Question on filename and NFO file matching
I have a show, Pawn Stars, and only some of the files show up in XBMC.

I have season 6 in a folder called:
\Pawn Stars\Season 06.

Pawn Stars S06E01 - What You Talkin' 'Bout Sturgis.avi exists
Pawn Stars S06E01 - What You Talkin' 'Bout Sturgis.nfo exists
with this content:
<season>2012</season>
<episode>49</episode>

Because of the way tvdb.com presents it, the NFO files info do not match the filename.

Could this be causing the problem, even if I tell XBMC not to load from internet, but from NFO files instead?
Why not just name the episodes the way they are listed on thetvdb and forego the NFO files entirely?
Pawn Stars S2012E49 - What You Talkin' 'Bout Sturgis.avi

You can still organize your episode files within season folders named as you wish (e.g., \Pawn Stars\Season 06\ ).
Try the XEM scraper. It pulls data from tvdb, but using alternative episode naming.
Well, with this particular series, thetvdb keeps changing the way they are structured.

I tried the XEM scraper, because that pulls in the aired order from the series...

But to the first reply... shouldn't the NFO file for the video override the filename?
(2013-08-08, 06:10)john_es Wrote: But to the first reply... shouldn't the NFO file for the video override the filename?

Yes, but the scraper won't be able to find the episode since it's looking for the matching season/episode information in the file name. You can certainly provide *all* the metadata for an episode via your NFO file, then you can name the episode file however you want as long as the NFO file name matches it.
(2013-08-08, 06:10)john_es Wrote: Well, with this particular series, thetvdb keeps changing the way they are structured.

I tried the XEM scraper, because that pulls in the aired order from the series...

But to the first reply... shouldn't the NFO file for the video override the filename?

All scrapers have a settings button.
(2013-08-08, 06:39)Ned Scott Wrote: All scrapers have a settings button.

Doh! Forgot about that. I just verified on thetvdb that the episode entitled "What You Talkin' 'Bout Sturgis?" is indeed S06E01 based on DVD order. So, what you can do is open the context menu for the "Pawn Stars" folder, select "Change content", go to the "Settings" page and select "DVD order". You should now be able to scrape that episode correctly into the library, without the use of any NFO file. This should also pick up all your other episodes if their season/episode numbers are likewise based on DVD order (again, no need for NFO files).

Thanks, Ned.
(2013-08-08, 06:19)artrafael Wrote: Yes, but the scraper won't be able to find the episode since it's looking for the matching season/episode information in the file name. You can certainly provide *all* the metadata for an episode via your NFO file, then you can name the episode file however you want as long as the NFO file name matches it.

Guys, thanks for your patience on this. Based on this comment, the NFO file should remove the necessity of having to rename the file in any way. I like maintaining my NFO files because especially for movies, it means that I don't have to worry about a mismatched movie/tv show.

The NFO files all match the "Aired Order" off of tvdb, even though the file names don't.

So for instance, this one is not picked up:

Code:
Pawn Stars S07E05 - Ready To Rumble.avi
Pawn Stars S07E05 - Ready To Rumble.nfo

<title>Ready to Rumble</title>
  <aired>2013-06-13</aired>
  <rating>7.0</rating>
  <season>2013</season>
  <episode>23</episode>

But this one is:

Code:
Pawn Stars S07E02 - Grumpy Old Man.mp4
Pawn Stars S07E02 - Grumpy Old Man.nfo

<title>Grumpy Old Man</title>
  <aired>2013-05-30</aired>
  <rating>7.0</rating>
  <season>2013</season>
  <episode>20</episode>

I've even tried rescanning with DVD and Absolute Ordering unchecked (which should be aired order), and it doesn't pick some of them up.

http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=seasona...rder=aired
Well, changing the NFO file to match the season and episode from the file name solves it. It's not ideal, but this series in probably one of the worst in terms of finding consensus on what constitutes a season...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question on filename and NFO file matching0