is just as it was on the Windows set up, since you'll get duplicates otherwise.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copying usedata folder from Ubuntu to Windows, question on library0