• 14(current)
HEVC (also known as h.265) - Review
Yes, work fine

Image,

Thanks team for great work.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
I'd love to test a Windows version of that. Smile Not likely to make use of it for anything but benchmarking, but still curious. Smile
Did you see a difference between the HEVC and the x264 version Wanilton?
(2014-02-16, 02:01)DJ_Izumi Wrote: I'd love to test a Windows version of that. Smile Not likely to make use of it for anything but benchmarking, but still curious. Smile
We look forward to your testing!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
sorry, I don´t have intention in liberate version with it, need more tests, work in my pc, but fail when try play same video file in Zotac AD-12. Other detail I customize, with many changes, include interface in Portuguese (Brazil).

About difference, nothing in special, only in file size...quality is better now because ffmpeg have many fixes.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2014-02-16, 21:50)nickr Wrote: We look forward to your testing!

Can't tell if sarcastic or not...
Just a hint to do the compile...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-02-16, 22:54)nickr Wrote: Just a hint to do the compile...

Yeah, compiling isn't my thing. It's well out of my skillset Tongue I don't mean to be greedy, but if anyone does compile a Windows version with multi-threaded I'd love to test it out on a few different sets of hardware to see just how much 'big iron' it'll need in various situations. Skill wise, I'm more into visual effects and compositing, so the best 'contribution' I can make towards XBMC is towards the media it plays back. Smile
Yeah I understand it ain't particularly easy on windows anyway!

Personally I am going to wait until fernetmenta's ppa repo has caught up, so I guess I am a bit hypocritical in saying "compile it and see". Although I have compiled openelec a few times.
(2014-02-17, 00:22)nickr Wrote: Yeah I understand it ain't particularly easy on windows anyway!

Personally I am going to wait until fernetmenta's ppa repo has caught up, so I guess I am a bit hypocritical in saying "compile it and see". Although I have compiled openelec a few times.

On a somewhat related note, Video Game High School Season 3 will be offering up 4K, 48fps encodes for those who pay $15 into their Indie Go Go. I'm paid in and VERY curious to see 4K 48fps fed into XBMC. Big Grin
Bloody Peter Jackson - do any TVs actually do 48Hz? Or is it 47.952 (ie 23.976x2)
(2014-02-17, 05:48)nickr Wrote: Bloody Peter Jackson - do any TVs actually do 48Hz? Or is it 47.952 (ie 23.976x2)

Mine does, had to use custom resolution utility to add it to windows, but yeah. My cheapo Dynex TV does 48hz if fed it. I also make it use 72hz which it uses for 24p, this negates the sound sync issue I'd get at 24hz.

However VGHS only uses 48fps in the video game world, the real world scenes are 24fps.
I have a laptop with a Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (at least that is what /proc/cpuinfo tells us)

It has a 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Whistler [Radeon HD 6630M/6650M/6750M/7670M/7690M] video controller (lspci) and is using fglrx 2:12.104-0ubuntu0.0.1 on mint maya kernel 3.2.0-57.

The xbmc I downloaded today 2:13.0~git20140217.0500-dbefd7c-0precise from fernetmenta's ppa

http://ppa.launchpad.net/wsnipex/xbmc-fe...er/ubuntu/ precise/main amd64 Packages

This build corresponds to

https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/commits/dbefd7c

has (1) the ffmpeg resync done by fernetmenta et al
(2) hevc multithread enabled

I have Enders.Game.2013.1080p.BluRay.DTS-HD.MA.7.1.x265.HEVC-PublicHD.mkv unashamedly downloaded for testing purposes only, and it appears to play multithreaded (as most of the cores go up when I play it.
(2014-02-17, 00:22)nickr Wrote: Yeah I understand it ain't particularly easy on windows anyway!

Caught up with what?
Between posting that, and post 208, a new compile is available, with the results in post 208.

That branch is very busy, as I am sure you know! And the downloads available when i posted what you quoted did not include the multithread commit. It only took a day, as one would expect!
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HEVC (also known as h.265) - Review0