Linux Streaming to OpenElec via AEX
I've been attempting to make a virtual audio stream in Linux Mint 14 using PulseAudio's built in options. In theory all I have to do is flip the program to the output channel and it will direct the music player or browser to that audio channel which should broadcast over the network to my Raspberry Pi which is running OpenElec. In practice, I'll be able to use Media players, Google Music or whatever web browser I want to use the stereo system that is hooked up to the Rpi.

However, the Raspberry Pi seems to not want to play nice. Using the built in options with PulseAudio to detect Airplay streams show both the Raspberry Pi and my main HTPC/server box. When I flip anything to that audio channel the Raspberry Pi will undim itself but has nothing happen from there. Setting up a RAOP sink manually using "pactl load-module module-raop-sink server=192.168.1.101:5000" also does nothing. As a third option I used the program stream2ip to pull it off and still got nothing. For that matter I couldn't figure out how to make it work over uPnp using said program.

Is this a problem inherent in the RaspPi distributions? When I did it with my XBMC build on Ubuntu it worked even if the sound was a tad bit janky. I'm not afraid of the Command Line even if I am an amateur at it so if anyone could help me diagnose this problem I'll gladly provide any information needed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming to OpenElec via AEX0