Enable new network cacheing feature, how?
I was extremely excited to read about the new network cacheing feature introduced in this post: http://xbmc.org/xbmc-13-gotham-june-and-july-cycles/

I've been unable to find any information on exactly how it works and how to enable it, does anyone know?
Ah, I found it:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <network>
          <alwaysforcebuffer>1</alwaysforcebuffer>
     </network>
<advancedsettings>
(2013-08-09, 00:26)Ned Scott Wrote: Ah, I found it:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <network>
          <alwaysforcebuffer>1</alwaysforcebuffer>
     </network>
<advancedsettings>

Thanks Ned, going to give this a go!
You rock Ned! Do you know how this is implemented? Does it just cache as quickly as possible the remainder of the file being played or is it something else?
I think it bases it on how much it thinks needs to be cached, based on how fast the data is coming in. There's some work being done to force the cache to always fill up no matter what, but that hasn't been added yet.
Interesting, thanks for the information! It will be fantastic if they get the "unlimited" cache option enabled.
So u have to creat this file urself correct or have they finally updated xbmc 13 along with an advanced settings xml?

Ok another question regarding cache and buffer:

When u do creat an xml for the advanced settings, can u add what ever u need in 1 xml or do u have to do them all seperate and end up having like 5 different advancedsettings.xml's??
You create the advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file, and you only use one, and place it in your userdata (wiki) folder. Everything should be between the <advancedsettings> ... </advancedsettings> tags. So if you have an existing AS file, just add what you need between the tags.
Thanks ned!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enable new network cacheing feature, how?0