• 8(current)
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)
really like the concept .. and I guess, it garantuees a high WAF ;-) ... some color themes would be nice, not everybody likes b/w (it would raise WAF again :-)
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
@wishie, webjib

Been focused by me. This is the response:
(2013-10-24, 11:38)thedeadman Wrote: The sidebar being highlighted on return to the content menus is a compromise unfortunately. Addons are the source of the problem: if they break down and don't return content (due to say, an external web resource going down), the skin can't focus on the main menu.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
@wishie, @webjib,

This is obviously becoming a sticking point. I'll look into it again and push it up the list for the next update.

@LastCoder,
High WAF is very much part of the plan (i'll be buggered if i'm gonna pay for any of the half-assed PVR internet-telly boxes doing the rounds in the U.K. at the moment) :-) Adding color themes should be a breeze when its complete.
Ive been doing some slight mods to my installed copy of the skin.. I have removed the circle masked images in the lists (takes way too long to generate them on the RPi, with a massive collection), moved the text in the lists over a bit so they don't look out of place, and replaced the FILENAME in the bottom of the skin with the TAGLINE and made it scrollable.

So far, Im loving the skin, cheers again. Keep up the good work.

PS: I also noticed that in TV Shows, 'Specials' show up as 'Unknown Season'.. I think this is because ListItem.Season doesn't return '0' but 'null'.. As a crude hack, I changed the fallback from "Unknown Season" to "Specials"
I've also noticed that the circle masked images take ages to load.

Is there anyway to speed them up or have the option to remove them ? My library is an SQL setup on my NAS where all the movies live.

Oh, running on a Pivos Xios under Linux
They are fast on decent hardware, and should be stored in the Textures db once generated I think.. but its just way too slow on ARM based hardware, for example...

I have found another bug too:
When you go to the video library, and you have 'Latest' selected, down the bottom it shows the Page Number/Codec/Filename for the last Movie you had selected

(2013-10-29, 07:28)dalben Wrote: I've also noticed that the circle masked images take ages to load.

Is there anyway to speed them up or have the option to remove them ? My library is an SQL setup on my NAS where all the movies live.

Not that I can see, which is why i edited the source to remove them.. Speeds up load times a lot.
Excuse the wallpaper, but here you can see some of the small mods I made to the 'footer' and that its showing the information for the movie '10000 BC' which I last had selected in the MOVIES view.

@thanks Wishie, I'll look into what you've reported.
Ive made some other changes you might be interested in too.. maybe..

Partially Played items now have different 'icons' (from the font) to visually show how much you have watched so far.

Also a few other little things.
Great stuff :-)

If you want to share your code (git pull from the testing branch maybe?) I'd be happy to review and possibly incorporate it.

Cheers!
I will set up a git repo and do a pull soonish..

I also found a type in Includes_Variables.xml ..

<variable name="MusicViewType">

should be

<variable name="musicViewType">

Seems XBMC is case sensitive with variable names.
I found this while trying to track down why the GLOBAL background doesn't work when you're in a list within the music library

Any ideas on that?
Cool.

musicViewType - thanks, will adjust.

Not sure about the global background in music lists, will have a look. Recently I discovered that music files and library items are handled by different parent XML pages (myVideoNav.xml, myMusicSongs.xml) If I had to guess, it say the problem is probably gonna be there. In any case, I'll make sure its fixed for the next update.
Some more odd behaviour.. the DialogSeekBar doesn't seem to display on my RPi, but displays just fine on OS X.

EDIT
Actually, I found one of the issues I was having is because OS X uses DialogFullScreenInfo.xml where the RPi uses VideoOSD.xml

Perhaps its a similar issue with DialogSeekBar.xml
Just tested this Skin out today, Loving the style of the menu's, and functionality.

Absolutely love the Information view (Pressing default key "i") the full screen background picture. clean plot etc.

Not too sure on the default view of the content atm. but will keep my eye on this project and provide better feedback / critic when i can. Otherwise keep it up, loving it!
@soxism - cheers!

@wishie - RE: DialogSeekbar. Not sure why this is occurring - either a filename or something in it's visibility conditions has gone awry. Does renaming it to DialogSeekBar.xml fix the problem?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)20