• 22(current)
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)
The XML edit worked great! Just to clarify, when you say, delete the image control, do you mean the <control type="image"> key and elements in the XML or is there a GUI location in system that can disable the control? The system/settings menus are the one thing about XBMC that I struggle with between skins. I always have to hunt after changing.
@jchri66 - Good stuff. I meant the former - no gui action.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2014-05-13, 10:39)thedeadman Wrote: @Dan0sz: You're welcome :-)

@jchri66: Easy enough. You'll have to edit a skin file though: 1080i/custom_musicPlayerFullscreen.xml

Replace:
Code:
<!--vignettes-->
<control type="image">
     <posx>0</posx>
     <posy>0</posy>
     <include>dimensionsFullscreen</include>
     <texture>masks/videoGrid.png</texture>
     <colordiffuse>ffffffff</colordiffuse>
     <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
</control>

with:
Code:
<!--vignettes-->
<control type="image">
     <visible>false</visible>
     <posx>0</posx>
     <posy>0</posy>
     <include>dimensionsFullscreen</include>
     <texture>masks/videoGrid.png</texture>
     <colordiffuse>ffffffff</colordiffuse>
     <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
</control>

Or simply delete that image control - whichever is easiest.

... i removed it also (also my only change) ... is it possible to do this with an template option (switch grid on/off) du to a update protection?
(2014-05-06, 12:23)thedeadman Wrote: @Keli: Music videos is a tough one. I'm hoping that my current work of rationalising some of the menu code will make it much easier to find them in future. Plan is to have music videos as a main menu option in the music section.

@Keli < youre right :-)

@deadman < thanks to be so open minded for all these suggestions!!

If possible to do this i would suggest to add a section to have access to musicvideo addons from this screen ... vevo for example
@Bebox: Handling music video addons properly is proving to be very tricky, but I want to make it as seamless as possible. I'll see what I can do.
On another matter, I didn't respond to your last post.. The skin is released under Creative Commons, so if you want to use it in your fork then go right ahead.

@jchri66 @Bebox: I'm not precious about the grid overlay. I'm minded to just remove it. If anyone feels strongly about it, I'll consider adding it back as a skin option.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
@thedeadman: Thank you for the most beautiful, speedy and minimalistic skin, works great on my RPi. One thing though, is that the font you're using (Source Sans Pro) has only latin chars, so you're missing quite a lot of audience out there. I don't know if that would help, but I've changed skins font to Glametrix, it looks great and suits well IMO.
Thanks again.
@mit3z - have patience, the font's designer has been working on Cyrillic / Greek support for a while now. Soon as it's released, it'll be in the skin.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2014-05-06, 12:00)thedeadman Wrote: Home page customisation is planned (as is improving the pictures section).

Hey Deadman, very nice skin. I was a huge fan of the Sio2 skin before, because of the Apple TV look. But I noticed the skin isn't just that snappy and quick as yours. So I switched to Maximinimalism. But since I am not using the music or pictures function on my XBMC I was wondering when you are planning to implement the home screen customization? For instance I would like to have links to 'movies' and 'TV series' directly from the home screen.

Also one function in many other skins I have tried is the customization of the reboot button, menu or direct reboot or shutdown. Is that a planned item as well? I hope so Wink

Thanks in advance, cheers!
i love lots about this skin, is there a way to change the view in the movies/tv sections so you have the dvd cover/poster wall. this is the only thing stopping me switching to this skin. thanks for your help.
@deeds:
- Limited homescreen customisation (turn off unwanted items) will be in the next update. Adding custom items to the homescreen won't be done for a while yet though.
- There's already an option to switch the default powerdown option between 'exit' and 'shutdown' - settings->appearance->skin settings->prioritize exit over shutdown in power menu.

@rjcogin:
Sorry - there won't ever be user selectable views (like poster wall / coverflow etc) in this skin i'm afraid.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2014-05-15, 16:44)thedeadman Wrote: Sorry - there won't ever be user selectable views (like poster wall / coverflow etc) in this skin i'm afraid.

That's a bummer, this skin is probably the cleanest looking skin available right now.
Great skin! Really neat and easy to use interface.

Couple Q's
Is there any way to add custom items or a custom menu to the home screen? In the same manor, is there any way to remove items from the home screen (like taking away the music and photo buttons?). The Bello skin has the ability to add items to the homescreen that's really slick.

Also- is it possible to add a playlist anywhere so it can be played automatically vs. just viewing it's contents? Again, Bello allowed you to add a playlist the home screen and it would auto play with the click of the OK button.

If I can figure those out or rig something up, this skin will be perfect for my use. It's so fast on the RPi!
(2014-05-15, 16:44)thedeadman Wrote: @deeds:
- Limited homescreen customisation (turn off unwanted items) will be in the next update. Adding custom items to the homescreen won't be done for a while yet though.
- There's already an option to switch the default powerdown option between 'exit' and 'shutdown' - settings->appearance->skin settings->prioritize exit over shutdown in power menu.

@deadman:
- I can understand that homepage customisation is a very big thing to code, but turning off unwanted items would be cool as well. Less clutter for me in the way I use my XBMC system.
- But thats the thing; I want to have 'reboot' as prioritized option Wink

Thanks for the quick answers though!
Quote:I want to have 'reboot' as prioritized option

...Ah, I see. You'll need to modify the skin for that yourself i'm afraid. The file you want is 1080i/DialogButtonMenu.xml. Moving item id 5 up to the top of the list should do the trick. I can't see my changing that file anytime soon, so your mod should survive future updates.

Let me know if you get stuck, I can post code if need be.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Was thinking of a mod myself where clicking on the power button (home screen) suspends the machine instead of displaying power options- perfect for my openelec box!
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)20