Help with autorenaming filenames!
Hi i would like to have some help with the folowing problem:
i would like to have all my movies filename look like this

D:\Movies\Movie.Name.2012.720p.BluRay.x264-NAME\Movie.Name.2012.720p.BluRay.x264-NAME.mkv

quite alot of my movies look like this now

D:\Movies\Movie.Name.2012.720p.BluRay.x264-NAME\letters-numbers.mkv

i would like to have all my movies to have the same name as the folder they are in.
but if i do this manually it will take ages and also i will have to rename alot of other files like posters and fanart files created by EMM.
is there anyway to autorename all the files involved with some program orr commanline tool?

If there is and someone knows exactly how to, PLEASE tell me, show me or write a litte "how to guide" for me.
i have messed upp shit like this before using rename tools!

Thanx abunch!
Supplemental tools (wiki) has some suggestions.
(2013-07-30, 23:51)Ned Scott Wrote: Supplemental tools (wiki) has some suggestions.

Yes sure i know.. just unsure they can do the exact thing i want and i SUCK at using renamers as i always seem to fuck things up (i have a huge picture library i am trying to sort out aswell.) so i need a little "How-to" guide to do the exact things i want, if its possible
thanx
Fascixi, i was in the same boat a few months back... let me save you the trouble, you will have to do it manually.

Your best bet is MediaElch or Ember, but they are a good as they are dangerous. 99% of the time they rename and do everything perfect, but that 1% can screw you royally. i had episodes from one show put into and renamed to a completely different show, after that happens you are screwed because the only way to know is to watch the show.... even after(if) you find the error good luck trying and figuring out what episode of the show it is to put it back in the right place... like i said it was a nightmare.

By the time i found and repaired all the issues (in some cases re-downloaded entire series) i could have manually renamed my collection 5x over.

the only TRUE system would have to work via file hash, and as far as i can tell there isn't anything out there like that (or a hash DB to pull off of)
I think I've posted a Powershell (or maybe just a batch file) that will do that, but I'm not sure.

But with Powershell you can do it, you just have to write it and test it...

Here's the step I would do:

1. Identify all movie files (extensions mkv, avi, iso...)
2. Get the folder name
3. Rename the movie file and log the old and new name to a file if it's not the same as the folder already
4. Identify all other files in that folder that are based on the old name, subtitles, posters, fanart, logos...
5. Rename those files also, maybe log them to the log file.

Done.
I've been using a shareware util called Flash Renamer (in a windows environment) for many years now - it's one of a small handful of shareware tools that I've found useful enough to register.

In addition to having a ton of options, and allowing you to save presets and re-use 'em, it has an undo feature - so, you could recursively rename a thousand files, and if you see that something has gone horribly wrong, just hit undo.

One of the options is to use the parent folder name as a part of the filename.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with autorenaming filenames!0